The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #16
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The official Nico Lapentti's cheering thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraV View Post
I don't think Nico will be back in Europe this year. When I spoke to him the other night, he said he would be playing in South America for the remainder of the season - at least he said that before he got to the final in Palermo. I have a feeling though that he will follow through on his plans to stay on the clay for the last few weeks of the season and make a big run at the start of the next season - after all he has nothing to lose (literally - no points) because of his Hepatitis at the start of this year.
Thank You for this insight That would be a sensible decision of him to take part in southamerican clay events for the rest of the year rather then coming back to Europe..but still, I wish I saw him in Bercy *dreaming*...
Quote:
I think Nico really deserves his week off. When the new rankings list appears its going to prove that Nico has nearly halved his ranking in the last 2 weeks and lets hope he continues to move up the list in the coming weeks.
Yess, it's amazing his rank rises so high/fast! Jumping in two steps,from 111 to ~68th place...Still waiting for the official atp ranking update, they're delayed cause of postponed Mumbai final, but it should be somewhat close to this prediction..He's getting really close to the magic top50.Keep it up Nico
takuma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #17
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Nico's last 2 weeks have been incredible and it's great to see him getting toward the top 50 again
Vamos!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #18
country flag takuma

takuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond reputetakuma has a reputation beyond repute

YES!He is 68!Moved 16 positions up, which is[apart from Koubek,who got +25, and is ranked 93 now]the biggest jump within the top100 this week
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #19
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sooo happy Nico is playing so well!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #20
country flag takuma

He's withdrawn from Medellin Challenger, anybody knows why?There's no info to be found anywhere..Is it just a longer break?Hope he's ok..
[or maybe he really is getting ready for Bercy? ]
*Vamos Nico*
Old 10-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #21
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

i´m wondering myself but i guess it´s just a longer break after those 2 incredible but hard weeks as he has no points to defend there.

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #22
country flag Slice

Slice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuma View Post
He's withdrawn from Medellin Challenger, anybody knows why?There's no info to be found anywhere..Is it just a longer break?Hope he's ok..
[or maybe he really is getting ready for Bercy? ]
*Vamos Nico*
Maybe his coach is looking for fashionable (and warm) sleeping bag so such inessential stuff like challenger in Medellin would be distracting for him . And for Nico too of course.

But seriuosly. I found playing in Medellin complete nonsense esp. with rank 68. No matter how much we like him and how much we would like him to improve his status, it's obvious he has no much time and playing with his present form in Bercy, Madrid or wherevere else in tour seems more appropriate. I have no idea if he considers such solution but definitely it is better way to TOP50 than tramping in challs. Kubot when defeated Grosjean achieved more than in Szczecin where he overcame 2 opponents. Being 30 yrs of age requires right and efficient choices (truism)

Last edited by Slice : 10-11-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Slice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #23
country flag SaraV

SaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond reputeSaraV has a reputation beyond repute

The Medellin challenger was not part of the Copa Petrabas tour - I should think that when Nico entered for this challenger it was before his huge rise in the rankings and rightly pulled out to preserve his tennis for the CP challengers where hopefully he will have chances to improve.

He is down for Bogota (Madrid week), Montevideo (Basel week) and now Aracuju (sorry spelling from memory ?) the week of Paris Bercy. So we have confirmation he will stay playing on the outdoor clay courts in South America ... something which Im sure has more attraction than playing indoors in depressing autumn Europe. Also not so far to travel.

He said I think back in September that he would finish off with 4 or so challengers in S America towards the end of the season. Presumably he entered all those that came up, then Poland and Palermo happened so he decided to tailor his tournaments a little better.

s
SaraV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #24
country flag Slice

Slice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond reputeSlice has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, seems someone must hurt ( takuma) when someone else cheers. In my oppinion he should hammer iron till its hot. Building rank on challengers is art for itself :/. Ok but he certainly knows better.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
country flag takuma

You're 71 now.Back to work hun
Old 10-18-2006, 02:08 AM   #26
country flag takuma

Rogério Silva (BRA) v. Nicolas Lapentti (ECU), 7/6(6) 6/4
Old 10-20-2006, 08:15 AM   #27
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear
Old 10-22-2006, 08:59 PM   #29
country flag takuma

Bogota wasn't cool, but it doesn't mean Montevideo won't!Time for the next step, tomorrow on the central court (1)Nicolas Lapentti (ECU) vs (Q)Brian Dabul (ARG)...Hope for a better performance this time..Vamos Nico!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #30
country flag takuma

...and so it was Nico defeated the argentine qualifier 6-2 6-2 Next step: Marcel Granollers-Pujol from Spain..Then our ecuadorian will most probably face Berlocq or Pashanski in the quarters. Good luck!