Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 70 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #1036
country flag harman99

harman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8846577.stm

Fucsovics Márton

Marin Cilic, Juan Martin Del Potro

Verdasco,Tsonga, Troicki, Feli,Tipsarevic

-Soderling, de Bakker, F.Gonzalez, Monaco, Monfils-
harman99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #1037
country flag Buzzie 24's

Buzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely thrilled knowing him will play in my hometown.

But .. yeah I'll wait until September or until he arrives at the airport to make sure then !!
Buzzie 24's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #1038
country flag Buzzie 24's

Buzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzie 24's has a reputation beyond repute

Almost forgot

here's the flyer from PTT Thailand Open 2010

and from the official wesite

Quote:
The PTT Thailand Open 2010 will be highlighted by the participation of the reigning French Open, Wimbledon and US Open champions. The tournament will take place at Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani from 25 September to 3 October.

The world’s #1 tennis player Rafael Nadal, and Juan Martin del Potro will head a line-up that will also feature Olympic champion Fernando Gonzalez and 2010’s break out star Ernests Gulbis.

Thai tennis fans have waited a long time to see the Spanish bull in action, and in 2010 Rafael Nadal is in the best form of his illustrious career, having recently won the French Open title for the fifth time and Wimbledon for the second time. He has been in outstanding form capturing an additional three consecutive Masters 1000 titles this year. “I have been disappointed that I have not been able to play the PTT Thailand Open in previous years,” said Nadal, “but this year with my health and body in good shape, I am really looking forward to playing some great tennis for the Thai fans.”

Nadal’s competition will come from world #7 Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina, who will be making his return to the ATP World Tour after undergoing wrist surgery early in the year. The US Open champion said: “I am looking forward to playing the PTT Thailand Open on my return from injury. I really enjoyed myself on my last visit to Bangkok and hope for good results at this year’s tournament.” Del Potro was ranked at #4 in the world before taking a break for surgery.

Like Nadal, Fernando Gonzalez of Chile will be competing in the event for the first time. Gonzalez has one of the biggest forehands in men’s tennis and his matches are always action-packed affairs. The Chilean is the winner of 11 titles on the ATP World Tour and has been ranked as high as #5. “I have never played in Bangkok but have heard wonderful things about the city and the tournament, so I’m really looking forward to playing the PTT Thailand Open this year,” Gonzalez said.

Latvia’s Ernests Gulbis has made the biggest rise in the ATP Top 100 this year. At last year’s PTT Thailand Open Gulbis was ranked outside the top 100 but is currently ranked at #28 and continuing to rise. His win over Roger Federer at this year’s Rome Masters 1000 was one of the best matches of the year. Gulbis credits his participation in last year’s tournament as the kick start of his improved form: “I played some good tennis and had a great time in Bangkok last year which gave me the confidence to build on in 2010, so I’m really looking forward to returning this year.”

Further big name tennis stars competing in this year’s event will be announced in August. The event will feature a main singles draw of 28 players, a 16-team doubles draw and 32-man Qualifying rounds. This year’s ballgirls for the PTT Thailand Open will once again be selected from contestants in the Miss Thailand World 2010 pageant.

After the astounding success of last year’s racquet drive, PTT will again be running a racquet donation campaign in connection with the tournament and is proud to introduce a new special PTT Family Pack ticket making the event more affordable than ever.

Tickets for the event start at just Bt300 and are available at all Thaiticketmajor outlets from Saturday24 July. Call 02 262 3838 or www.thaiticketmajor.com for more details.
http://www.pttthailandopen.org/news.php?nid=67
Buzzie 24's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #1039
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

^^Awesome
Federer is the best player in history, no other player has ever had such quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger.
Juan Martin del Potro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega DC View Post
I think Almagro could sneak in a Roland Garros title.
In 2013, I see Murray winning everything, including Roland Garros.
dombrfc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #1040
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait!
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #1041
country flag gauloises

gauloises is on a distinguished road

Can anyone give me a quick translation of what he says here? Something about the wrist, something about the US Open, something about Davis Cup ...

I would really appreciate it. Help a linguistically-hampered sister out?

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/vide...834528&cc=7586
gauloises is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #1042
country flag krentak

krentak is on a distinguished road

This is a transcript (in spanish) of the interview.

http://www.ole.com.ar/tenis/titulo_0_332966729.html
krentak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #1043
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

Heres the best I can do:

Del Potro returned from the doctor's OK, and he said he is getting better every day and is on his return to the courts.

Juan Martin del Potro came back yesterday from the United States. Just one year of winning their most important title, the U.S. Open, thee man from Tandil didn't play New York this time. He went to Miami for a doctor to review the right wrist surgery. And this gave him good news, but he is unable to give details on when it will return to the courts, although he has enrolled in the Bangkok ATP event (27) and ATP Tokyo event (4 / 10). Delpo is going step by step, with a return that is predicted to be getting closer, as he told ESPN: "In Miami I did control tests. The doctor found me to be doing well. But I had to stop training, so no less for the back(?) "

- At what stage of recovery are you?

"I'm at the part where, when I feel good playing, I'll start. The hand is fine, physically I'm getting better, so when i find my rhythm, it can start.

- How did you feel by not playing the U.S. Open?

"This week it has not been a good time, is the tournament of my life. Also, see the semifinal of the Davis Cup is going to be painful for me. But I'll be like the whole country, encouraging kids. This time I have to fight it from outside.

- From Monday you will be outside top ten. Are you worried about the ranking?

"No, I do not care. I had a pretty bad all year and I began to appreciate other things in life, rather than hitting the ball. So what I love most is back on the court and enjoy it. Took the opportunity to spend much time with family and friends. I learned that life does not happen only because of the racket and the ball. I believe this has came from the long injury I have. If you do not have this often go on automatic and you're not aware of what life is outside tennis.

- How do you see the team doing in the Davis Cup semi?

"I think it will be a close game (with France). David (Nalbandian) is raising his level, and the team always performs well. Hopefully he (David) can win his singles and the other 'kids' who are playing to win the doubles as well. Continue as well as they have done.
Federer is the best player in history, no other player has ever had such quality.
Quote:
Juan Martin del Potro

Quote:

Last edited by dombrfc : 09-14-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #1044
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear he's almost ready to start playing again.

Cmon JM!!!

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 6 semi-finals, 5 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 13 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $30,651,672 (6th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 435-135...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #1045
country flag dombrfc

Just showed it to a 100% fluent speaker.. they said my transcription was largely accurate.

Great hes coming back soon, just a little concerned about the level hes gonna show upon his return :/
Quote:
Juan Martin del Potro

Quote:
Old 09-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #1046
country flag LucasArg

LucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond reputeLucasArg has a reputation beyond repute

That interview is useless I have seen it on TV and i was already pissed. He does not say when he is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LucasArg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #1047
country flag LaFuria

LaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond reputeLaFuria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dombrfc View Post
Just showed it to a 100% fluent speaker.. they said my transcription was largely accurate.

Great hes coming back soon, just a little concerned about the level hes gonna show upon his return :/
Yeah, your translation is fine.

He seems positive but he's being kind of vague about when he's going to return. Hopefully he starts next year focused.
LaFuria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #1048
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute

oh i cant help but remember how diffrent things were this time last year for delpo =( injuries SUCK!

and yeah the delpo team are the Kings of vague...never giving to much false hope i guess
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
Q:What sound do you hate? -A:When Maria Sharapova plays tennis-[JuanMonaco][♥]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
xohxmyx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #1049
country flag gauloises

gauloises is on a distinguished road

Thank you dombrfc for your translation I really appreciate it.

I'm still clinging to hope that he'll come back for Bercy, because I'm going to be there and I really want to see him. But it might be better not to come back at all in 2010.

Honestly, I don't care when, just as long as he comes back fully healthy.
gauloises is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #1050
country flag dombrfc

Its cool

Maybe it could be good to come back at the end of 2010 to experiment with stuff and get back into the groove.
Quote:
Juan Martin del Potro

Quote: