Robin Haase Cheering Thread - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #496
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin Haase Cheering Thread

Thanks, it definitely was a nice read!

If anyone wants a translation, I don't mind translating it. But I'm not going to do it now, in case nobody is interested
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #497
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva07 View Post
I didn't read the whole story but the coach likes to see Robin play more aggressive. He is tall, has a good serve and can be a good attacking player. The coach advises Robin also to look more to players like Ancic.
Are you the new Sheva?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #498
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
I came across this article this morning, it's quite long and in Dutch so I didn't feel like translating. But in the article Robin's coach Dennis Schenk talks a bit about what he's been doing since Robin's been out with injury and also about his coaching relationship with Robin. Thought it was a rather interesting read.
Hmm I'm sorry that interview doesn't exactly show off a dynamic relationship, great coaching vision or even realism about Haase's career and injuries.

I get the impression the coach is an average club-level coach that got a job at the Dutch association and then struck gold when he was assigned to Haase. He's complaining about being stuck at his home on Mallorca since September because Haase is injured. The only info about the progress on the injury is that "that he hopes to come back next month", I've heard that before.

And the comment that Haase has "to go for his strokes more and play like Mario Ancic even serve-volley", I don't quite get that. Haase has been more aggressive than Ancic has been in recent years. Haase has always looked "explosive" in his style.

"Ook als jeugdtennisser was Haase fysiek minder dan zijn leeftijdgenoten. ,,Hij moest opboksen tegen sterkere concurrenten, manieren zoeken om toch te winnen. Nu ontbreekt die concurrentie in eigen land en dat is jammer. In het verleden was het steeds stuivertje wisselen met Antal van der Duim en Igor Sijsling.Voor Robin was het goed geweest als Sjeng Schalken en Martin Verkerk nog in de top hadden gestaan, als Raemon Sluiter nog tot de top-50 had behoord."

He talks as if it is a stroke of bad luck that Schalken and Verkerk are no longer in the top-20 this year, and Sluiter has fallen out of the top-50, because it would be provided some challenge in his own country. WTF? We're talking about crippled or retired veteran players who peaked five to ten years ago and have been retired or in the twilight of their careers for numerous years.

And if I read this right Haase is still coughing up the monthly pay for this Sjonnie Majorca?

Sorry for my sarcasm, I may be exaggerating a little, but I wonder why in the past Haase wasn't able to get a respected or experienced international coach. That could have also helped to manage his physical problems better. I certainly do get the impression that a level of amateurism was apparent in Haase's entourage when he developed the serious injury last year. To the point that he played on with a fucked up knee until it locked up (literrally) in Scheveningen.

By the way, all the best to Robin.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:47 PM   #499
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree with everything the article says but I don't have much insight in how a coaching relationship shouls work aso I thought reading about it from a coach's point of view was interesting. Quite frankly I know next to nothing about Dennis Schenk so I have no clue how qualified he is so maybe it would benefit Robin much more to have a coach with more international experience.

I definitely don't agree with everything the article says especially not the part where it talks about how this injury be good for Haase in the sense that it'll help him be more aware that he needs to be carefull with his body. The injury couln't have come at a worse time for Robin, maybe he'll be more carefull with injuries now but Haase was making a lot of progress until he started having problems with his knee last year during the European clay season and when eventually he is able to comeback he'll basically need to start over again.

I also question the decision to continue playing when he started having problems with his knee instead of trying to get it to heal properly first. I remember reading about the injury prior ro Scheveningen where Robin said something like he's still having problems with his knee and has fluid in it at times but his physio/doctor had mentioned that with the proper exercises he should be fine for the HC season which seemed really odd to me at the time.
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #500
country flag sheva07

sheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond repute

Robin dropped 112 places to 298 after Sunrise. Hope he will return soon to rise many places.
Berdych - Tsonga - Wawrinka - Del Potro - Gasquet - Haas - Janowicz - Youzhny - Tomic - Llodra - Hewitt - Gulbis - Mahut - Haase - Schoorel - Sijsling - Huta Galung - De Bakker - Van der Duim - Westerhof - Middelkoop - Fransen/Koolhof

All time: Safin - Schalken - Krajicek - Sluiter - Verkerk - Henman - Ivanisevic - Nalbandian - Ferrero - Philippoussis - Sampras - Siemerink - Blake - F.Gonzalez - Ancic - Haarhuis/Eltingh

Still supporting all the Dutchies despite their great choking skills
sheva07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #501
country flag jmsx521

jmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond reputejmsx521 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I hope to watch him again. Last year at this time I was thinking he can be Top 20 or so in a year, but I wasn't expecting an injury to sideline him.
Capitalism: The biggest Ponzi scheme ever! Perpetual exponential growth of consumption & production on path to monetary collapse and global destruction. The richest 1% have more financial wealth than the bottom 95% combined: TheZeitgeistMovement.com
---------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." -Schopenhauer
---------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
---------------
"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." -Aristotle
jmsx521 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #502
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Well injuries happen, but it sucks that his injury has been going on for nearly 8 months The way he played last year, I could picture him top 30 and now he's out of the top 200, nearly 300
Old 04-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #503
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again the only news I seem to be able to find on Robin is bad news. Robin has again been having problems with fluid in his knee, apparently he was taking anti inflammatory pills and for a while this was working so that he could do physical training and play some tennis again. He then had a cold/flu and now his knee is swollen again, he'll probably be going to the hospital this week to have his knee looked at again, he still has no idea when he'll be able to start his comeback but most likely it won't be anytime soon.
Sources: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/te...e__.html?p=3,1
http://www.sportwereld.nl/tennis/313...bin_Haase.html
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #504
country flag Tess Gray

ugh That's all I have to say

So I read this in the March edition of Tennis Magazine. About his taste in music

Quote:
Robin's I-pod top 5
1. Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philidelphia
2. Red Hot Chili peppers - Hard To Concentrate
3. Fragma - Toca Me
4. Anouk - Daze
5. Jason Mraz - Details in the Fabric

Music that he absolutely does NOT listen to:
"I don't like listening to dutch music, country, jazz or rap. Except rap with a funny tune like some songs by Tupac or Eminem"
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #505
country flag anon57

In case anyone is interested, Robin will be a guest in Holland Sport tonight.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #506
country flag sheva07

sheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond reputesheva07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
In case anyone is interested, Robin will be a guest in Holland Sport tonight.
Oh nice. Thanks.
Berdych - Tsonga - Wawrinka - Del Potro - Gasquet - Haas - Janowicz - Youzhny - Tomic - Llodra - Hewitt - Gulbis - Mahut - Haase - Schoorel - Sijsling - Huta Galung - De Bakker - Van der Duim - Westerhof - Middelkoop - Fransen/Koolhof

All time: Safin - Schalken - Krajicek - Sluiter - Verkerk - Henman - Ivanisevic - Nalbandian - Ferrero - Philippoussis - Sampras - Siemerink - Blake - F.Gonzalez - Ancic - Haarhuis/Eltingh

Old 04-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #507
country flag sheva07

Next week another knee-surgery for Robin. The most annoying thing is that they don't know exactly what's wrong with the knee either. If the rehabilitation is going ok he expect to play in 2 or 3 months but I doubt about that.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #508
country flag anon57

It really must be so frustrating for him that the doctors don't seem to have a clue what is causing the continueing knee problems. I really hope they'll be able to figure out what it wrong so he can start getting back to playing tennis, though I'm afraid that's not going to be for a while
Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #509
country flag Tess Gray

Why did I miss this? Probably because it is not really interesting. But I guess still good news they didn't find anything to be worried about.

(btw, I didn't know he lived in Turnhout )

Quote:
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/te...peratie__.html
Haase optimistisch na kijkoperatie
TURNHOUT - Bij een kijkoperatie aan zijn gekwetste rechterknie zijn bij Robin Haase geen ontstekingen of scheurtjes in het gewricht geconstateerd. Dat zei de Haagse tennisprof een dag nadat hij in het Erasmus-ziekenhuis in Rotterdam is onderzocht.

Haase is door een knieblessure al acht maanden uit competitie. „Er zijn wat kleine dingetjes gedaan door de artsen. De knie is gespoeld en er is een klein stukje kapsel weggehaald. Eigenlijk zag het er prima uit”, vertelde de in het Belgische Turnhout woonachtige tennisser. Haase moet voorlopig een week rust houden. „Daarna kan ik weer voorzichtig beginnen. Ik hoop dat een reactie nu uitblijft"
And in case anybody missed Holland Sport, here you can watch it again, it starts at around 19 minutes
http://player.omroep.nl/?aflid=9388864
Old 05-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #510
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

any news about when he can play again?

when can he try to practice? I dont understand the article.

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote