Which book do you currently read? - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #196
country flag oz_boz

oz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond reputeoz_boz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which book do you currently read?

The curious incident with the dog at night time, by Mark Haddon.

Just finished Never let me go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It was fantastic.

I don't like hypocrites, but even worse are the ones who think it's OK to be an asshole as long as you are not hypocritical.
oz_boz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 03:01 AM   #197
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Have 28 pages to go to finish The Things They Carried. Should finish tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #198
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

"La ciudad y los perros" ("the city and the dogs", could be?) by Mario Vargas Llosa

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #199
country flag KC13

KC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond reputeKC13 has a reputation beyond repute

The hunt club--John Lescroart
KC13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #200
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
Have 28 pages to go to finish The Things They Carried. Should finish tomorrow.
...Your reaction to that one, please? {I re-read Going After Cacciato.}

Personally, I'm reading Skywriting by word of mouth, by John Lennon; AIDS in America, by Susan Hunter; and Here comes the sun: the spiritual and musical journey of George Harrison, by Joshua Greene.

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #201
country flag Bremen

Bremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond reputeBremen has a reputation beyond repute

Currently I'm reading The Year's Best Science Fiction - Edited by Gardner Dozois 2006 edition. This is a great annual collection...I've been reading it every year for a while now.
Bremen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #202
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_from_Cal View Post
...Your reaction to that one, please? {I re-read Going After Cacciato.}

Personally, I'm reading Skywriting by word of mouth, by John Lennon; AIDS in America, by Susan Hunter; and Here comes the sun: the spiritual and musical journey of George Harrison, by Joshua Greene.
I answered your pm.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #203
country flag Jlee

Jlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will teach The Odyssey in March to my freshmen. Good choice!
I'm glad to hear that.

It was out at the library so I read Lord of the Flies this time instead. Hopefully it will be in when I go tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #204
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlee View Post
I'm glad to hear that.

It was out at the library so I read Lord of the Flies this time instead. Hopefully it will be in when I go tomorrow.
Lord of the Flies was part of the freshmen's summer reading (along with To Kill A Mockingbird), and they just finished reading and discussing both books-and are having a test on them maybe tomorrow if they have school. I said I was going to re-read Lord of the Flies, but I haven't had the time. I've been planning units and lessons.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #205
country flag Jlee

Jlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond reputeJlee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lord of the Flies was part of the freshmen's summer reading (along with To Kill A Mockingbird), and they just finished reading and discussing both books-and are having a test on them maybe tomorrow if they have school. I said I was going to re-read Lord of the Flies, but I haven't had the time. I've been planning units and lessons.
That's cool. I've read To Kill A Mockingbird as well. I flew right through Lord of the Flies, so it might not take you that look to get through again. (Of course, that was right after I FINALLY finished Don Quixote, so that might explain it. ) It was an interesting, kind of a disturbing look at human nature!

Dang it, The Odyssey was out again! I got All the King's Men instead. I saw, but didn't completely understand, most of the movie. The book is much better so far.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:04 AM   #206
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Nimitz Class by Patrick Robinson

An interesting, if not predictable, light military novel about the concept of a rogue nation "renting" a Russian sub....to blow up an American aircraft carrier. Yeah....riiiiight.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #207
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlee View Post
That's cool. I've read To Kill A Mockingbird as well. I flew right through Lord of the Flies, so it might not take you that look to get through again. (Of course, that was right after I FINALLY finished Don Quixote, so that might explain it. ) It was an interesting, kind of a disturbing look at human nature!

Dang it, The Odyssey was out again! I got All the King's Men instead. I saw, but didn't completely understand, most of the movie. The book is much better so far.
Because I knew I'd be teaching it, I bought The Odyssey...along with Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, and Romeo and Juliet.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #208
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond repute

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova....vampires and Vlad the Impaler. It's pretty good so far

Tomas
Ashie_87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #209
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling - Rex B. Kline

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #210
country flag Jlee

Quote:
Because I knew I'd be teaching it, I bought The Odyssey...along with Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, and Romeo and Juliet.
Great. I've heard that Animal Farm is good, but never got around to reading it.

Romeo and Juliet...freshman English class is coming back to me.