The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread! - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #391
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread!

Well, it ain't a bad thing was just saying.

Welcome to new comers
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #392
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastasie View Post
I had to listen to some parts a couple of times. But it's usually much harder for me to understand Spanish than it was here - Argentines and Chileans talk really fast, and European Spanish (+Catalan and dialects) is practically impossible.

I have to admit I lurked here every once in a while, mostly to see the pictures. But then I only started posting recently on MTF.
Catalan is no dialect of Spanish, it's a proper language. But for me it's nearly impossible to understand Argentinian. (When Zabaleta and Gaudio chat to each other I only accidently understand something.) On the other hand I understand European Spanish nearly perfectly, when Younes talks in Spanish I could answer (in English ).

Btw, I never learned Spanish properly.

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #393
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl9tB83vrE8

My comprehension of spoken Spanish is not great, but Nico's Spanish is pretty easy to get, and he said in this interview that he was not happy playing challengers and qualies and having to just keep going after points, and now he's more motivated to keep going this year and next year. After that, he would think about it, but as I understood it, it all depends on staying injury-free and having the necessary ranking to get into the main draw in the big tournaments, to be able to play big matches, on CCs, like he did in Rome and Barcelona (he said it had been 4 or 5 years since he had last played matches like that, so I guess I was right about this). It's obvious he doesn't want to do the challengers/qualies thing anymore, so I hope he stays healthy and keeps playing well. He also said he has no points to defend in the second semester, so that helps a lot.
thank you for the link and esp. for translating !

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #394
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule81 View Post
thank you for the link and esp. for translating !
Yes, thanks a lot!
The translation really helps, I don't understand a word, but it's still nice to watch
Old 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #395
country flag Nastasie

Nastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Catalan is no dialect of Spanish, it's a proper language. But for me it's nearly impossible to understand Argentinian. (When Zabaleta and Gaudio chat to each other I only accidently understand something.) On the other hand I understand European Spanish nearly perfectly, when Younes talks in Spanish I could answer (in English ).

Btw, I never learned Spanish properly.
I know, that's why I said Spanish, plus Catalan and dialects. (I can't remember if there are other proper languages besides Catalan and Spanish in Spain)

I never learned Spanish either, but I guess it's being surrounded by Spanish-speaking countries and the similarity with Portuguese that allows me to understand it (sometimes). I can't form a sentence in Spanish to save my life, though.
Nastasie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #396
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know, that's why I said Spanish, plus Catalan and dialects. (I can't remember if there are other proper languages besides Catalan and Spanish in Spain)
Well according to the Spanish constitution, there are four official languages, which you can use to address the authorities: Castellano ("normal" Spanish), Catalan, Basque and Galician. Catalan, Basque and Galician (spoken northern of Portugal and near to the north Portuguese border) are only in the respective regions official languages though. So it isn't possible to write to authorities in Malaga (South of Spain) in Basque.

(Thanks to the prof of the joint Portuguese/Spanish lecture in my uni )

Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #397
country flag Jelena

Article of El universo. I give a "sense translation" of it.

Nico Lapentti arrives in China and practices for the first match

Nicolas Lapentti arrived yesterday after 18 hours of travelling in Beijing and begins today (Wednesday) with the practice for his first match at the Olympic Games on coming Sunday.

He departed in Los Angeles and, after a stop in Tokio, he arrived in China at 21.00 local time.

He was taken on Beijing Airport of the doctor of the Ecuatorian Olympic delegation, who brought him immediately into the Olympic village.

The player from Guayaquil starts today with the practice on the hard courts in the Olympic Tennis Center.

He will play his first match coming Sunday.

Lapentti is in Beijing without his coach, the Uruguayan Enrique Pérez Cassarino, because he didn't get a spot in the Ecuatorian team.

Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Old 08-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #398
country flag Nastasie

Nastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond reputeNastasie has a reputation beyond repute

Olympic Tennis Draw:

SINGLES
(1) Federer - Tursunov
Lee - Arevalo
Robredo - Seppi
Berdych - (14) Karlovic

(10) Simon - Soderling
Niemeyer - Cañas
Bellucci - Hrbaty
Guccione - (8) Blake

(4) Davydenko - Gulbis
Mathieu - Lapentti
Loglo - Anderson
Mirnyi - (15) Kiefer

(12) Gonzalez - Darcis
Cilic - Monaco
O. Rochus - Minar
Tipsarevic - (5) Ferrer

(7) Nalbandian - Zeng
Massu - Darcis
Bolelli - Hanescu
Monfils - (11) Almagro

(13) Youzhny - Vanek
Nieminen - T. Johansson
Schuettler - Nishikori
Ginepri - (3) Djokovic

(6) Murray - Lu
Calleri - Ljubicic
Daniel - Melzer
Dancevic - (9) Wawrinka

(16) Stepanek - Llodra
Querrey - Andreev
Hewitt - Bjorkman
Starace - (2) Nadal

Tough quarter for him. :/

Good luck, Nico!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #399

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a pretty nice draw.
Mathieu's playing crap, Davydenko's not playing well either, coulda been worse.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #400
country flag Jelena

Nico is playing tomorrow not before 5pm local time.

Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Old 08-10-2008, 02:47 AM   #401
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Did everyone see Nico's toughest 3 opponents on the ATP home page?

His toughest opponents are Agassi, Grosjean and Zabaleta. The interview was really sweet

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #402
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post

His toughest opponents are Agassi, Grosjean and Zabaleta. The interview was really sweet
where can i find the interview?

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post

I saw it, talk about living in the past

A retired guy, a guy you're ranked one ahead of and a guy you're ranked 900 or so ahead of

As for where to find it, I saw it on atptennis.com.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #404
country flag Jelena

Nico lost to Mathieu 6-7(4), 2-6

Jule, the interview is a video.

Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Old 08-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #405
country flag Nastasie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
I saw it, talk about living in the past

A retired guy, a guy you're ranked one ahead of and a guy you're ranked 900 or so ahead of

As for where to find it, I saw it on atptennis.com.
Ooh, thanks for the heads up.

Aw, yeah, the interview really gives you an idea of how long Nico's been struggling with injuries and health problems. His mind automatically took him back to when he was still competing among the top players, I guess it's only natural.

And, as always, he is really nice and smiley and laid-back. Oh, and what the heck, I'll just say it again: and gorgeous, too.