how is seb's English? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
noa

noa is on a distinguished road
Default how is seb's English?

I'm wondering how good is his English?
I think not so good, right?
Sometimes it's funny to hear him because he's doing big mistakes or he's speaking in a french way, I mean he speaks a kind of "french english" (you see what I mean?). As a French, I can understand but sometimes I'm wondering if a stranger understands! so funny!
He's not so comfortable with the medias and I in English I think it's worse for him!
But I also think he's improved a lot. He's living in Florida, it probably helps him even if he's there only few times during the year.
I've heard his daughter speaks English better than him!

PS : how are you doing to put a picture on the left?
noa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
country flag crystal

crystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how is seb's English?

really you've heard her daughter ???
When ?
Yeah I agree with you noa when you say that he speaks english with a french accent. That's funny !
crystal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #3
country flag crystal

crystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to put a picture too but I don't know why !!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
ubrunjensen

ubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond repute

I think his English is just great...
But I know I'm not able to judge his English in a purely objective way! Sure, he makes a lot of easy mistakes, and his accent is very French, but that's exactly why I so adore his English! The way he says 'serve' and 'second set' and 'good conditions'...
I have never heard Lola speak, but I'm sure she must be a lot better at speaking English than her dad. She's a little girl and she lives in Florida, it must be a piece of cake for her to pick up the language! It's always easier to learn a foreign language if you're a child.
As for the pictures on the left - you mean the avatars, right, under your name? You go to the register and tick yes to edit your profile. Then you choose 'avatar' and in here you can either pick one of the custom made avatars, or you can upload your very own personal one from your computer. It also took me a long time to discover how to do it!
I hope you can understand my guidelines.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:37 PM   #5
country flag wilma

wilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond repute

The way he says 'baseLINE' is also very charming!
wilma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
noa

noa is on a distinguished road

no I've never heard lola speaking, I didn't mean that sorry (I'm also doing mistakes, lol!).
Actually I saw it in an interview.
noa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #7
country flag crystal

yes I've already read it in an interview (je pense que c'était la même noa ! sur le site officiel de seb)
Seb said that his girl spoke in english better than him and that sometimes she mixed english and french, that was very funny to listen.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:49 PM   #8
country flag crystal

thanks ulla for your guidelines !!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #9
taremi

taremi is on a distinguished road

Séb's English is very good farther than mine! As you know, My English is ALWAYS funny!!

I'm so glad to my path crossed with yours.
taremi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 PM   #10
country flag KellyluvsGrosjean

KellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, I like Seb's English........ that's so FRENCH!!!! He has very strong French accent (e.g. "be-bo" instead of "people")

But as a HK person, who's not a English native speaker, I can understand all the things he talked, coz he talks slow (maybe becoz I get use to speak english with people from different countries, and I get use to listen some wrong english!!! AND I SPEAK WORNG ENG. AS WELL!!! ) . But he doesn't say a lot when he was speaking in English, like, in all the interviews, he was always, "Yeah... No... yes yes yes..." or "Yeah... I like it... nice..." (classic sebbie expression ^_^|||) Maybe he's a shy person who doesn't express that much.

Or, non-native speakers sometimes may afraid to speak that much (esp in front of the native speakers ie the reporters) coz they are afraid of making mistakez (one of them is me)!!!

Anywayz I like to listen Seb speaking in English, that's totally different with the Seb seaking in French!!!

C'mon GROSJEAN
Allez! Move on!
KellyluvsGrosjean is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
ubrunjensen

ubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond reputeubrunjensen has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely like both Grosjeans, the French and the English versions! Getting all *dreamy* when remembering his pronounciation...
Old 02-20-2004, 05:04 PM   #12
country flag wilma

wilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond reputewilma has a reputation beyond repute

'Pretty' is also a favourite Seb word "I played pretty well today" "was pretty good"
wilma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:00 PM   #13
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

i reckon his english is pretty good
although he tends to mumble and speak really softly and moves his head a LOT when hes talking LOL but yeah. he pronounces R's like W's like gwass and pwetty lol so cute
Old 02-21-2004, 09:49 AM   #14
country flag zyim333

zyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond reputezyim333 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma
'Pretty' is also a favourite Seb word "I played pretty well today" "was pretty good"
yes ,i agree with u ,wilma.
and the commonest word used by other players when seb is mentioned is "a gooooooood figure"
lol.....
zyim333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #15
ubrunjensen

I've noticed he says 'you know' a lot - and yes, he mumbles, but that's okay. I like his soft voice. Hello again, Stella! Welcome back. What do you mean, 'gooood figure' - do the other players pay attention to his good looks and fit body??? I know I would if I met him again and again on the tour, but hey, I'm a girl - he he he!!! No, joking aside, I guess you just mean they rate him as a good player...