Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 74 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #1096
country flag misst89

misst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond reputemisst89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Ah okay, fair enough He'll be back for the davis cup anyway.

Quote:
q. what was the joke? we couldn’t understand on the tv.

jmdp: no, i did with the towel his face. what, you was watching the tomic match?
misst89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #1097
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
he wants to be high on spirits and energy reserves in Sevilla
I am planning to be high on spirits that weekend too
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #1098
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
I am planning to be high on spirits that weekend too
I got a mason jar full of certain spirits that might burn a hole in your gut. Legally obtained, of course.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #1099
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
I got a mason jar full of certain spirits that might burn a hole in your gut. Legally obtained, of course.
I prefer gentle spirits just like this gentle giant
Old 10-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #1100
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I prefer a good red wine, but I have the other just in case. Mostly because the one doctor I work with always asks me to get some for him and I finally found some.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #1101
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 View Post
Ah okay, fair enough He'll be back for the davis cup anyway.
He'll be playing Stockholm, Vienna and Valencia 3 weeks in a row and then he has 3 weeks off until DC. Yes I just checked up on all that
Old 10-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #1102
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He'll be playing Stockholm, Vienna and Valencia 3 weeks in a row and then he has 3 weeks off until DC. Yes I just checked up on all that
hmm, i'm gonna go see him in the flesh playing brilliantly at Bercy. lucky me, i know.

so, that makes four weeks in a row and two weeks off until DC. and, maybe i will go to the show in Sevilla.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #1103
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
hmm, i'm gonna go see him in the flesh playing brilliantly at Bercy. lucky me, i know.

so, that makes four weeks in a row and two weeks off until DC. and, maybe i will go to the show in Sevilla.
Couldn't find a list of players for that one so lucky you; have a wonderful time and Seville too ; I am so jealous.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #1104
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Player To Watch: Juan Martin del Potro ( from ATP website)

Del Potro is playing in his first tournament since falling to Gilles Simon in the third round of the US Open. The 23 year old helped Argentina clinch its Davis Cup final berth in September with two singles rubbers victories. After missing the majority of the 2010 season with a wrist injury, del Potro has re-established himself with a 42-12 season record, highlighted by titles in Delray Beach (d. Tipsarevic) and Estoril (d. Verdasco). His ranking has risen from No. 485 on 31 January to as high as 13th (19 September). The Argentine is currently in 12th position in the Battle For London with four weeks to go.

Battle For The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
There are three spots remaining for the season-ending event in London after Shanghai runner-up David Ferrer locked up the fifth berth last week. The three players ranked sixth through eighth in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Year To Date Rankings are not competing this week.

Del Potro (12th with 2,050 points) is the highest Finals contender in action, but Janko Tipsarevic is right behind him (13th with 2040 points). Alexandr Dolgopolov (14th with 1,835 points) and Gael Monfils (15th with 1,765 points) are also competing this week. Tipsarevic could face Dolgopolov in the Moscow final, while del Potro and Monfils are seeded to meet in Stockholm’s title match.

With the exception of del Potro, all of these London hopefuls are looking to qualify for the year-end championships for the first time. Del Potro finished runner-up to Nikolay Davydenko in 2009 when the event made its debut at the O2 arena.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #1105
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Peter Bodo Blog
Why Juan Martin del Potro is the X factor
October, 21, 2011
Oct 21
10:24
AM ET

"Every once in a while, you get an X factor in tennis, a circumstance or individual who might unexpectedly have an enormous impact on the status quo or force the obvious script to go awry.

A change of surface at a tournament, a rainout, the switch to a new and different ball, the emergence of a new star or the resurgence of a veteran can all have a significant effect on the way things work out. The X factor in tennis right now is Juan Martin del Potro.

Del Potro hadn't hit a ball at an ATP tournament since the U.S. Open until he started in Stockholm this past Thursday. It was mildly surprising that he skipped all the Asian events; maybe he decided the karma is bad for him across the Pacific after he lost a pair first-rounders there last year (Bangkok and Tokyo) and promptly pulled the plug on what turned out to be a premature comeback.

DelPo couldn't have expected too much of himself at those fall of 2010 events, given that he hadn't played at all since January of that year because of a wrist injury that required surgery. But he came on strong again in 2011, until a disappointing summer left him high and dry at his present ranking of No. 15. Weeks ago, he declared that he skipped the Asian circuit because he wanted to prepare for the Davis Cup final.

Spain will host Argentina in that Davis Cup final, the last official tennis event of the year, in early December on an indoor clay court in Seville, Spain. But don't get the idea that Delpo locked himself away in some indoor facility to work on his clay-court game. He's got a full plate of indoor hard-court events on his docket -- so much so that you wonder if he won't have shot his wad by the time the Davis Cup final rolls around.

DelPo, who lost to James Blake in Stockholm, will play in Vienna, Valencia and the final Masters 1000 event of the year, the Paris Indoors. That is, he doesn't have a single week off until the end of Paris. And if he qualifies for Paris, he'll have just one week of rest before facing Rafael Nadal & Co. on clay in Seville. To me, it sounds like DelPo is preparing for the ATP World Tour Finals, not the Davis Cup.

Presently, DelPo is four places out from qualifying for the elite eight, who will clash in London's O2 Arena come Nov. 20. But he's been as ranked as high as No. 4, has won a major, and he's already neck-and-neck with all the players below No. 8, where Jo-Wilfried Tsonga sits with a significant cushion (with 2790 ranking points, he leads DelPo by some 700-plus points -- a significant but not insurmountable margin). DelPo has no points to defend, while Tsonga has just 90.

Should DelPo win Vienna (ATP 250) and Valencia (ATP 500), he'll be in a dead heat with Tsonga going into the big Paris indoors tournament. But though DelPo's drive to qualify for the year-end championships is the main storyline, he could play a significant role in a few of the other narratives.

DelPo has enough power and range to hurt No. 1 Novak Djokovic. Nadal hasn't exactly been himself this year, and DelPo once put together a three-match hard-court win streak over the No. 2 (it included a win in the U.S. Open semis). And, of course, he hammered Roger Federer in the 2009 U.S. Open final, and later that year at the World Tour Finals as well (Delpo is 2-1 against Federer in their past three meetings on hard courts).

Sometimes it's hard to sustain interest in tennis as the year winds down in Asia and Europe, which is why it's good to have an X factor in play. Del Potro is armed for bear. He's 6-foot-6 and he owns a 100 mph-plus forehand and a big serve. That's not just an X factor -- that's an XL factor."
Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #1106
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

ATP site:

Juan Martin del Potro admitted on Monday that capping his stunning comeback season at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and a spot in the year-end Top 10 will be a tough assignment. The Argentine remains very much alive in the battle for one of three remaining singles berths in London, but the modest giant is doing his best to play down his chances.

Competing at the Erste Bank Open in Vienna this week, del Potro said, "It would be nice to finish the year in the Top 10, but I am a little far. It has been a very good year and I am getting better day-by-day."

The 23-year-old del Potro was ranked No. 485 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on 31 January, after a wrist injury dented his 2010 season. He is currently No. 13 in the South African Airways 2011 Year-To-Date ATP Rankings, 740 points behind Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, with only the Top 8 players qualifying for London.

Del Potro could mathematically qualify for London with strong performances in Vienna, the Valencia Open 500 and the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris. He is also looking forward to the prospect of helping Argentina lift its first Davis Cup title against Spain in December.

"This year we play [the Davis Cup final] away on clay courts," he said. "It is very difficult to beat Nadal at home, but we have a good team with [David] Nalbandian, [Juan] Monaco and [Juan Ignacio] Chela. Maybe we can cause an upset. It is probably the trickiest final for Argentina."

Del Potro, who is the second seed in Vienna this week, is scheduled to play his opening match against either Pablo Andujar or Philipp Petzschner in the second round on Wednesday. He has a 42-14 match record on the season, including titles at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships (d. Tipsarevic) and Estoril Open (d. Verdasco).

"Hopefully, with rest and good training, I will be able to start next season strongly. It would be good to have a nice seeding at the Australian Open."
Old 10-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #1107
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Good article and yes, he better be careful with predictions and plans.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 AM   #1108
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

yea big predictions means a big hotmess thats for sure what happened in the wta
Old 10-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #1109
country flag Sweetspot

Sweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond reputeSweetspot has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
ATP site:

Juan Martin del Potro admitted on Monday that capping his stunning comeback season at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and a spot in the year-end Top 10 will be a tough assignment. The Argentine remains very much alive in the battle for one of three remaining singles berths in London, but the modest giant is doing his best to play down his chances.

Competing at the Erste Bank Open in Vienna this week, del Potro said, "It would be nice to finish the year in the Top 10, but I am a little far. It has been a very good year and I am getting better day-by-day."

The 23-year-old del Potro was ranked No. 485 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on 31 January, after a wrist injury dented his 2010 season. He is currently No. 13 in the South African Airways 2011 Year-To-Date ATP Rankings, 740 points behind Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, with only the Top 8 players qualifying for London.

Del Potro could mathematically qualify for London with strong performances in Vienna, the Valencia Open 500 and the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris. He is also looking forward to the prospect of helping Argentina lift its first Davis Cup title against Spain in December.

"This year we play [the Davis Cup final] away on clay courts," he said. "It is very difficult to beat Nadal at home, but we have a good team with [David] Nalbandian, [Juan] Monaco and [Juan Ignacio] Chela. Maybe we can cause an upset. It is probably the trickiest final for Argentina."

Del Potro, who is the second seed in Vienna this week, is scheduled to play his opening match against either Pablo Andujar or Philipp Petzschner in the second round on Wednesday. He has a 42-14 match record on the season, including titles at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships (d. Tipsarevic) and Estoril Open (d. Verdasco).

"Hopefully, with rest and good training, I will be able to start next season strongly. It would be good to have a nice seeding at the Australian Open."
this writer is an ignorant bozo:
1. juan is not a "giant," and it is not cool to call him such.
2. juan is not "currently No. 13" as this ATP not-good help wrote.

check it for yourself: juan is No. 15 @ http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx
Sweetspot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #1110
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Have these bad feelings about tomorrow's match....
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote