Centrebet- closed all US accounts...why? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #46
bad gambler

Default Re: Centrebet- closed all US accounts...why?

Internet Gambling Bill to be Protested in D.C. on Monday

October 8, 2006 - The press will be in Washington D.C. on Monday because it is Columbus Day and while they are filming the day's festivities they will be greeted by protestors to the Internet Gambling Prohibition Bill.

The bill is expected to be signed on Friday the 13th but protestors are requesting that the president reconsider. According to organizer Debbie Richardson, "many things can happen as a result of the protest."

The Port Security Bill is considered to be a highly important piece of legislation that will most definitely be signed by President Bush, Richardson explained to us. She went on to say that Bush is allowed to strip away add on bills to bills he is signing so that they can be sent back to Congress to be debated and voted on as individual bills.

Richardson, who will be in Washington D.C on Sunday in order to set up for Monday's protest, believes it is highly important to voice opinions in Washington before Friday the 13th in order that the president has time to consider the strong opposition to the bill. Richardson also believes it is important to be there on Monday because that is when the press will be there.

"If we don't fight for our rights and our freedom we lose," says Richardson. "We are urging all supporters of freedom to go to Washington to protest the bill that would stop online gaming. Everyone that can possibly go needs to show up and fight for freedom."

Demonstrators will meet in front of the Washington Monument on Monday, October 9th at 9am est. A large turn out is expected.

If you are planning to attend the protest and are unable to make it to the Washington Monument on time, you can meet the protestors in front of the White House on Pennsylvania Ave, Richardson told us.

If you would like more info or need to call to find out where to meet, contact Debbie Richardson by phone: 910-619-0563 or by email: drichardson @ bizec.rr.com.

"Tell your roomies to demonstrate, tell your friends to demonstrate, tell your family to demonstrate. In fact, tell as many people as you can to demonstrate," Richardson says, "if enough people show up to fight for our rights we can make a difference.

"If we let them take this right away from us," she says, "what will be next?"

View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #47
country flag callitasicit

callitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond reputecallitasicit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
You can drink yourself into a hole, smoke cigarettes until your lungs turn black, eat 100 cheesburgers a day until your heart explodes, but god forbid if you want to throw a few bucks down on your favourite sporting event. I am so sick of this shit! I guess the US government knows what is best for everyone. Rant over.
How bloody true eh? Well be thankful you live in Canada!
callitasicit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:06 AM   #48
country flag Nitefaery

Nitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Centrebet- closed all US accounts...why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyschucky View Post
Dear customer,

The new law that has passed is unenforceable. Banks have no possible way of knowing or tracking what transactions are for gaming purposes. The law was tossed together at the last minute by the US Congress. I equate this law to the US government telling you that you are no longer allowed use your favorite sexual position in the comfort of your own home. They have no way of enforcing that either. It will be many years (if ever) that anyone will even notice this law is on the books in the US.

Sincerely,
Tony
5Dimes Operations Manager
DAMN FUCKIN STRAIGHT 5DIMES! That is my book and that's what I love to hear. This won't impact my withdrawls untill a company I do business with tells me it should. Quite frankly, I'm gonna go ahead and be an idiot rather than let these laws scare me. I'm sick of sports gambling getting such a bad look.
Nitefaery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:57 AM   #49
country flag happy928

happy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Wow.....

Thanks for that corey - I mean how much of Netellers business in with gambling sites? I would imagine it is a fair chunk.
NETELLER Will Stop Doing Business with Americans
Company Announces Position Change Today

At least poker players have a couple hundred days or so to do business with NETELLER.

The company, which last week let poker players knows that it will continue to do business with Americans despite the pending law changes, has flip-flopped.

In a statement released today, NETELLER said it will honor transactions until the Department of the Treasury figures out how to enforce the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement (UIGE) Act. It has until July 10, 2007, to figure out how it will work with banks to stop transactions from financial institutions that work with Americans from transferring money to gambling sites.

Last week, NETELLER’s executive vice president Bruce Elliot told a gaming conference in Spain that the company would continue working with Americans.

“I don’t think we have a very big problem,” he said.

But today, NETELLER released a statement letting everyone know that it will comply with the UIGE Act when it goes into effect. The statement reads in part:

“NETELLER, a company registered outside the US, will comply with the Act and its related regulations as if it were subject to the Act's jurisdiction. This action is intended to ensure that the Company is able to continue to operate with the support of its principal commercial partners and to protect its shareholders, business partners, employees and reputation.

Various provisions of the Act, including the obligations of financial transaction providers such as NETELLER, remain unclear. The uncertainty should be largely resolved when the Secretary of the Treasury and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System issue the regulations they are required to prescribe within 270 days.”

President George W. Bush signed the UIGE Act into law Friday, Oct. 13, when he put his pen to an Act designed to boost security at the nation’s ports. The UIGE Act was attached to the act for port safety with the help of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist in the last session before the Senate broke for a long election-year recess. To read a CardPlayer.com article about it, click here.

Click here to visit our complete legislative archives.

NETELLER is a publicly traded company and the Monday after the Senate passed the Port Safety Act, its shares fell from 355 pence to 140 pence. It’s currently trading at 144 pence.

FirePay, NETELLER’s rival in the world of third-party banking companies, made it clear to US customers that it planned to stop doing business with them immediately after the President signed the Act into law. FirePay made this announcement soon after the Senate passed the UIGE Act.

Although the Treasury Department has 270 days, that doesn’t mean it has to use all that time. Regulations can and probably will be in place before the deadline.

NETELLER claims it moved around $7.3 billion in 2005. The company was founded in 1999 and is located in the Isle of Mann with offices in Calgary, London, Hong Kong and San Jose, Costa Rica.

to answer BG's Inquiry about how much NETELLER will be losing/doing business with USA Resdients for last few years....
Old 10-20-2006, 04:59 AM   #50
country flag happy928

happy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond reputehappy928 has a reputation beyond repute

They tried to regulate "WAR ON DRUGS"....that workedout GREAT, didn't it?

Don't worry ladies....Those books will open business for us US FOOLS soon enough
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #51
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuBhai View Post
all this because of these fuckers................one is from iowa and the other from arizona...both republicans proposed the bill//// one of the few interesting things that could be done in US has been closed....fucking ass wipes..........

Typical Arizonan

probably lost a few hundred k on the useless Cards over the years
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 AM   #52
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
Hey...my parents have a house and bank account in Croatia (Bank of Zagreb) i can use that to bet right? i can use that address to register and that account...it doesnt matter when i do it from.... watch me get arrested on monday
:retard:

can't you read or something?

while physically present in the US, you are not allowed to gamble online.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #53
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyschucky View Post
Good Gambler - There are no US books. It's illegal here in the US. All books are based outside the United States. A large portion are based in the Carribean isles. Aussies are not affected by any of this. The only one's that have been affected have been Americans.
well that's not entirely true.

Centrebet makes a lot of money off stupid rich boys like Seinfeld/Costanza/:retard:

and so without all that extra money to give away, they will have to tighten the screws.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #54
Banned!

All Americans need is an offshore bank account, and they are good to go.

Using a ***** server IP address may also help prevent being traced back to the US.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #55
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
well that's not entirely true.

Centrebet makes a lot of money off stupid rich boys like Seinfeld/Costanza/:retard:

and so without all that extra money to give away, they will have to tighten the screws.
im in the + not a lot but i am but i rarely bet. maybe 5-10 times a month.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 AM   #56
bad gambler

Quote:

Using a ***** server IP address may also help prevent being traced back to the US.
True, you can easily use a ***** server IP but then you have to appreciate many are not willing to take that risk

Different people with different risk profiles
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 AM   #57
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler View Post
Also can Americans walk into a TAB (example) and still bet?
Yes.

When Americans come to Australia they can walk into a TAB and bet.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #58
country flag RickDaStick

RickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond reputeRickDaStick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
:retard:

can't you read or something?

while physically present in the US, you are not allowed to gamble online.
Quote:

Make up your mind retard
RickDaStick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #59
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Jim the Jackass got OWNED please report to ivanljubicic from now on OWNED
Old 10-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #60
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic View Post
Make up your mind retard
What don't you understand Mr Ljubicic monkeybrain?

I shall summarise what my post said:

-it is illegal to bet while physically present in the US - but it can still be done illegally

-by transferring money to an offshore bank account, then from that bank account to a bookmaker, the US government cannot legally do anything about this.

-some bookmakers may choose to ban any users with an American based IP address who try to place a bet online, so by using a pro-xy server, the bookmakers' server will think you are located elsewhere, and will hence allow you to bet.