Robin Haase Cheering Thread - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #316
country flag Klaas_nalbandian

Klaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin Haase Cheering Thread

FLYING DUTCHMAN SAILS PAST

GROSJEAN TO TAKE CHAMPIONSHIP
(Sunrise, FL) – No. 6 seed Sebastien Grosjean and unseeded Robin Haase took center court to resume the singles final of the BMW Tennis Championship on a cool, windy Monday with a few hundred fans in attendance, after a weekend of washouts. With the venue stripped of all other entertainment, including the live band and ubiquitous “purple drink” girls, the day had the intimate feel of a club match, except for the sounds of sonic-boom shots hit by the two pros.

The score was 5-4 Haase, who was serving at 15-40 when play launched at 11:00 a.m. with a marathon groundstroke rally - 30+ hits, which Haase surrendered by hitting long. Haase couldn’t make up the deficit, and was immediately broken back to even the game score.

Throughout the match, 15-20 shot rallies were common, with both players moving well. Although Haase tried to direct the flow to the Grosjean backhand; a number of rallies ended with signature Grosjean open-stance forehands.

The Frenchman won his next service game to bring up 6-5; then broke again to win the first set 7-5. Serving first in the second, Grosjean spun a drop-shot winner at 40-5, with Haase well behind the baseline, to take that game; then he broke Haase on his first serve to go up 2-0; and consolidated the break for 3-0. Amping up the baseline rallies, the veteran Grosjean seemed more patient and composed on defense, forcing errors from his young opponent.

Haase came alive in the next game, allowing Grosjean only one point, serving well and slapping two groundie winners into the corners - a forehand, then a backhand. Serving at 3-1, Grosjean struggled to hold, fighting off three deuces and tossing in a double fault, one of his three in the match.At 4-2, Haase broke Grosjean with a blazing passing shot at 30-40 to get the match back on serve.Next game was the longest of the match, with seven deuces and three game points blown by each player before Haase served it out with a forehand blast down the line to even things up at four games all.

At 5-all, Grosjean quickly sank to 0-40 on his own errors.Next point, working with a second serve, Haase moved forward, hit a low slice and Grosjean missed the passing shot, giving one break back to the Dutchman. Haase served out the set, ending with a first-class winner as he served big, then moved in to put away the Frenchman’s weak reply.

The final set was all Haase. He opened with a love-hold, then broke Grosjean at 30-40. The Haase serve was strong and his ground-strokes solid, while Grosjean seemed to lose focus, committing a rash of unforced errors off both sides.A pivotal point came with Grosjean serving at 1-3, and 30-40. The Frenchman’s big first serve down the tee was called out, then the call was over-ruled. Awarded another first serve, he faulted; and Haase murdered the return on second-serve to win that game and break once again.

Clearly on a roll, Haase held next at love to go up 5-1. Looking up from a very deep hole, Grosjean dropped the final game at love, hitting one more forehand well long.

The 20-year-old Haase was ecstatic after his win, saying, “It’s unbelievable that I won. I came back from 7-5, 3-1, and I played better and better and I took the third set with a lot of confidence. Of course he was a break up in the second set so it was mentally tough for him. I came back [in the third] and played better and better, I served better and better so he didn’t have any break points and it was tough for him and he tried to play some fast points and he made some unforced errors.”

“It’s just like I won an ATP event,” Haase said of his accomplishment. “I mean, I played against three top fifty guys, against one who was number seventy and I played one coming back from an injury who has been number 20 in the world for sure; so it’s a lovely tournament for me.”

Grosjean is comfortably into the draw at the Sony Ericsson Masters Series, with round one scheduled for Wednesday. Meanwhile after collecting his $14,400 paycheck, Robin Haase had just about enough time to say a gracious thanks, take a few photos and sign a couple of balls before he grabbed his racquet bag and high-tailed it down to Key Biscayne – where, seeded 5th in qualies, he was scheduled to play Monday afternoon against Russian Rik De Voest.

Escude-Kuerten
Dutch players

Gasquet-Ferrero-Lopez-Mathieu

Nadal-Acasuso-Haas-Youzhny-Berdych-Gonzalez-Tursunov

Söderling-Del Potro-Bellucci-Lapentti-Roddick-Verdasco
Klaas_nalbandian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #317

Klaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond reputeKlaas_nalbandian has a reputation beyond repute

strang everywhere the score is 75 57 61 but this score says a different story with haase losing the first and 0-3 down

Escude-Kuerten
Dutch players

Old 03-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #318
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

He won easily today from Dusan Vemic!! 6-3 6-4! So he's again in the MD!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #319
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

He has an easy 1st round match against Michael Berrer. Haase has won the 3 meetings between them.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #320
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Have to join in here and say that I'm absolutely IN AWE of what Robin has managed to achieve the past few days!
AWESOME!!!

(Hey, I'm not a cheap bandwagonner - I had the guy in my siggie since he beat Berdych at Roger's Cup 2007 - but for some silly reason I cleaned out my siggie and all that's left there are LOSERS.
Talking about the tennis guys, that is... )

Pleased to meet ye all, here, and let's hope Robin will make a great run over here at Miami!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #321
country flag gasquet24

gasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond reputegasquet24 has a reputation beyond repute

He should be able to take out Berrer again today, although he has played a lot of tennis lately. The last match I saw him play was against Juan Monaco and he looked completely dead out there (Indian Wells) http://www.imeem.com/tag/robin%2...=robin%20haase
gasquet24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #322
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see the results he's achieved at the Sunrise challenges and qualifying for the Miami. His first round match against Berrer should be winnable but Haase has been playing a lot of tennis lately. I hope he can keep it up for a bit longer. Good luck Robin
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #323
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

M. Berrer def. R. Haase 6-4 6-4, Robin wasn't able to win his first round match, Berrer served for both sets at 5-3, Robin broke back both times but gotten broken the next game in both cases. At least he doesn't lose any points compared to last year, I think. Next up is Davis Cup and than on to clay season.
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #324
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

to many matches I guess.

Robin

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #325

yeah pity thought he would have won the match but ok, not that weird after his run...

next: Davis Cup, Valencia, Masters Qualies maybe, Barcelona

tough tournaments

Escude-Kuerten
Dutch players

Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #326
country flag stephB

stephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond reputestephB has a reputation beyond repute

björki, do you think he will be in hamburg???????

Lukasz K.
Arnaud Robin H. Guillermo GL

Sebastien || Mathieu M. (RIP)|| Jesse || Mikhail || Thierry || Daniel K.

JOHN
stephB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #327
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

So Davis Cup went nice
next up Valencia right?
Is he playing quallies or is he in the MD already?
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #328
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Md

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #329
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

nice

the only thing that sucks is that when he wins he has to play either Juan Carlos Ferrero or Marat Safin. Both do-able, but very difficult
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #330
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Haase wins of Schukin!! 6-4 4-1 ret.
Now he has to play against Safin! This one is hard, but it is possible, indeed!

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote