Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:24 AM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJurgenfan View Post
Koubek stated in his translation diary that "today everything was correct against Carlson". That does not say much since Carlson took him to three sets with Stefan winning 7-6, 2-6, 6-4.
Did he win the match? Then everything is correct as long as he gets the W next to his name and moves through to the next round.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #17
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Did he win the match? Then everything is correct as long as he gets the W next to his name and moves through to the next round.
You and I view things differently. To me everything is correct when you win easily. I guess you and Stefan think alike.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #18
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You and I view things differently. To me everything is correct when you win easily. I guess you and Stefan think alike.
W and L are the most important things in pro tennis and players don't get extra points for playing well. Hence Koubek did well enough to win this match and got the correct result.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #19

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
W and L are the most important things in pro tennis and players don't get extra points for playing well. Hence Koubek did well enough to win this match and got the correct result.
I was sorry to see that Koubek did not play very well against Kubot losing 2-6, 3-6. Both Stefan and Kubot have risen in their rankings this year. I run a contest on Tennisweek.com and Stefan has improve by 103 places while Kubot has improvedd by 20 places so far this year. In the contest my son picked Stefan and I supported his selection because I knew Stefan can do a lot better than he had. Marty Fish is the leadding player as he has improved 178 places. Hope you will enter the contest next year. It starts in December and I give everyone two weeks to enter. No player may be selected twice.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #20
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Hmmm that is interesting about that contest.

Stef is now in Dnepropetrovsk and plays Economidies in the 1st round.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Hmmm that is interesting about that contest.

Stef is now in Dnepropetrovsk and plays Economidies in the 1st round.
I hope he does well. He should be able to win.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #22
country flag christos

christos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond reputechristos has a reputation beyond repute

But they play as team in doubles hehe , against Italians Luzzi/Starace
christos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #23
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I hope he does well. He should be able to win.
Don't underestimate the Big Greek, he has done very well this year as well.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #24
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef and the Big Greek won their doubles match in straight sets.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #25
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Koubek defeated his doubles partner in straight sets and now has to play against big serving bozo Rusedski for a place in the QFs.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #26
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef defeated the big serving bozo in 3 sets and plays the young Ukranian Dologpolov Jr for a place in the semis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Stef defeated the big serving bozo in 3 sets and plays the young Ukranian Dologpolov Jr for a place in the semis.
This is great for Stefan. Hope he keeps it up. Go Stefan win.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #28
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Come back with the yellow shorts Stefan. He lost to the young Ukranian 6-2 6-4 and the worst thing is that he had 7 break back points when Dolgopolov was serving for the match.

Hope he has done enough to be able to get into Doha in Jan and he will more than likely be at the St Anton event again.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Come back with the yellow shorts Stefan. He lost to the young Ukranian 6-2 6-4 and the worst thing is that he had 7 break back points when Dolgopolov was serving for the match.

Hope he has done enough to be able to get into Doha in Jan and he will more than likely be at the St Anton event again.

According to the S. Anton web site he will be there and so will Jurgen Melzer.

I was sorry to see him lose to Dologopolov. Stefan had been playing so well that I was sure he would win. It was a tough match for lhim to lose.

At least he has had a good year and risen in the rankings. He is better than his ranking shows, but he is slowly climbing up.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:36 AM   #30
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef will be playing in Chennai, then he is an alternate on either Sydney or Auckland, then off to the Aus Open.

Of course he is in St Anton, he loves it there.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1