~*~Vamos Rafa At Madrid Masters!!~*~ - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #1
country flag veyonce

veyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond repute
Default ~*~Vamos Rafa At Madrid Masters!!~*~

Credits to nou.amic of vb.com for the translation!!

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/t...lo/694708.html

FINAL ENTRY LIST TO BE MADE KNOWN 13 OCTOBER

Nadal presents Madrid Masters - Not yet known if Federer will play

Rafael Nadal returns to Madrid 16 - 22 October to defend his Masters Series title. This will be the fifth year the tournament has been held in the Madrid Arena. It will not be known until the ATP publishes the final entry list on 13 October whether Roger Federer, who has not played in Madrid since he was defeated by Ferrero three years ago, will be taking part.

Theoretically, the Mutua Madrileña Masters Madrid ($2.2M) will bring together the top 48 players on the ATP tour, among them the world number 1 and number 2, Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal, as well as Spaniards Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moyá and Nicolás Almagro, the US's Andy Roddick and last year's runner up Ivan Ljubicic of Croatia.

What is already known is that tickets for the weekend are sold out and that the first special invitation (wildcard) has been given to Spain's Carlos Moyá, No.43 in the world. "He has been world number one and the organization will never forget what happened the first year, when Jiri Novak was injured and could not play the final against Agassi, and Carlos agreed to play an exhibition match against Clavet. He is a very great player and it is a great honour to have him among us," said Manolo Santana, tournament director.

Santana also recalled the emotion he felt watching Nadal fight for the title in this year's Wimbledon final. "Rafa has given us some unforgettable moments, winning Roland Garros twice and playing in what we all think is the greatest final, Wimbledon. 40 years ago I had the good luck or the skill to win it and I know that sooner or later," here he turned to speak directly to the world number two, "you will end up winning it too."

Djokovic after his Madrid 2009 Semi with Rafa: “Next time I’ll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It’s frustrating that when you play so well you can’t win.”

Last edited by veyonce : 10-03-2006 at 02:22 AM.
veyonce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~Vamos Rafa At Madrid Masters!!~*~

thanks veyonce

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
country flag mallorn

mallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond repute

From FOX Sports:
Quote:
Federer confirmed to play in Madrid Masters

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Roger Federer will play at the Madrid Masters for the first time in three years.

The top-ranked Swiss star tore a ligament in his right foot last year, and missed the 2004 tournament due to fatigue and personal reasons.

"Roger will arrive in Madrid (next Friday)," tournament organizer Manolo Santana said Thursday. "We are very happy to count Roger in the tournament this year."

Federer's best finish at the indoor hard-court event was the semifinals in 2002 and '03.

Defending champion Rafael Nadal is also confirmed for the Oct. 14-22 event, meaning the world's two best players could meet in the final for the first time since Federer won his third straight Wimbledon title.
http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/6033704

- 81 - 28 - 4 -
mallorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Roger in Spain
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
country flag mallorn

mallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond reputemallorn has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ It could get very interesting indeed.

From the ATP site:
Quote:
MUTUA MADRILENA MADRID MASTERS
Madrid, Spain

October 3, 2006
Nadal Attends Madrid Launch Ceremony

© ATP

Rafael NadalATP World No. 2 Rafael Nadal attended the launch ceremony of Mutua Madrilena Madrid Masters 2006 in the Spanish capital on Monday.

The campaign at this year’s ATP Masters Series event is “iguales”, which means “the same” and also “deuce” in Spanish.

Nadal, who captured the title over Ivan Ljubicic last year, told the media and event sponsors of how he enjoys playing in front of a Spanish audience whether it is at ATP tournaments in Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia or on Davis Cup duty.

“It’s a special motivation to play tennis in front of them all, unfortunately it only happens a couple of times a year,” he said. “I remember how the home support helped me fight back against Ljubicic in the Masters Series final last year.”

As well as helping to promote the event, which begins on October 16, the 20-year-old visited the Santiago Bernabéu stadium to watch the capital’s derby between rivals Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Nadal, who has already qualified for Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai, has won five ATP-level titles this season (ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo, ATP Masters Series Rome, Barcelona, Dubai, Roland Garros) and holds a 54-8 match record.

He returns to the ATP circuit in Stockholm next week.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsands...dal_madrid.asp

- 81 - 28 - 4 -
Old 10-12-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Time to move on to Madrid I guess. Rafa will play the doubles with Feli again. Should be lovely. I hope you understand Spanish well enough without translation. Basically it says they've played together 4 times this season their best result being the qf in Dubai.

Quote:
‘Feli’ jugará con Nadal
La competición de dobles tendrá un atractivo adicional, la presencia del dúo Feliciano López y Nadal. El manacorí ha disputado sólo cinco torneos esta temporada y, en cuatro de ellos, ya compartió pista con su amigo. Su mejor resultado, cuartos de Dubai.
http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/te...lo/698061.html
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #7
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

VAMOS!
Old 10-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #8
country flag KiwiChica

KiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiChica has a reputation beyond repute

So can't wait to be there live and witness the spectacle with my own eyes.

Hope he'll do well there.

VAMOS RAFA!!!
KiwiChica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #9
country flag mallorn

Info found on VB.com: Rafa's supposed to come to Madrid this afternoon and is to practise from 17:30 to 19:30 with Nicolás Massu. According to As.com, he'll be staying in the Silken Puerta de America Hotel, which has every floor designed by a different architect. He was supposed to stay on the same floor as Roger, but Roger asked to be moved to a different floor...d'you think he didn't like the design?

A tournament preview, from Reuters:
Quote:
PREVIEW-Nadal looking past Federer in Madrid defence

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:05 AM BST
By Simon Baskett

MADRID, Oct 14 (Reuters) - Rafael Nadal is hoping the presence of world number one Roger Federer at next week's Madrid Masters will not prevent him from becoming the first player to defend the hardcourt title.

The 20-year-old Spaniard came from two sets down to beat Croatia's Ivan Ljubicic in a five-set thriller at the Madrid Arena last year but Federer did not play in the tournament.

The Swiss missed out because of a foot injury and will be anxious to continue a sensational season with a triumph at one of only four Master Series titles to elude him.

The 25-year-old's best result in Madrid was reaching the semi-finals in 2003, where he lost to eventual winner Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Such is the domination of the world's top two players that they have won 13 of the 16 Masters Series events in the last two years.

Although Federer is still streets ahead of Nadal in overall tournament victories, adding three more grand slams to his haul this season, the Spaniard has beaten him in four of their five meetings this year.

But the big two will not have it all their own way as every one of the world's top 10 players will be in Madrid as well as past winners Ferrero and Marat Safin, Gaston Gaudio and British pair Tim Henman and Andrew Murray.

Last year's losing finalist Ljubicic, in-form James Blake, unpredictable Marcos Baghdatis and Russia's Nikolay Davydenko should all provide stiff resistance as they compete for points to secure places in the end-of-season Masters Cup in Shanghai.

"Obviously I would love to retain the title in Madrid," Nadal was quoted as saying in Spanish sports daily AS on Saturday.

"But this time all the world's best will be here and the surface isn't my favourite.

"For me this is simply one of the best tournaments in the world. Last year I'd practically lost the final and the support of the fans helped me turn the match around. That is an experience I will never forget.

"From the perspective of the fans the presence of Federer will make the event even more spectacular."

As well as the now traditional models as ball girls, the Madrid tournament will also feature the "hawk-eye" officiating technology that allows players to challenge and review calls.

Each player will be allowed two challenges per set plus an additional one in the event of a tiebreaker. If the player is correct he retains his challenges, if not one of them is lost.

The system has been used successfully at three Masters Series events in North America as well as the U.S. Open and six other ATP events.

The tournament gets underway on Monday with the final on Oct. 22.

- 81 - 28 - 4 -
Old 10-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #10
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorn View Post
From FOX Sports:
since Federer won his third straight Wimbledon title.
Say what?

Anyway, good luck to Rafa next week. I know this is one tournament he really wants to do well at.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #11
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

not on the same floor? so no late-night sex sessions?

Quote:
Old 10-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
not on the same floor? so no late-night sex sessions?
What the papers didn't report is that Uncle Toni Almighty requested to have Roger moved, as he had Xisca sent away (although for some reason Feli's allowed to play doubles with him ), and that Roger and Rafa are now investigating the layout of the various fire escapes around the hotel so as best to hold their romantic trysts.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #13
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis View Post
What the papers didn't report is that Uncle Toni Almighty requested to have Roger moved, as he had Xisca sent away (although for some reason Feli's allowed to play doubles with him ), and that Roger and Rafa are now investigating the layout of the various fire escapes around the hotel so as best to hold their romantic trysts.

I'm sure they'll find out how to bump into each other anyway.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis View Post
I dont understand why they cant call up Andy and Marat and have a REAL slash

Quote:
Old 10-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #15
country flag NeverSayDie

NeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond reputeNeverSayDie has a reputation beyond repute

Just popped by to say Vamos Rafa in Madrid!!! I hope he retains his title

edit: He's got a bye first round, then maybe Malisse, Hass, Roddick/ Berdych bad bad draw

Nadal.Gasquet.Del Potro.Ancic.Mathieu

Last edited by NeverSayDie : 10-15-2006 at 11:40 AM.
NeverSayDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote