Where is Arlanda airport? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Where is Arlanda airport?

A wonderful wise question But maybe some Swedes will read it And how do I get from there to the city center or to the tennis hall (or is the hall in the center )? Is it far? Are taxis or buses expensive?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is Arlanda airport?

Please don't get a taxi. It's very expensive.

It's in between Stockholm and Uppsala in the north of Stockholm and buses run into Stockholm centre. There is an express train called the Arlanda Express and that's 380 kronor return.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #3
country flag virex

virex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond reputevirex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Please don't get a taxi. It's very expensive.

It's in between Stockholm and Uppsala in the north of Stockholm and buses run into Stockholm centre. There is an express train called the Arlanda Express and that's 380 kronor return.
and there´s also a bus if you dont want to spend so much
both services are great

you´re gonna love it
virex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The airport bus takes 40 mins.

http://www.tagplus.se/default.asp?la...=2&showprice=1

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #5
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

380... I wonder how much it is in Euro... You know that I'm not in world's most convenient situation at this moment with this whole Stockholm... but decided to go anyway. I wonder how much I should take with me for the accomodation.

I'd go hitchhiking but it's not safe for a young girl alone.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by virex View Post
and there´s also a bus if you dont want to spend so much
both services are great

you´re gonna love it
I have been to Sweden many times, but I used the train to get to Stockholm, this is for Nathaliia and not me.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #7
country flag Nathaliia

Okay, I checked Swedish currency... 380 = should be around 140 PLN... robbery I pay it for 2 weeks of living in my dormitory with electricity and water...

Old 10-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somalian Refugee View Post
Okay, I checked Swedish currency... 380 = should be around 140 PLN... robbery I pay it for 2 weeks of living in my dormitory with electricity and water...
As I said take the bus. As for accomodation, how much are you willing to spend?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #9
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
As I said take the bus. As for accomodation, how much are you willing to spend?
Hmm, I haven't thought of costs of accomodation, most eagerly I'd just leave the bag at somebody's friendly and go out at nights to not disturb (a little bag shouldn't disturb though). But since I don't have friends in Stockholm I'll have to find something anyway.

I estimate I can take 300 Euro (however it is counted in KRN) ... I wouldn't want to spend all that much but I guess I'll have to.

Thanks for all the help

Old 10-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Hmm, I haven't thought of costs of accomodation, most eagerly I'd just leave the bag at somebody's friendly and go out at nights to not disturb (a little bag shouldn't disturb though). But since I don't have friends in Stockholm I'll have to find something anyway.

I estimate I can take 300 Euro (however it is counted in KRN) ... I wouldn't want to spend all that much but I guess I'll have to.

Thanks for all the help
How long are you staying for and when are you leaving? You don't have much stuff then that is good.

Once you have told me that, then I will tell you how to get to the venue.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
How long are you staying for and when are you leaving? You don't have much stuff then that is good.

Once you have told me that, then I will tell you how to get to the venue.
So I'm coming Tuesday night (7.30 p.m.) and the departure is Saturday 3.40 p.m.

I'll have just one average bag, needless to take all the clothes, shoes etc....

Old 10-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
So I'm coming Tuesday night (7.30 p.m.) and the departure is Saturday 3.40 p.m.

I'll have just one average bag, needless to take all the clothes, shoes etc....
Alright, so you have 3 nights and take the bus from Arlanda to Stockholm. It shouldn't be too hard to find something, but I will find some links for you. When I was stayed there I stayed with friends or at a backpackers place.

This is in the old town in Stockholm and it costs 50 Euro a night.

http://www.abbes.se/

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 10-07-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #13
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

www.citybackpackers.se

If you don't want to spend too much and are not picky on accommodation.

Stayed in a youth hostel myself in Luxembourg, a room with six beds. Was a very good, clean, new hostel and paid only €19 a night. Breakfast was crap, but you got your own shower. Stayed there three nights and the third night I only shared the room with my friend. The first night, however, I arrived at like 23:00 on a Friday night and everyone was already sleeping And one man was snoring so loudly Had never witnessed someone snore like that before. See, hostels are good for unique experiences

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #14
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

This one is from the same group and right near the station as well.

http://www.svif.se/content?page=1663

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Alright, so you have 3 nights and take the bus from Arlanda to Stockholm. It shouldn't be too hard to find something, but I will find some links for you. When I was stayed there I stayed with friends or at a backpackers place.

This is in the old town in Stockholm and it costs 50 Euro a night.

http://www.abbes.se/
Hahaha I can book a room for 6 people... and only for 3 nights But it's really cheap.