Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread - Page 36 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #526
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jamie 'Stretch' Murray thread

Courtesy of Jitterbug (am.com AND MTF regular)... Jamie will be partnering Mark Knowles for the Madrid Masters - which should also get him a worthwhile seeding too.

http://www.markknowlestennis.com/Home.html
RFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #527
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Mark's webmaster Matt is an MTF poster and AM.com regular too.. His username's Fitz kudos to him for breaking the news.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #528
country flag *Sweet4Richard*

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news. Let's hope this could be the start of something great
*Sweet4Richard* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #529
country flag jitterbug

jitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond reputejitterbug has a reputation beyond repute

Matt said that they both prefer the same side of the court though. So at this moment it's unlikely to be a long-term arrangement.. we'll see what happens after Madrid.

Mark was supposed to play with Bhupathi but the latter is undergoing back surgery in Melbourne right now.

The importance of being Ernests Riga Mortis

Ernests Gulbis on seeing HEAD racquets being made by hand:
Quote:
I felt so bad. I didn’t break a racquet for like one month. They are putting so much effort to make the racquets and an idiot like me goes and breaks them
jitterbug is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #530
country flag wolf

wolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond reputewolf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitterbug View Post
Matt said that they both prefer the same side of the court though. So at this moment it's unlikely to be a long-term arrangement.. we'll see what happens after Madrid.

Mark was supposed to play with Bhupathi but the latter is undergoing back surgery in Melbourne right now.
So who is Nestor shoving Jamie over to the deuce side or visa versa?
wolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #531
country flag Fitz

Fitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they are playing together in Madrid.

And excuse me for the confusion, but for some reason, I thought Jamie and Mark prefer the deuce side but that is not true. When I saw Jamie play with Bhupathi in Cincy, I could have sworn he was playing on the deuce side but I can't remember. I don't think it will be an issue so sorry jitterbug for misinforming you. :retard:
Old 10-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #532
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
Yes, they are playing together in Madrid.

And excuse me for the confusion, but for some reason, I thought Jamie and Mark prefer the deuce side but that is not true. When I saw Jamie play with Bhupathi in Cincy, I could have sworn he was playing on the deuce side but I can't remember. I don't think it will be an issue so sorry jitterbug for misinforming you. :retard:
Thanks for the original information Fitz!

Jamie actually prefers to play on the Ad-side of the court. This obviously has something to do with the fact that he is left handed.. however I think that he prefers to jump to the left and take his returns etc with his, stronger, backhand [as most serves in dubs are down the line or central-ish, making it easier for him to do so... correct me if Im wrong though..! ].
Im guessing that Bhupathi, as the more experienced partner, go his own way...

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #533
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond reputeRFS has a reputation beyond repute

So let me get this right then!
There is no problemo with court-sides now?

That is possibly even more good news!

Edit: Fitz - sorry - I attributed the news to jitterbug and not to your good self! Forgiven?

Last edited by RFS : 10-06-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #534
country flag Fitz

Fitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFS View Post
So let me get this right then!
There is no problemo with court-sides now?

That is possibly even more good news!

Edit: Fitz - sorry - I attributed the news to jitterbug and not to your good self! Forgiven?
No worries. Zara is on here a lot more than I am so don't worry about it.

And nope, there aren't problems with preferred sides now. I also forgot that Jamie played on the ad side with Booty which is what I should have based my thinking on, lol. Madrid shall be an interesting tournament!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #535

*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute*Sweet4Richard* has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie is playing this week in Vienna with Jordan Kerr

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...07/337/mdd.pdf
Old 10-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #536
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to him there!
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #537
country flag RFS

Jamie and Jordan are in fact on the OOP for today:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...007/337/op.pdf
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #538

[4] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL) d J Kerr (AUS) / J Murray (GBR) 64 61

Old 10-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #539
country flag RFS

yeah - that was a bit of a pounding...
They had a real good start too...

Fingers crossed he has a good run with Knowles
Old 10-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #540

Double Draw

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...7/1536/mdd.pdf

1. BRYAN, Bob (USA)/BRYAN, Mike (USA) bye
KARLOVIC, I (CRO)/VERDASCO, F (ESP) vs LINDSTEDT, R (SWE)/NIEMINEN, J (FIN)
CERMAK, F (CZE)/CLEMENT, Arnaud (FRA) vs BERDYCH, T(CZE)/KIEFER, N (GER)
6. A. PAVEL/P. VIZNER [6] bye

3. P. HANLEY/K. ULLYETT bye
CANAS, G (ARG)/NALBANDIAN, D (ARG) vs KUERTEN, G (BRA)/MOYA, C (ESP)
ALMAGRO, N (ESP)/FERRER, D (ESP) vs ERLICH, J (ISR)/RAM, A (ISR)
5. S. ASPELIN/J. KNOWLE [5] bye

7. M. DAMM/L. PAES bye
KERR, J (AUS)/PERRY, T (AUS) vs ALLEGRO, Y (SUI)/SANTORO, F (FRA)
LOPEZ, F (ESP)/NADAL, R (ESP) vs GONZALEZ, F (CHI)/SA, A (BRA)
4. J. BJORKMAN/M. MIRNYI bye

8. M. KNOWLES/J. MURRAY bye
BLAKE, J (USA)/BUTORAC, E (USA) vs FYRSTENBERG, M (POL)/MATKOWSKI, M (POL)
CHELA, J I (ARG)/MONACO, J (ARG) vs COETZEE, J (RSA)/WASSEN, R (NED)
2. NESTOR, Daniel (CAN)/ZIMONJIC, Nenad (SRB) bye

Possible 2nd round match against his old partner Eric.