The "Marat, please don't mess up in Metz!" thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #46
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Marat, please don't mess up in Metz!" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vass View Post
In that case, playing in Metz is triple stupid.
we always knew marat's brain was different from everyone else's.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #47
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
we always knew marat's brain was different from everyone else's.
Where "different" is a euphemism.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:56 AM   #48
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Vass--> OMG I agree with you for once (OK, it's probably not the first time, but, you know!! ) ... I think he's going to be completely knackered @ Metz, and then what sort of shape will he be in for KC ... then again he'll probably surprise us all and be an absolute superstar (afterall, that's what they're expecting, isn't it!)

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:49 AM   #49
country flag Broomie

Broomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Madrid is right after KC

And no rest until the end of the season. He should have taken the week after Thailand off
considering his low expectations, he certainly doesn't think he'll go far in all those tournaments. I guess he'll pull out of some if he does.

Also, when he was younger, he used to play a LOT. He stopped that when his ranking got better. That's maybe what he's trying there. Play until the end of this year as long as he physically can, hoping the ranking will be better by then. Maybe that's the best way to get the machine started.
He must have thought a lot about his decision since he said that he couldn't afford to make bad ones.
Broomie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:41 AM   #50

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

All right, Marat, go for it.

Y'know, being a Safinholic is doing wonders for my bounce-back ability and my "Yesterday was so last week" attitude.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:45 AM   #51
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
Vass--> OMG I agree with you for once (OK, it's probably not the first time, but, you know!! ) ... I think he's going to be completely knackered @ Metz, and then what sort of shape will he be in for KC ... then again he'll probably surprise us all and be an absolute superstar (afterall, that's what they're expecting, isn't it!)
he's going back to that old russian-tennis-players mentality playing like a maniac week in week out....
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:52 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
he's going back to that old russian-tennis-players mentality playing like a maniac week in week out....
If his goal is to be seeded by the Australian Open, yet he has no expectations of performing well in any given week, that's the only thing he can do. Methinks he'll be all right. The good news is that right before Paris he's scheduled to play Lyon, which means the travel time will be negligible, no rushing to make any plane and no jet lag. Smart boy.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #53
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

well i also think it's not a good idea to play at Metz...but maybe he wants to smell some French air before Bercy
when i knew he would play there, my first thought was "well, he'll lose in first round to a French player...and media will scream everywere that Mathieu/Ascione/Santoro or anyonelse has beaten 'le grand Marat Safin'"
his first round is tough...he played good at bangkok...
I didn't knew Marat was a God in Metz...
Quote:
Brève - 30 septembre 2006
Marat Safin

Nous l’attendons tous, Marat Safin arrivera demain à l’aéroport du Luxembourg. Après sa belle semaine à Bangkok, le russe qui s’est incliné en demi-finale face à James Blake (3/6 6/4 7/6 (3)), fera son entrée dans le tournoi face à son compatriote Youzhny.
quick translation :
'we're all waiting for him, Marat Safin will arrive tomorrow at Luxembourg airport. after his good week at Bangkok, the russian, who lost in semis to James Blake will play his fisrt round against his compatriot youzhny'
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:43 AM   #54
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's good he's trying to play as much as possible...and honestly I think he can handle it...his season ends on the first of december...of course...unless he wins all the tournaments h is going to play the next weeks ang gets to Top 8 and finally in the Masters Cup!!! that's not possible right? I'll go check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #55
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO!!! After one quick callculation if Marat won all the next tournaments: Metz, KC, Madrid, Lyon and Bercy he'd get to a total of 2150 points which would put him on the 8th position in the Rankings! Just perfect for the Masters Cup!

Quote:
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #56
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
I think it's good he's trying to play as much as possible...and honestly I think he can handle it...
yes, he can handle it but the results can't be too good. You can't play on clay in Moscow then fly to Thailand and play 4 matches on hard and then fly back to Europe the same week, and then go and play again and not be tired. With this schedule he can screw both Metz and KC.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #57
country flag Deea

Don't mind me ...Dad brought me a glass of red wine to test...done from the last crop And it's yummmmy...me likey red wine!

Quote:
Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #58
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

you guys make your own wine?
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #59
country flag Deea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
you guys make your own wine?
yes, dad has a vineyard...it's not big ...but

Quote:
Old 10-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #60
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
why didn't you him to play doubles with dima at RO then
because Metz is in France j/k
Quote:
à la Kafelnikov! (or Davydenko now )
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilimi80 View Post
well i also think it's not a good idea to play at Metz...but maybe he wants to smell some French air before Bercy
when i knew he would play there, my first thought was "well, he'll lose in first round to a French player...and media will scream everywere that Mathieu/Ascione/Santoro or anyonelse has beaten 'le grand Marat Safin'"
his first round is tough...he played good at bangkok...
I didn't knew Marat was a God in Metz...

quick translation :
'we're all waiting for him, Marat Safin will arrive tomorrow at Luxembourg airport. after his good week at Bangkok, the russian, who lost in semis to James Blake will play his fisrt round against his compatriot youzhny'
PDo has a crush on Marat
(so tru for the french media )