Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #61
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

I don't know what Stefan was doing on court today, but I wouldn't call it tennis

He was hardly moving at all. I don't know if he was tight, but he put in hardly any effort and it was HILARIOUS. He kept smiling through it all, laughing when the umpire overruled a line call, moving his ass so it would hit a dodgy first serve of Nathans. Playing futsal with the tennis ball...using his feet and chest. It would have been awful to watch but he made it fun. Even though Healey won, I was waving my Austrian flag at the end
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #62
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

Stefan is playing in Durban, South Africa this week and is seeded #1 in this challenger. He won his first match over Whitehouse (RSA) 6-4, 6-2. Next he will play Cipolla (ITA).
Stefan want to raise his ranking and this is the way for him to do it.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #63
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Stef is fine and has covered his points from Zagreb and he defeated LaLo in 3 sets and now will play Ljubo likely.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #64

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Stef is fine and has covered his points from Zagreb and he defeated LaLo in 3 sets and now will play Ljubo likely.
I do not undstand what you mean he covered his points from last year. Last year Stefan reached the finals and yesterday he lost to Ljubicic so he will lose a great many points. That is a shame.

Meanwhile another Austrian, Alex Peya, is doing very well. Today Alex defeated Llodra in the Quater finals and will play either Clement or Baghdatis in the semis.

I wonder who will pay the second singles for the DC with Alex doing so well, he should be considered to have a chance. Of course Jurgen will play number one on the DC team.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #65
country flag Nadl

Nadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond reputeNadl has a reputation beyond repute

i think he meant that stefan saved his zagreb points by reaching the final from chennai

and the austrian davis cup trainer thought about it to put alex in the team!

i'm really impressed.. he's in the semifinal (as a qualifier)

roger
Nadl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #66
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

You are right Nadl. I doubt Peya will play in the DC tie.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #67

I think I get it now. My question is will his ranking drop because he did not reach the finals this week? He was up to 50 in the rankings.

I agree that Peya will most likely not get to play unless it is a dead match. The Austrians stick with Stefan no matter whether he is playing well or not. If they gave the younger players a chance, they would have experience and I feel Austria would do better. At times both Marach and Peya have been playing well and they did not get a chance to play for their country.

What upsets me is the fact that the one time Stefan was not chosen to play singles because his ranking had dropped so low, he chose to play in a tournament to help his ranking and was not there to support his team and country. I am sure you feel this is fine, but I think it shows the type of person he is. Always thinking of himself first.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #68
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
I think I get it now. My question is will his ranking drop because he did not reach the finals this week? He was up to 50 in the rankings..
He is ranked 71 at the moment, but that isn't too important.

Quote:
I agree that Peya will most likely not get to play unless it is a dead match. The Austrians stick with Stefan no matter whether he is playing well or not. If they gave the younger players a chance, they would have experience and I feel Austria would do better. At times both Marach and Peya have been playing well and they did not get a chance to play for their country.
So if Stefan is playing well, then he shouldn't play, cause they need to give younger players a chance? If he is in form, then he should be picked, if not, then he shouldn't.

Quote:
What upsets me is the fact that the one time Stefan was not chosen to play singles because his ranking had dropped so low, he chose to play in a tournament to help his ranking and was not there to support his team and country. I am sure you feel this is fine, but I think it shows the type of person he is. Always thinking of himself first.
So what should he have gone to the Mexican tie and been head cheerleader or something? Here is the thing you complain about him playing a tournament in the week when he wasn't selected for the team. He wasn't playing well enough to be there and these players have to look after their rankings as well, there is a balance there, especially since Stef is not a top player.

If he was injured and couldn't play then it would be the perfect time to go there and support them and actually that challenger result helped him move back up the rankings. Actually it doesn't show anything about him as a person at all.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #69
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Disappointing effort from Stefan against Chucho. This was hard for me as I wanted Argentina to win the tie, but Koubek to play well. One part of that happened and the other didn't sadly.

Acasuso didn't face any break points in the first set, but served poorly in the tiebreaker and Koubek had 2 set points and couldn't convert on either.

Chucho broke early and held the momentum to give his team the 1-0 lead. After a tough set, it became easier for Chucho who served well, but had some help from El Fashionista with 44 unforced errors.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #70
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef lost to Murray in the QFs of Memphis, but that's not a surprise really.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-25-2007, 06:13 AM   #71
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stefan is playing in this stupid RR format in Viva Las Vegas.

GROUP 6
(3) SAFIN, Marat (RUS)
KOUBEK, Stefan (AUT)
KUNITSYN, Igor (USA) or DANCEVIC, Frank (CAN)

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #72
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

No more RR and that's good and here are some pics of Stef in the Sunrise Challenger.

El Fashionista was too good for the King 7-6 6-4 coming back from 1-4 down in the 2nd set.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #73
country flag yoyo

yoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond reputeyoyo has a reputation beyond repute

Koubek retired in Valencia in the 2nd Round against Volandri 4:6,0:1 due to injury - left foot. hopefully nothing serious. probably he withdraws from monte carlo.
yoyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #74
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef has withdrawn from Monte Carlo.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #75
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

El Fashionista will be back playing in Munich.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1