Books on Roger - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #16
country flag Eden
Simply the best

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Books on Roger

This is the biography of tennis superstar Roger Federer, the Swiss tennis player regarded as the greatest player in the history of the sport. The book provides an authoritative life storyline for Federer from the background of his parents, to Roger's early days as a temperamental junior tennis player, through his early beginnings in professional tennis to his lifting of the trophies of major tennis tournaments such as Wimbledon and the US Open. Readers will be intrigued with anecdotes from Roger's early years and in professional tennis and on what drives this champion to be great and his constant quest for perfection on the tennis court. The author, the highly-regarded Swiss reporter Rene Stauffer, has had many exclusive interviews over the last decade with Federer, the Federer family and many people Federer encountered and worked with through his journey to the top of the tennis world.

New Chapter Press,U.S.

ISBN-10: 0942257391

Available from: July 2nd, 2007
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #17
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

But, is this the English version of "Das Tennisgenie" by Rene Stauffer or has he written a new one in English??

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #18
country flag Eden
Simply the best

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Point View Post
But, is this the English version of "Das Tennisgenie" by Rene Stauffer or has he written a new one in English??
It's the translated version for sure I would say. Great news that the Non German speaking Roger fans finally get to read this well-written biography
Old 03-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #19
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
It's the translated version for sure I would say. Great news that the Non German speaking Roger fans finally get to read this well-written biography
so would you recommend this book? it's available in N America?

I read Fantastic Federer, which I bought at a Wimbledon Waterstones, and it is an interesting read -- I already knew quite a bit about Rogi's childhood and adolescence, but this book filled in a few blanks about Rogi, so it was still good! You could read it in an evening, it's quite easy.

I also have Rogi's first book by Roger Jaunin, in French, from a few years ago.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #20
country flag Eden
Simply the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88 View Post
so would you recommend this book? it's available in N America?
I don't know if the book will be available in North America. I have found the announcement on the English book page of Amazon.de, but there was nothing on Amazon.com . But I would recommend you to ask your local book-seller if he can order the book for you.

I found the book really informative and it was a real pleasure to read. It was the first biography I have ever read about Roger. The writer has followed Rogers career since 1996 and knows him quite good.

Quote:
I read Fantastic Federer, which I bought at a Wimbledon Waterstones, and it is an interesting read -- I already knew quite a bit about Rogi's childhood and adolescence, but this book filled in a few blanks about Rogi, so it was still good! You could read it in an evening, it's quite easy.
Unfortunately I still haven't read that book, so I can't compare it with the one of Rene Stauffer.

Quote:
I also have Rogi's first book by Roger Jaunin, in French, from a few years ago.
I have the German edition of that book too. It isn't as informative as the one of Rene Stauffer, but the pictures in it are really great and worth to buy it.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 AM   #21
country flag TenHound

TenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond reputeTenHound has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Eden. You must have been reading my mind. I've been debating doing a thread inquiring if this had been translated. Am. Amazon doesn't list it yet, but publishers address is here, not in England. They've sure been slow doing it. I've been waiting impatiently since it first came out & was said to be very good.
TenHound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #22
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!!
Is that written in English ? How can find it ?
I ask HK Biggest Book shop , the shopkeeper said they didn't have it.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #23
country flag Eden
Simply the best

Now the book is listed on the amazon.com page as well. It will be available there from September 1st for $24,95.

http://www.amazon.com/Quest-Perfecti...3649829&sr=1-1
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou so much!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:13 AM   #25
country flag Whistleway

Whistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond reputeWhistleway has a reputation beyond repute

I know these are already posted. any how,

Fantastic Federer - http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Fede...dp/1844542785/

Quest for Perfection: The Roger Federer Story - http://www.amazon.com/Quest-Perfecti...dp/0942257391/

I am going to try to buy Fantastic Federer and read it. Anyone selling their used one (in US?). Thanks.
Whistleway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #26
country flag SUKTUEN

I am waiting for buy Roger Federer story too~~
Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #27
country flag Eden
Simply the best

Have anyone of you read the "Quest for perfection" book by Rene Stauffer meanwhile? If yes, what are your thoughts about it?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the middle of reading it ... and liking it. For me it is a better and more in depth book than Fantastic Federer - which I found a little disappointing. While there are obviously lots of well known facts, there is some detail that I didn't and clearly the writer knows Federer personally.
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 AM   #29
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

I want to order it. But I dont have money.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #30
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't recommend Fantastic Federer, it's a good read but its not 'really that revealing' if you're a hard-core Roger fan! Everything in it is already in the public domain (unfortunately the internet means we have finger-tip access info) , its also short in detail something that a biograohy as aappose to autobiographies tend to be, for example, were and how was roger when he found out Peter Carter died, what was his immiediate reaction, who broke the news to him, how he felt when the media started attacking Mirka when she restricted his media duties to allow him to rest...etc and although a quest for perfection will have some input from family members and a couple of roger interviews here and there i doubt it will give an insight into roger, we'll just have to wait for the autobiography, to get into roger's head...besides I always wait for player to retire or have long careers before I really get into their stories...that's why Boris Becker's and John McEnroes is such a great read, it honest in a way that a player on the tour will find it difficult to be!! , i.e. what really goes on in the locker room or how they feel about the other players, their feelings on their coaches and nearest rivals, dealing with the media..that sort of thing...when players write books mid-career (which roger has yet to do) I feel like its a unifinished story and their narrative is usually restricted by what agents and sponsors will allow them to write, not to mention their views are still competitve and their less likely to be honest in their appraisal of their game...I can understand players releasing biographies in the height of their fame (strike while the iron is hot and all that) but because I read so many biographies (like roger does) I want the gritty stuff, the brutally honest, PR free fluff that usually comes out of active players!

Last edited by tennis2tennis : 08-02-2007 at 07:10 AM.
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote