Horacio ZEBALLOS - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #241
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horacio ZEBALLOS

Career high ranking for him and first time in the top 100 at 98, congrats Horacio
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #242
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:38 AM   #243
country flag roberthenman

roberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond repute

Zeballos congrat

Adrian Garcia Julio Peralta Thomaz Bellucci Leo Mayer

Forever Marcelo Rios - Pete Sampras - Tim Henman
roberthenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #244
country flag HattonWBA

HattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond repute
Post Haracio Zeballos ?

I was just wondering what people's opinions are on Zeballos, i have seen him play quite a few times and he has seemed a solid decent player however has really struggled to get into main draw level tournements let alone win matches, however at 24 he is at a career best ranking of 97 which is impressive given his ranking of 272 of september 2008, his rise in the rankings is based on his tear up on the challenger curcuit espcially this year (Year to Date W/L : 31/11 with 3 challenger titles and 2 runner ups) I was wondering how far he could go if he continues to do well in the challengers in regards to his ranking or whether or not you believe he will continue to be just a journeyman who will not cut it on any level other than the challengers.

Kei Nishikori -- Martin Klizan -- Jo Wilfred Tsonga

David Ferrer

Last edited by HattonWBA : 08-07-2009 at 02:28 PM.
HattonWBA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #245
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haracio Zeballos ?

I think he will just be a journeyman. The fact that he has cracked the Top 100 is a great achievement, and deserved as well based on his great run this year, but I do not think he has the quality to be a consistent contender on the ATP Tour.

In this way, I think he is sort of like Marcel Granollers. Both also have quite unorthodox games, and both are really good doubles players too. But in the end I think Marcel is the more talented of the two.

Without trying to downplay his achievements, I also think that Horacio's rise in the ranking is for a very big part due to two factors: firstly, he had a crappy year in 2008, so he had very very few points to defend this year. Secondly, he schedules really really well. He has been playing the weak South American Challengers, which offer similar points as the much stronger American and especially European Challengers. On hard court, he is much better than most of the others. Moreover, many of the clay events are played on altitude, something that really aids his game. If you look at the players he has actually beaten this year, there aren't that many big names, and you could consider his ranking as inflated in relation to his actual performances.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #246
country flag HattonWBA

HattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Haracio Zeballos ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
I think he will just be a journeyman. The fact that he has cracked the Top 100 is a great achievement, and deserved as well based on his great run this year, but I do not think he has the quality to be a consistent contender on the ATP Tour.

In this way, I think he is sort of like Marcel Granollers. Both also have quite unorthodox games, and both are really good doubles players too. But in the end I think Marcel is the more talented of the two.

Without trying to downplay his achievements, I also think that Horacio's rise in the ranking is for a very big part due to two factors: firstly, he had a crappy year in 2008, so he had very very few points to defend this year. Secondly, he schedules really really well. He has been playing the weak South American Challengers, which offer similar points as the much stronger American and especially European Challengers. On hard court, he is much better than most of the others. Moreover, many of the clay events are played on altitude, something that really aids his game. If you look at the players he has actually beaten this year, there aren't that many big names, and you could consider his ranking as inflated in relation to his actual performances.
I totally agree with everything you have said, i only posted a thread to get opinions because i read an article comparing his year thus far with Bellucci and Schwanks last year, although as you hinted the qaulity of opponents and challenger events played etc has not been at the same level as the ones those guys played last year. I have to admit though i have noticed him winning a lot of matches this year but was stilled very suprised to see him at 97, was expecting somewhere around the region of 100 - 150 and the fact that he has only ever played one main draw match (loss to Petzschner) at 24 yrs of age is incredible. Anyway cheers for the response, Zeballos beat Chela today in three sets, i watched it and he played pretty well .

Kei Nishikori -- Martin Klizan -- Jo Wilfred Tsonga

David Ferrer
HattonWBA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #247
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Good analysis from Martijn. I just hope he can be more than a journeyman, his game keeps improving so it's not like it's impossible.

Vamos Cebolla in the final tomorrow
Old 08-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #248
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Problem with Zeballos is he is a choker.

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #249
country flag Caio_Brasil

Horacio won the whole thing
Old 08-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #250
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caio_Brasil View Post
Good analysis from Martijn. I just hope he can be more than a journeyman, his game keeps improving so it's not like it's impossible.

Vamos Cebolla in the final tomorrow
Yes, he has definitely been improving, so all credit to him for that. But he also got completely routed by Demoliner last week, losing only three games. I have never seen Demoliner play, but I think he seems very promising based on the results in the few tournaments he has played this year, but despite this, the scoreline was quite a shock.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 08-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #251
MONSOON season.

Anyways, if we look at how Horacio fared against Top 200 players this season (the ranking in between brackets is the indication on the playing activity section of his ATP profile):

Won (6):

Nicolas Massu (93)
Thiago Alves (126)
Benjamin Becker (135)
Sebastian Decoud (153)
Ricardo Hocevar (191)
Sergio Roitman (N/A)

Possibly João Souza and Giovanni Lapentti, depending on their ranking in the Bogota Challenger. Would have to trace the entry list for that.

Lost (12):

Potito Starace (N/A)
Philipp Petzschner (48)
Marcos Daniel (97)
Vincent Spadea (111)
Maximo Gonzalez (126)
Rubén Ramirez-Hidalgo (126)
Jiri Vanek (155)
Edouard Roger-Vasselin (164)
Edouard Roger-Vasselin (172)
Daniel Muñoz-De la Nava (182)
Marsel Ilhan (187)
Ricardo Mello (195)

In other words, Horacio got into the Top 100 this year by playing against Top 100 players only four times (Massu, Starace, Petzschner, Daniel) and only won once. In general, his balance against Top 200 players is clearly in the negative.

From this, there is nothing to suggest that he will still be in the Top 100 at this time next year. But we will see how he fares when he confronts higher-ranked players on a consistent basis.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #252
country flag Caio_Brasil

Huge win for Horacio to start US Open qualies, 6-1 in the third againt Malisse.

He didn't have good runs at the other GS qualies, hopefully this can be his time. Very well start.

Vamosssss Horacito carajo.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #253
country flag roberthenman

roberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond repute

great Victory Zeballos

Adrian Garcia Julio Peralta Thomaz Bellucci Leo Mayer

Forever Marcelo Rios - Pete Sampras - Tim Henman
roberthenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 AM   #254
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

he's not celebrating, just a weird follow through on a forehand that caught him wrong-footed

the women behind me had a long discussion about whether he's an orthodox jew (cuz of his payos)

Last edited by Snoo Foo : 08-28-2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: fixed links AGAIN, I hope...
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #255
country flag Caio_Brasil

Daisy no special thread this year?

Horacio defeated Bubka Jr. in straights and is one match away from the MD