Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 78 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #1156
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
What? This fiasco of an indoor season?
lori, juan play most of the year great, so if i were you i would appreciate that fact that he went from 485 in the world to world number 11, he deserves it, and you know it because you are a fan of him jus like me, im very very proud of him and you should do the same

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #1157
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Bye guys, I'm done with MTF for life. It was nice to meet with you. Vamos Juan.
lawrence
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #1158
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bye guys, I'm done with MTF for life. It was nice to meet with you. Vamos Juan.
lawrence
What happened? You can't let MTF and the clowning get to you if that's what it is/was. At least come around for the DC.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #1159
country flag JMDP

JMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond reputeJMDP has a reputation beyond repute

From the ATP site: COUNTDOWN TO 2012 - WHAT'S IN STORE FOR DELPO?

As part of our 'Countdown to 2012' series, ATPWorldTour.com looks at the impact Juan Martin del Potro could have in the upcoming season.

Del Potro was voted 2011 ATP World Tour Comeback Player of the Year after rising from a low of No. 485 in January to finish World No. 11 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings. The Argentine closed the season with an impressive showing in the Davis Cup final, pushing David Ferrer to five sets and Rafael Nadal to four sets in two exhilarating clay-court contests, and the tennis world will be looking on to see if the 'Tower of Tandil' can re-establish himself as a Top 5 player and Grand Slam contender in the upcoming season.

Two years ago it was a very different story for del Potro, who had returned home to great fanfare after becoming the first Argentine player to win the US Open title since 1977, beating Roger Federer in a gripping five-set final, and finishing runner-up at the year-end Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (l. to Davydenko). But 2010 was a year to forget for the 23 year old, who was restricted to just six matches as he underwent right wrist surgery in May.

The right hander made a strong return to action this past season, winning two ATP World Tour titles at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships (d. Tipsarevic) and the Estoril Open (d. Verdasco), reaching the final at the Erste Bank Open in Vienna (l. to Tsonga), and nearly earning one of the coveted eight berths at the year-end Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

Del Potro is the only player outside the trio of Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal to have tasted Grand Slam glory in the past seven years, since Marat Safin defeated Lleyton Hewitt in the 2005 Australian Open final. The Top 3 players have accounted for every Roland Garros crown since 2004 (Gaston Gaudio) and every Wimbledon trophy since 2002 (Hewitt).

The Argentine’s booming ground strokes, including the blistering forehand that ultimately battered Federer into submission in the 2009 final at Flushing Meadows, earned him a place among the elite Top 4 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings in January 2010. The Argentine goes into 2012 as one of the most likely contenders to dislodge the ‘Big Four’ of Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Andy Murray, and could make early inroads with an impactful showing at the Australian Open, where he was a quarter-finalist in 2009 (l. to Federer).

Del Potro will start the 2012 season at the Apia International Sydney, hoping for a strong performance ahead of the first major championship of the year in Melbourne. Having already proven his Grand Slam credentials at the 2009 US Open, now fully fit and close to his best form, del Potro is set to be one of the leading contenders at Melbourne Park.

JMDP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #1160
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Just close to his best form? I want him to be now fully fit and in his best form for 2012!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #1161
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty tough draw in Sydney. Baghdatis and Lopez are early dangers.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #1162
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Juan, Vamos.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #1163
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.canchallena.com/1438290-d...-ante-alemania

Juan Martin has decided not to play the DC first round tie away to Germany next month citing risk of injury due to changing of surfaces (hard courts to clay, then back to hard courts).
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #1164
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
http://www.canchallena.com/1438290-d...-ante-alemania

Juan Martin has decided not to play the DC first round tie away to Germany next month citing risk of injury due to changing of surfaces (hard courts to clay, then back to hard courts).
His first smart decision in years.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #1165
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Playing Estoril again:

from the ATP site:

uan Martin del Potro will return to the Estadio Nacional this year in a bid to retain his Estoril Open title.

The Argentinean, who will be making his third appearance at the ATP World Tour 250 clay-court tournament, beat Fernando Verdasco 6-2, 6-2 in last year's final.

The 23rd edition of the Estoril Open runs from 28 April to 6 May 2012.

Buy Tickets | Visit Official Website

"I'm delighted to have the chance of defending my title at the Estoril Open, a tournament of which I keep found memories, not only for the victory itself," said del Potro, "but above all for the fact that it was in Portugal, where I fully recovered my confidence after the wrist injury."

Tournament Director Joao Lagos said, "It is always a true pleasure to welcome back a former Estoril Open champion, even more when he comes with the desire of retaining his title, as it is the case with Juan Martin del Potro - the first top player we are proud to announce in the same week as he returns to the world's Top 10."

Del Potro, who is currently No. 10 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, reached the Australian Open quarter-finals (l. to Federer) earlier this month.

When asked about his decision to return to Estoril, del Potro said, "In 2011, I lost in Paris to Novak Djokovic, at that time producing one of the best seasons ever seen in tennis history. But I believe I can go further this year, and there's no better way to start preparing Roland Garros, that doing it at the Estoril Open.

"Starting with the magnificent scenario of the Cascais Miragem Hotel, to the lounge services, the food quality and the hospitality of all the tournament staff, everything went just perfect last year. Of course, I couldn't forget the meeting with my fellow countrymen from SL Benfica, and their support at the tennis tournament, which is something that really pleased me."

In 2011, on his comeback from a wrist injury, he earned the ATP Comeback Of The Year award after capturing two titles (also the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships).
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #1166
I wanna taste u.

He wants to defend his title in beautiful Estroil
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 AM   #1167
I wanna taste u.

Juan is also playing in Marselle

http://www.open13.fr/
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/T...Marseille.aspx
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #1168
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
His first smart decision in years.
how to damn with faint praise
Sweetspot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #1169
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

A Big thank you to Getta for finding this and letting me post.

http://mariposaxprs.wordpress.com/20...-la-bombonera/
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #1170
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
A Big thank you to Getta for finding this and letting me post.

http://mariposaxprs.wordpress.com/20...-la-bombonera/

Good cardio.