Uk League 29-31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
country flag Bashlike

Bashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond reputeBashlike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uk League 29-31

alright lads,

im looking forward to the weeeknd games,

but not sure on who to take, since nobdoy has started the thread to took the liberty.

what do you guys think?
Bashlike is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
country flag rich_a

rich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk League 29-31

First bet of the weekend for me

Championship

Colchester vs Ipswich

These teams have both come from being awful at the beginning of the season and are now going through some very good form. However, Im unsure what the result will be. Recently I have been impressed with their goalscoring exploits though. Both teams started their home form (Colchester) and away form (Ipswich) with 1-0 losses but since then all their home games (Colchester) and away games (Ipswich) have been goals galore. In Colchester home games their have been 14goals in 4games, and 13games in the last 3 including a 4-3 home win thriller. Ipswich have 13goals in their 4away games with 12 in the last 3games, a 3-1 loss, 3-1 victory (on tv) and a 2-2 draw with a high flying Birmingham. I can see this being an entertaining game and it may have more than 3goals but over 2.5goals looks good to me.

Over 2.5 goals @ 2.1 - 1unit

W34/L52/V4 +45.00
rich_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
country flag rich_a

rich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond repute

Loss

Absolutely unbelievable match. Colchester win 1-0.

12 shots on target
9 shots off target
2 disallowed goals
1 rejected (wrongly IMO) penalty appeal

Extremely entertaining game but only 1goals, frustrating but great to watch!

W34/L53/V4 +44.00
Old 09-30-2006, 01:56 AM   #4
country flag rich_a

Ive decided on all my bets for the weekend so here they are.

W34/L53/V4 +44.00

Saturday bets

League 1

Two matchups stand out for me in League 1, however, the odds arent great so Im going to double them up. Bristol City are playing Oldham. Oldham are playing quite well, however, their away form is not nearly as impressive as their position in the table seems. 4points from a possible 15 away from home is not great. It gets even worse when theyre playing a team that has won 4matches in a row, including their last 3home matches. I thought Bristol City would struggle with all the drama surrounding their players but Gary Johnson has turned it around and it seems that theyre flourishing. Another win on the cards for his side and they look to be on the way up.

Rotherham are the other side I fancy this weekend. They started the season with -10 points, theyre already on the tail of Millwall and can jump above them with a win. Millwall have lost their manager which is a good thing, however, I cant see them winning away at Rotherham at this stage. Rotherham are a solid side and have a great goalscorer in Will Hoskins up front. Theyll be determined to finally get themselves off the bottom of the table and prove to people its not impossible to overturn a 10point defecit from the beginning of the season.

Bristol City x Rotherham @ 3.18 - 1.5units

League 2

Here is a silly bet, however, I feel it might just come off. 4 big favourites but in reality I think they should be that bit bigger.

Lets start with Hereford. They have 9points off a possible 15 at home. Theyre playing Macclesfield who have failed to win a game in 11games this season. They have one point from 5games away from home and things are just about to get a little bit worse.

Second is Lincoln. I went big on them during the week and got burned. However, that was a local derby and I still feel they shouldve won. Their home form is decent but nothing more. They have a respectable 2-2-1 record with 8points from their 5games. They are entertaining Bury who are sitting second bottom of the football league. They have 1 away win in 5 matches. They have lost 4 so that's not good news for them. Theyre playing an angry Lincoln side who's fans will not be happy after the derby day loss in midweek and they will expect a big performance off their team who are currently sitting 2nd in the league.

Swindon went their first 6games without dropping a point. Since then theyve made hard work of things. However, theyre still a quality side. Theyre playing Boston who had a great midweek win against local rivals Lincoln. However, that was at home, this is away. That was against local rivals, this is against a southern side with quality in abundance. They may have won one match but theyre not a good side. I dont give them more than a 10% chance of winning and Im feeling generous here!

Walsall are the last team in this bet, theyre awesome at home. Theyre sitting pretty at the top of the table and behind that is their home form. 5wins out of 5. They lost to Bolton at home but did make a match of it and it took 3 proven top quality players to score the goals to beat them (Nolan, Campo and Anelka). They should continue their perfect record against a Mansfield team who havent recorded an away victory yet this season.

Hereford x Lincoln x Swindon x Walsall @ 6.4 - 1unit

Sunday bets

Premiership

Spurs vs Portsmouth

This season, these teams have started their campaigns in both contrast to last season and to each other. Pompey have started exceptionally well and have been tough to break down conceding 1 in 6games while Spurs have been goal shy scoring in only one match which was against bottom placed Sheffield United. Their strikers are also woefully off form which does not bode well for them. This will be a battle, make no mistake about it. It will be a cagey encounter which will be full of "oooohs" and "aaaaaaaahs" but it will not be one for the record books. Spurs will be desperate to get some more points on the board and Pompey will be looking to get their home defeat out of their system. This is a great game for both teams, however, I feel that they will both go about it in a very cautious manner as these teams usually do. A low scoring encounter awaits. As well as this, I fully expect this to be a 0-0 draw for long periods of the match, hence the first goal after 28th minute bet. For all I know this could end 0-0 hence the saver.

Portsmouth +0.5 @ 2 - 2units

First goal after 28minutes @ 2 - 1.5units
No goalscorer @ 9 - 0.3units (saver bet)

GL

Last edited by rich_a : 09-30-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:19 AM   #5
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Can't go past Everton as the best for today / tonight .. Man City sound as though they're in a bit of turmoil while the 'Toffees' have been great at home so far .. They'll also be keen as mustard after being held to a 2-2 draw in their most recent home outing against Wigan ..

Nice price for the home side too .. $1.70
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Bolton/Liverpool Over 2 @ 1.952 (i don't play o/u very frequently) 1.1 unit

Liverpool Dnb @ 1.515 (1.6)

Last edited by betowiec : 09-30-2006 at 11:27 AM.
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutafon View Post
Bolton/Liverpool Over 2 @ 1.952 (i don't play o/u very frequently) 1.1 unit

Liverpool Dnb @ 1.515 (1.6)
over was the main bet............. and decided to play something even safer and simply got burned for it

only one void and one loss
Old 09-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #8
country flag rich_a

Dont worry Kuta, I did pretty badly too today. Bad bets from me, tried something different and it didnt work!

W34/L55/V4 +41.50units
Old 09-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #9
country flag betowiec

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_a View Post
Dont worry Kuta, I did pretty badly too today. Bad bets from me, tried something different and it didnt work!

W34/L55/V4 +41.50units
better luck next time for you too

Borough DNB @ 1.926 (0.45) agasint Shef. UTD
Old 09-30-2006, 04:27 PM   #10
country flag rich_a

Think the Boro bet looks better than the Liverpool bet (theyre awful after away games in CL), however, itll probably end up a draw.

Moving on from my shocking week Im going to have a pop at the SPL.

Falkirk vs Celtic

Falkirk are just another team in the SPL, Celtic are the best. They had a good win against Copenhagen away in midweek with Kenny Miller getting another goal and last weekend they won the old firm match against Rangers. They should be full of confidence. I wouldnt be surprised if they won this by 3or4 so Im taking this match on the handicap. They may be away but Celtic are too good and they intimidate teams way too much. Adding to this, Falkirks home form is pretty poor especially compared to their away form and I can only forsee an easy win in the running for Celtic and a big bet for me. Rangers beat them 4-0 already this season, Aberdeen beat Falkirk at Falkirk 2-0, so why cant Celtic do the same?!

Celtic -1.5 @ Evens - 3.5units

GL

Last edited by rich_a : 09-30-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfCwcKVKl_A

What a goal by Van Persie!
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #12
country flag betowiec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahli View Post

thanks for sharing this

what a strike
Old 09-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #13
country flag betowiec

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutafon View Post
better luck next time for you too

Borough DNB @ 1.926 (0.45) agasint Shef. UTD

shef. utd scores the winna in the 90th minute

loss
Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
country flag TheFedExpress

TheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond reputeTheFedExpress has a reputation beyond repute

Blackburn to beat Wigan@2.00
Old 10-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #15
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute

West Ham over Reading @ 2.30.

GL.
Straby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote