UK Weekend 13-16/10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
country flag rich_a

rich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Weekend 13-16/10

W35/L65/V5 +35.15

Championship

Southend vs Coventry

Over the last couple of seasons (and continuing this season) Coventry have been great at home and woeful away from home. This is a fade. Pure and simple. Southend are decent at home and I feel people are overreacting to the fact that they lost to Cardiff at home 3-0. However, apart from that match they havent lost at home this season and the loss is nothing to be ashamed of, Cardiff are now 5points clear at the top of the table. Coventry are 1-0-5 away from home overall and 1-0-4 away from home in the league. The only win coming against 2nd bottom placed Hull who are really struggling this season. As well as this, Coventry have some injury worries including top scorer Stern John and they still havent recovered from the sale of Gary McSheffrey to Birmingham. A bet on Southend looks good and Fredy Eastwood will be looking to get back on the scoresheet after 2games off the scoresheet.

Their last two results have been two 3-0 losses though so this will not be a big bet. However, Cardiff are flying high and Norwich are an extremely strong home side. Despite this I was still expecting no higher than 2.4-2.5.

Southend win @ 2.6 - 1unit

GL
rich_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 01:32 AM   #2
country flag rich_a

rich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Weekend 13-16/10

BTW, this game is a Friday night match.

Also, with the Friday night matches Im very tempted on Bradford as Northampton are truly woeful at home however I expected better odds so Im leaving it.

GL
Old 10-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
country flag MAGUIRENESS

MAGUIRENESS is on a distinguished road

Intersting ... I will take a look into this game

Thanks 4 the info
MAGUIRENESS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
country flag rich_a

Loss BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_a View Post
Fredy Eastwood will be looking to get back on the scoresheet after 2games off the scoresheet.
I hope someone took it as he scored first and another later in the match tonight.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
country flag rich_a

W35/L66/V5 +34.15

Premiership

Middlesbrough vs Everton

Boro have had a very interesting start under Gareth Southgate. Threres no other way to put it. Theyve beaten Chelsea. Thrown away a two goal lead to Reading. Lost 4-0 at home to Pompey. They lost at home to Notts County and Blackburn and lost their last match in the last minute to Sheffield United. Everton on the other hand have been very consistent and are one of the only two teams unbeaten this season. The only problem they may have is the fact that Tim Cahill played in Australia this week and didnt get back until Thursday, however, even without him they have goals in the form of Johnson, Beattie, Arteta et al. They should win this game with or without Cahill. Adding to this, Woodgate is out injured for Boro and this is a big blow, Johnson should exploit them with pace and I feel this could be a relatively comfortable victory.

Everton to win @ 2.86 - 1.5units

Portsmouth vs West Ham

Im not going to harp on about how good West Ham are and how unlucky theyve been and how lucky Pompey have been so far this season. Its just not true. Pompey have started the season extremely well and West Ham's season has got worse and worse. However, West Ham have lost 5 in a row and I just cant see it reaching 6. They have some quality players and this includes Anton Ferdinand who is returning from injury which should be a big boost. Pompey have started the season well but have experienced a setback in the form of two defeats in a row. A home defeat to Bolton and an away defeat to Spurs. This shows their defence is hardly unbreachable and I see no reason for West Ham not try and get their own back for the hammering Pompey gave them last season at Upton Park. West Ham have a great record at Portsmouth with 3wins and a draw in their last 4visits and I expect them to add to that.

West Ham win @ 4.04 - 1unit

Reading vs Chelsea

Chelsea are the only side that can boast the fact that they have been in front in every single league match regardless of the final score. This bodes well for a first scorer in a Chelsea shirt. There is one man on the Chelsea team who is just on fire so far this season and Im willing to go with him on the fact that he'll stay this way. Didier Drogba has scored 6in his last 6matches and has opened the scoring 4times this season. Im willing to put a small bet on him doing it again.

Didier Drogba First Scorer @ 5.18 - 1unit

Championship

Crystal Palace vs Cardiff

Cardiff are flying high, no doubt about it. Theyre top of the league by 5points, theyve scored 14in their last 4games, theyve won their last 3games and theyre playing great football. Things are good for the Welsh side. Palace are playing well and the table shows this, however, have failed to win in 3of their last 4 away matches and the one win was against Coventry who are generally poor away from home. However, wins for Cardiff away from home against Barnsley, Leeds and Southend as well as having a 3-0 lead after an hour against Plymouth will leave them full of confidence. Their attackers are on fire and theyve only let in 1goal in 3games. The odds are extremely good and Im on their side.

Cardiff to win @ 3.04 - 1.5units

I expect Cardiff to be fully in command of this match and theyre last 5matches have gone over 2.5goals so to get over 1.8 is very good.

Over 2.5goals @ 2.06 - 2units

Leeds vs Stoke

These two teams are both down the bottom of the table. They have played 10games each and have a combined total of 4wins. However, theyve both recently added some good players to their squads (Alan Wright to Leeds and Lee Hendrie to Stoke) and I expect this to be a hard fought game. Once again David Healy comes back from Int'l duty as a hero, however, I cant see him scoring this weekend unless its a penalty as thats what seems to happen with him - great for N.Ireland, average for Leeds! Stoke are hard to break down. Theyve drawn 6of their 10matches and while Leeds have only drawn once this season, I can forsee Stoke drawing once again.

Draw @ 3.33 - 1unit

Wolves vs Colchester

Colchester are the form team of the Championship. Wolves are one of the teams who feel they are too big for the Championship. Wolves will be wanting to forget their last outing an away trip to Cardiff where they got beaten 4-0. Colchester held their nerve in an end to end encounter against Ipswich last time out and won 1-0 creating a number of chances and defending well. Wolves have lost 3out of their last 4matches including 2losses in 4home matches. Colchester havent lost in 6 including an away victory to 3rd placed Burnley. So what do the odds look like?! Well I feel the bookmakers still look at Wolves as a big club and Colchester as the minnows. I fully expect Colchester to get at least a point out of this match and maybe even jump above Wolves in the table.

Colchester to win @ - 1unit
Colchester +0.5 @ 2.04 - 1.5units

Over 10.5units in play so hopefully it'll be a good weekend

GL
Old 10-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #6
country flag rich_a

As for Watford, I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to get something off Arsenal. They havent had the greatest of starts at their new home and theyve got a few injuries, a few tired players after travelling around the world and hopefully their minds on Tuesday away at Kiev.

I said before that odds came out that anything over 9 was value. Betfair are offering something like 22. Now that looks nice. Arsenal hate playing physical teams and thats exactly what Watford are. They have strong quick players and Arsenal dont like that. They are much the better team but I expect us to be a total match for them and if we do lose, it wont be by more that one goal IMO so +1.5 shows great value.

GL
Old 10-14-2006, 01:38 AM   #7
country flag Bashlike

Bashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the wonderfull info rich_a

i was thinking of taking everton too,

since woodgate is injured, but you never know.

Everton@ 2.70

Drogba 1st goal scorer @ 5.00

Last edited by Bashlike : 10-14-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Bashlike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:51 AM   #8
country flag GodOfGamblers

GodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
W35/L66/V5 +34.15

Portsmouth vs West Ham

Im not going to harp on about how good West Ham are and how unlucky theyve been and how lucky Pompey have been so far this season. Its just not true. Pompey have started the season extremely well and West Ham's season has got worse and worse. However, West Ham have lost 5 in a row and I just cant see it reaching 6. They have some quality players and this includes Anton Ferdinand who is returning from injury which should be a big boost. Pompey have started the season well but have experienced a setback in the form of two defeats in a row. A home defeat to Bolton and an away defeat to Spurs. This shows their defence is hardly unbreachable and I see no reason for West Ham not try and get their own back for the hammering Pompey gave them last season at Upton Park. West Ham have a great record at Portsmouth with 3wins and a draw in their last 4visits and I expect them to add to that.

GL
Not sure if it's matter to you or not but I heard Tevez is not playing... I am going for Portsmouth at home @1.90
GodOfGamblers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #9
country flag rich_a

Tevez not playing might be a good thing. Since he came theyve scored 1goal and he wasnt even on the pitch then!

He may be class but their tactic is "get the ball to Tevez." He has started 4out of the last 5games and West Ham have failed to score in these last 5games. Maybe if Pardew goes back to what they were doing for the first couple of games and all of last season they might find their groove back
Old 10-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
country flag Mario66

Mario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond reputeMario66 has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester City to beat Sheffield United $1.72 (big play)

Leeds - Stoke X2 $1.80 (smaller one)

Good luck everybody!

Marat Safin
Mario Lemieux

Roger Federer

Carlitos Tevez

Simo Eerikäinen
Mario66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #11

GodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond reputeGodOfGamblers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
W35/L66/V5 +34.15

Portsmouth vs West Ham

GL
fuk me dead but I hope you are wrong man...I just placed $311 buck on Westham with +1 goal.

Accepted English Premiership - PORTSMOUTH v WEST HAM UNITED - Handicap with Draw - WEST HAM UNITED +1.0 Win 1.70 311.74 529.96
Old 10-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #12

here I go, the adrenaline is pumping and i am going to have a heart attack now..

$2.57 to win $6369.50

Bet Slip: 42583541
Placed on: 13 Oct 2006 17:16 CST 17:48

Multi Bet
STATUS Description Price Wager AUD Payout Results
Accepted ATP Vienna - Quarter Finals - GONZALEZ v NALBANDIAN - Head To Head - GONZALEZ, Fernando (CHI) Win 2.05 2.57 6369.50 GONZALEZ, Fernando (CHI) 2 - 1
(Winner)

I am waiting for this !!!!<<<<<<<<English Premiership - PORTSMOUTH v WEST HAM UNITED - Head To Head - PORTSMOUTH Win 1.90 >>>>>>>>

2006 Tri Nations - Matches - NEW ZEALAND v AUSTRALIA - Winning Margin - AUSTRALIA - Under 12.5 Win 3.00 AUSTRALIA ¦ Under 12.5
(Winner)

English Premiership - WIGAN ATHLETIC v MANCHESTER UNITED - Handicap with Draw - MANCHESTER UNITED -1.0 Win 2.60 MANCHESTER UNITED -1.0 3 - 1
(Winner)

ATP Vienna - Quarter Finals - KOUBEK v HRBATY - Head To Head - HRBATY, Dominik (SVK) Win 1.65 HRBATY, Dominik (SVK) 2 - 1
(Winner)

MLB League Championship Playoffs 13/10 - OAKLAND at DETROIT - OAKLAND, (HARDEN, R) at DETROIT, (ROGERS, K) - DETROIT, (ROGERS, K) Win 1.69 DETROIT, (ROGERS, K) 3 - 0
(Winner)

ATP Stockholm - Quarter Finals - LOPEZ v NIEMINEN - Head To Head - NIEMINEN, Jarkko (FIN) Win 1.50 NIEMINEN, Jarkko (FIN) 2 - 0
(Winner)

WTA Bangkok Quarter Finals - BAMMER v TANASUGARN - Head to Head - TANASUGARN, Tamarine (THA) Win 2.60 TANASUGARN, Tamarine (THA) 2 - 0
(Winner)

WTA Moscow Quarter Finals - MAURESMO v VAIDISOVA - Head to Head - VAIDISOVA, Nicole (CZE) Win 2.60 VAIDISOVA, Nicole (CZE) 2 - 1
(Winner)

WTA Moscow Quarter Finals - SCHNYDER v DEMENTIEVA - Head to Head - DEMENTIEVA, Elena (RUS) Win 1.63 DEMENTIEVA, Elena (RUS) 2 - 0
(Winner)

ATP Stockholm - Quarter Finals - SODERLING v BERDYCH - Head To Head - SODERLING, Robin (SWE) Win 1.77 SODERLING, Robin (SWE) 2 - 0
(Winner)

2478.40 Effective Price

Last edited by GodOfGamblers : 10-14-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #13
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

god of gamblers you won

congrats
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutafon View Post
god of gamblers you won

congrats
Thankyou Kutafon!

A nice profit from $2.57

I still got 1 more $2 ticket worth about $4000 waiting for 1 more match and I will know tomorrow morning. I had another 6 dead tickets that had 11 out of 12 correct. All worth around $4000. All well, winning any ticket is better then nothing even though so many near miss
Old 10-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #15
country flag rich_a

Wow, teaches me to bet on West Ham - they are truly woeful!

W37/L72/V5 +32.33