Old tennis balls! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
country flag elroyf

elroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond reputeelroyf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Old tennis balls!

I have A LOT of old tennis balls that have lost their pressure.

What do people do with their old tennis balls? Is there any way to recycle them?!

Is there a way you can re-pressurise them?

Any suggestions welcome!
elroyf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
country flag empressdiver

empressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond reputeempressdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old tennis balls!

You should go to Cuba for a holiday and take as many used tennis balls as you can to give away to the children or to give to hotel staff as tips. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw this - one guy had brought in about 100 balls - he wanted to give one of the maids a tip, so he held up a $1 US bill in one hand and a used tennis ball in the other and gave the maid a choice of getting either - and she wanted the tennis ball!!! I'm sure she had her own child to give it to. The children really love them and there is such a shortage of tennis balls on the island. On one tour in the mountains, we stopped at a school and this guy gave out about 30 balls to all the children - they all loved them so much. I'm sure there are many other holiday destinations where the same conditions exist. So save those balls and put them to good use!
empressdiver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 AM   #3
country flag PTR_Professional

PTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond reputePTR_Professional has a reputation beyond repute

You can sell them for cheap on ebay as many people like to use these for coaching, charities distribute them, and people buy for their dogs, etc.

You`ll be suprised, just don`t expect much for them.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
country flag tennisplayer89

tennisplayer89 is on a distinguished road

You can give them to schools or nursing homes. Schools many times put them on the bottoms of desks to keep them from scratching tile floors, and older people put them on their walkers.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
country flag FluffyYellowBall

FluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyYellowBall has a reputation beyond repute

besides charity and giving them to people, u can really be creative with them especially if u cut them all in half. I made a halo out of some and im taking it to the next tournament im going too
Old 03-14-2007, 02:45 AM   #6
country flag gaz

gaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond reputegaz has a reputation beyond repute

coaches can use them to create teaching aids but they usually have enought tbh

schools is always a good bet
gaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

"Dead" balls are great to serve with just so you get the feel.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote