Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #556
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread

4. KNOWLES, Mark (BAH)/SANTORO, Fabrice (FRA) bye
KERR, Jordan (AUS)/SA, Andre (BRA) vs MURRAY, Andy (GBR)/MURRAY, Jamie (GBR)
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri (FRA)/NIEMINEN, Jarkko (FIN) vs (WC) GICQUEL, Marc (FRA)/SIMON, Gilles (FRA)
6. ASPELIN, Simon (SWE)/KNOWLE, Julian (AUT) bye
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #557
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond repute

From the times online:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2767725.ece

Quote:
Jamie Murray’s search for the doubles partner to take his career to the next level is not only critical for him, it has also become a vitally important exercise for John Lloyd, the Great Britain Davis Cup captain. Here this week, the brothers Murray combine to get a kick out of applying flesh and blood to the competition, but another event, in far more frenzied surroundings, is Lloyd’s raison d’être.

It is not as if the captain’s every waking moment is consumed with thoughts of Argentina, but it is getting that way. A first-round World Group tie in Buenos Aires in February is going to be the sternest test faced by a Britain team in which, as of today, only the Murrays are assured of a place. Hence Lloyd’s arrival here and his long chat with Jamie yesterday, testing the waters of the Scot’s mood and prospects.

Jamie is as eager to play as his sibling, having arrived for the BNP Paribas Masters on Friday, finding the place so free of hitting partners that he practised with his mother, Judy. The brotherly combination here is a stop-gap arrangement as Jamie continues to see who he can tempt to join him for the 2008 campaign and beyond.

Leander Paes, of India, had been his first choice, but that arrangement was scuppered and he then approached Kevin Ullyett, of Zimbabwe, who has agreed to join him until Jonas Björkman, the veteran Swede, returns to the tour for a final year after the birth of his second child, which is due in January.
Related Links

For Jamie, it is disconcerting; for Lloyd, the need for his senior doubles player to have as much quality play as possible in January is overriding. There is an increasing prospect of the captain plumping for a noted doubles player in his four-man squad for the tie against Argentina, given that Andy Murray could not be expected to play three consecutive days on the clay and in the rancorous atmosphere guaranteed in Buenos Aires.

As for the wisdom of playing doubles here in such a potentially momentous week, Andy said yesterday: “I told Jamie last week I’d play and with the new rules [there are no advantage points and no deciding third set on the ATP Tour], it will be good for me because I’ll get a feel for the court and what it’s like, which will help me going into my singles.”

Andy will play the winner of this morning’s match between Jarkko Nieminen, the Finn who reached the final in Basle last week, and Juan Monaco, of Argentina, as the pulsating race for a place in the Masters Cup goes to the wire. The focus here has been on singles places in Shanghai, but it is just as tight in the doubles, where Björkman and Max Mirnyi have to win their match tomorrow to guarantee qualification. Their opponents are likely to be Rafael Nadal and Feliciano López, the Spaniards.
Poor Jamie... I don't doubt his decision to split with Booty was the right one as they seemed to be struggling from Clay court season onwards.
BUT after Paes made all those overtures about sensing potential in Jamie even before his winning streak with Eric, and them dropping him for Damm... I think Jamie has been left flapping in the wind a little.

Luckily he's young and has managed to persuade some top names to play with him... but this is not ideal as we come to the end of his season
RFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:55 PM   #558
country flag Duncan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Duncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan has a reputation beyond repute

should get back with Booty!
Duncan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:46 AM   #559

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article. Really interesting. At the time, we were excited about Jamie trying new partners, but now we want Eric back. Its strange because I do want Jamie to progress further and I feel like Eric maybe wasn't the right person, but now, I wonder if Eric was. Maybe 2008 will bring something new for Jamie. Let's hope so
Old 10-31-2007, 02:47 AM   #560

J Kerr (AUS) / A Sa (BRA) d A Murray (GBR) / J Murray (GBR) 61 26 11-9 (Match TB) - Saved 1 M.P.

Quote:
Jamie Murray: "I feel a bit hard done by it. Obviously we didn't really play particularly great in the first set. We started to get it together. We get to match point, the guy hits a net cord over my racquet, you know. That was just unlucky. That's the way it goes sometimes. It's frustrating."
Old 10-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #561
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Jamie has a great 2008!
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #562
country flag missalyce

missalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond reputemissalyce has a reputation beyond repute

did someone took pics of the murray's brother in paris ???
missalyce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #563
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond repute

From Tennis.com:
http://tennis.com/features/general/f...aspx?id=107646
Quote:
Quite a Ride: Murray brothers take stock of season
By Troy Venechanos

The doubles campaign of Andy and Jamie Murray came to a quick end today after losing their first round doubles against Jordan Kerr (AUS) and Andre Sa (BRA) 6-1, 2-6, 11-9 at the BNP Paribas Masters Paris.

The Scottish brothers squandered two match points and lost the match on Andy’s double fault.

The match marks a fork in the road for the Murray clan. Andy is continuing the resurgence in singles which has left him in the running for a spot in the Masters Cup at Shaghai. Hot off his surprise title run in St. Petersburg, he will face Jarkko Nieminen (a finalist in Basel) in the second round at Paris.

For Jamie, a successful doubles season is now at an end. He was unclear about his plans for the year ahead and said he was just looking forward to a couple of months off.

In those circumstances, it might have been surprising to see Jamie more upbeat than Andy, but the younger brother quickly revealed that he had reason to be thoughtful. After being asked about his preparation and arrival in Paris, Andysaid, “I practiced this morning. But I got in late last night. I had two flights, and then our car crashed on the way to the hotel.

While Andy tries to finish an up-and-down season on a high note, Jamie is stepping back to reflect on a breakthrough doubles season that included multiple tour titles with Eric Butorac and a Wimbledon mixed doubles title with Jelena Jankovic.

“Obviously, won three titles with Booty which was pretty amazing. Obviously split up with him. Won mixed doubles at Wimbledon, which again, I never thought would happen. Then to play two Davis Cup matches, [one] be the last of Greg [Rusedski]’s career, then the last of Tim [Henman]’s career obviously is something you could never plan for.”

With those two British vertans now retired, the brothers will now step forward as the lynchpins of Britain’s Davis Cup team. But who will join them?

“I don’t really care who is on the team, to be honest, as long as they’re playing well and deserve to be there,” said Jamie, who has been trying out different doubles partners on tour and will be playing with Kevin Ulyett at the Australian Open.
And again - interestingly - whilst Louis Cayer is sat with Judy again watching Andy against Santoro now... still no Jamie to be seen...
Old 11-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #564
country flag RFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweet4Richard* View Post
Thanks for the article. Really interesting. At the time, we were excited about Jamie trying new partners, but now we want Eric back. Its strange because I do want Jamie to progress further and I feel like Eric maybe wasn't the right person, but now, I wonder if Eric was. Maybe 2008 will bring something new for Jamie. Let's hope so
Well - he's with Kevin Ullyett up to and including the AO, so that's good.
Someone from am.com is out in Paris at the moment and saw Judy watching Booty's match.
He's also had some success with Jordan Kerr too - who presumably teamed up with Sa (had been playing with Booty) to get Jordan into the tourney.
I assume that's why Booty was with Cermak and Andy asked Jamie if they could play and Andy's ranking will have helped.

Louis Cayer has been watching a lot of Andy's matches - maybe scouting as well while he's out there...

I think that he could do worse than team up more regularly with Jordan (who will be close to Booty, and both above Jamie in the rankings after this week).
Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 AM   #565
country flag Cat123

Cat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Jamie's sending a certain someone a lot of suitably lovely consolation text messages. I'm upset!!!

jankotipsarevic. maratsafin. marcosbaghdatis. marioancic.
Cat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #566
country flag RFS

From am.com:
http://andymurray.com/about/news/09-...ndy-and-jamie/

A chance to ensure that Jamie gets a bit of glory - but sadly (although not really unexpectedly) Jamie and JJ are not up for team of the year...
http://www.lta.org.uk/Newsroom/TheLt...7PlayerAwards/
Old 11-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #567
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweet4Richard* View Post
Jamie and Eric wound up at 13 together in the Masters Race after only playing together two years. There is no where to go but up from there and dropping Eric was a bad idea. There's a saying,'Dance with the one that brought you.' Why split from someone with whom you won three ATP titles together? Paes is very nearly at the end of his career, so he wouldn't be a good match for Jamie. He's too old. Unless Jamie is trying to gamble and win a Grand Slam doubles title ASAP.

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #568
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't happy with the split with Booty at all

On the bright side.. he managed to snag another good player as his 2008 partner - Max Mirnyi

http://andymurray.com/about/news/27-...partner-jamie/

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #569
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, hope they do well as a team. I don't know too much about Max, but I'm happy Jamie found a good partner. Thanks for posting, Zahirah.
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #570
country flag Cat123

Cat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy! I've done a lot of and since I read the news!!

jankotipsarevic. maratsafin. marcosbaghdatis. marioancic.
Cat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote