Yellow and red cards/infractions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
country flag Steve
webmaster

Steve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond reputeSteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yellow and red cards/infractions

Just to clarify the difference of rep and cards.

Rep is as usual, that is what you use the same way you did before.

The cards are where we ask for a little bit of help from members to moderate the forums.
Only use the cards when you feel a member should be banned. This would be due to spam, multiple usernames, posting xxx, etc etc. This is not to be used on personal attacks, or when someone posts something you dont like. I receive an email whenever someone clicks on it so I dont want to be running to a computer because someone pissed you off, but I will run to a computer if it is MAJOR. If this option is abused two things will happen
1.If a member is regularly abusing the sytem they will take some time off.
2. This option will be disabled.

In the email I recieve all information regarding the sender is logged and sent along with it. We will know its you

Thanks for helping keep MTF Spam free
Steve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 10:57 PM   #2

Default Re: Yellow and red cards

Steve is it my equipment or am I going blind? Where are these yellow cards you are talking about? Because I don't want to hit anything by mistake
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

It's in between the reputation and report post buttons, at least, that is where it is for me.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #4

Well I don't know if it is my equipment or my eyesight? Because I think I know what you are talking about, but it doesn't really look yellow to me
Old 09-28-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a red card in front of a yellow card to me, maybe it's the fact that it's on your tv or something anyway you found it, that's all that matters.

the point is that hopefully these won't be used too often

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #6
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see anything like that. I have four things, the offline/online indicator, the blog, the reputation, and then the report post.
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Incidentally, is someone posts something extremely horrible about another member, and they should be banned, why should you not use this new system?
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatejBockoFan View Post
I don't see anything like that. I have four things, the offline/online indicator, the blog, the reputation, and then the report post.

Ditto here. May be I need to check the upgrade bugs thread.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Incidentally, is someone posts something extremely horrible about another member, and they should be banned, why should you not use this new system?
I think that's what the new system is for But for example, a lot of people report posts that are not against the rules. I think Steve's just saying that people should only use this when it's actually necessary. If someone's saying something horrible about someone else, I think that would qualify as necessary

Old 09-28-2006, 11:30 PM   #10
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are posts that I don't think it's appropriate but not so bad that the poster should be banned.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 AM   #11

Quote:
I think I'm with you on this Scott. Since you named the four things you have on your posts and they look exactly like what is on my posts!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #12
country flag Deboogle!.

It's in between the report post and the reputation button. Maybe Steve hasn't enabled it for everyone yet, or maybe he thought he did and it's hit a snag that he'll have to work out.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb View Post
It's in between the report post and the reputation button. Maybe Steve hasn't enabled it for everyone yet, or maybe he thought he did and it's hit a snag that he'll have to work out.
Could this be something only Mods can see? Because I can't even see what you are talking about on your own posts
Old 09-29-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Could this be something only Mods can see? Because I can't even see what you are talking about on your own posts
I don't know, as I said, maybe Steve intended for everyone to be able to use it but it didn't work or something. There is a forum just for moderator discussion of these very things, so if it was only for us, I don't think he would've started a thread here.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:54 AM   #15
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

There's absolutely nothing between the 2 icons for me.