Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

Since Melzer and Marach have their own thread, it's time for Koubek to have one.

It seems Stefan's decision to skip the Davis Cup playoff to get his ranking back in the top 100 has been successful. After defeating Ancic and making the semis in Mumbai, he has done well in his home event of Vienna is in the quarters defeating Baghdatis and now plays Hrbaty for a place in the semi finals.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

Good timing
How gorgeous is this photo!? Well not really, but it's amusing. If I find nicer ones, I'll add them. He's definitely deserving of a thread...now that he's the freaking #2 in Austria

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 AM   #3
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stefan "The Yellow Shorts will never die" Koubek Appreciation Thread

I need to find some with the yellow shorts.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #4
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, yep...Yellow shorts pic is a necessary part of this thread
To make up for that horrible one I posted earlier

:retard:

Last edited by Kristen : 10-13-2006 at 05:53 AM. Reason: [added photos]
Old 10-13-2006, 06:02 AM   #5
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Some older ones.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 AM   #6
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-13-2006, 06:14 AM   #9
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 08-04-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #10
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Tennis/WTA...993213-ap.html

Koubek upsets Baghdatis

VIENNA, Austria (AP) - Cyprus' Marcos Baghdatis was upset by Stefan Koubek of Austria, 1-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2 in the second round of the BA-CA Tennis Trophy on Thursday.

Baghdatis outplayed wild card Koubek in the first set, but found himself soon at 1-4 down in the second. The Australian Open finalist, coming back after missing two weeks due to a shoulder injury, got the re-break but lost in the tiebreaker. From 2-2 in the third set, Baghdatis lost four games in row.

"I was just too nervous at the beginning and needed a set to settle down. I was surprised myself that I could turn the match around," Koubek said.

The Austrian will play Dominik Hrbaty of Slovakia in the quarter-finals.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef lost 7-6 7-6 to Tsonga in the 1st round of qualies of Paris, off to the Challengers now mate.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-06-2006, 06:59 AM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Stef is playing against Cernak in the first round of the Bratislava challenger.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #13
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Melbourne Cup day at work today and they had a fashion parade. I was laughing out loud every time they said fashionista. I think it was more amusing as it was Richard Wilkins saying it.

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Old 11-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #14
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Koubek is all style and these idiots who don't know that are just buffoons.

Onto tennis El Fashionista is in the Qfs of the Blava challenger and he plays Kubot the clown for a spot in the semis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #15
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Koubek is all style and these idiots who don't know that are just buffoons.

Onto tennis El Fashionista is in the Qfs of the Blava challenger and he plays Kubot the clown for a spot in the semis.
Koubek stated in his translation diary that "today everything was correct against Carlson". That does not say much since Carlson took him to three sets with Stefan winning 7-6, 2-6, 6-4.

Good luck to Stefan against Kubot.