Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #91
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

yes, Rosie... as i said in the report he played more fresh and more "seriously" than Chucho, maybe because he is so young and Chucho was tired after Davis Cup stress...i coudln't see the entire match (my son felt sick) but i coudl see his superb backhand and that he needs to be more stronger as he said to the press...you just see him so thin on the court!!

tonight Vilas will make an interview with him...we'll see what he say
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #92
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the article and it sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. I hope I finally get to see him play in the coming year after reading about him all this past year.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #93
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
yes, Rosie... as i said in the report he played more fresh and more "seriously" than Chucho, maybe because he is so young and Chucho was tired after Davis Cup stress...i coudln't see the entire match (my son felt sick) but i coudl see his superb backhand and that he needs to be more stronger as he said to the press...you just see him so thin on the court!!

tonight Vilas will make an interview with him...we'll see what he say
Thanks for the report. Sorry your son was sick - I hope he gets better soon. And, yes - I would be interested to hear about the Vilas interview.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #94
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Thanks for the report. Sorry your son was sick - I hope he gets better soon. And, yes - I would be interested to hear about the Vilas interview.
my son is better, thanks, Rosie...
Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #95
country flag maria87

these are just words on JMDP said by Nalbandian on an interview for Olé
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20061216

—¿A quién ves si no estuvieras, pensando que será en cancha rápida?

—Me lavo las manos, que decida Mancini, ja. Juan Martín del Potro es superinteresante para tenerlo en cuenta. No lo descartaría.

R- Who do you see if you were not, (playing in Austria for Davis Cup), thinking on the fast surface?
N- I don't want to go into it, Mancini has to decide,(laugh). Juan Martín del Potro is a very interesting option. I would think about it.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #96
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
these are just words on JMDP said by Nalbandian on an interview for Olé
http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pag...fecha=20061216

—¿A quién ves si no estuvieras, pensando que será en cancha rápida?

—Me lavo las manos, que decida Mancini, ja. Juan Martín del Potro es superinteresante para tenerlo en cuenta. No lo descartaría.

R- Who do you see if you were not, (playing in Austria for Davis Cup), thinking on the fast surface?
N- I don't want to go into it, Mancini has to decide,(laugh). Juan Martín del Potro is a very interesting option. I would think about it.
Well, personally, I think it is very likely that JM will be called to go to Austria. He has to get some experience in DC somewhere for the future, and a tie against "lesser" opposition could be a good place to start. Not meaning any offence to Austria or their players - but they are obviously not of the calibre of countries like Spain, USA or France. Also - without Nalbandian and Chela, the options of an Argentine player who can play well on faster surfaces are severely limited - Acasuso, Cañas and Calleri are obvious contenders I would have thought - but who else? JM would certainly make a better 4th player than Gaudio or Coria I think

If he does get chosen, I guess this will change his schedule somewhat, as I can't see him going to the States to play in a US tournament the week before DC because of the time difference etc. Maybe he will elect to play in Zagreb instead, as that is the same time zone as Austria, a very short journey between the two, a similar temperature/weather etc. and a fast surface. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 12-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #97
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

It would definitely be a good experience for JM to take part to that 1st round.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #98
country flag maria87

Quote:
Well, personally, I think it is very likely that JM will be called to go to Austria. He has to get some experience in DC somewhere for the future, and a tie against "lesser" opposition could be a good place to start. Not meaning any offence to Austria or their players - but they are obviously not of the calibre of countries like Spain, USA or France. Also - without Nalbandian and Chela, the options of an Argentine player who can play well on faster surfaces are severely limited - Acasuso, Cañas and Calleri are obvious contenders I would have thought - but who else? JM would certainly make a better 4th player than Gaudio or Coria I think

If he does get chosen, I guess this will change his schedule somewhat, as I can't see him going to the States to play in a US tournament the week before DC because of the time difference etc. Maybe he will elect to play in Zagreb instead, as that is the same time zone as Austria, a very short journey between the two, a similar temperature/weather etc. and a fast surface. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
agree, Rosie, very well thought! we'll see what happens. I think too Chucho, Calleri, Cañas (who is doing really well on hard now) and JMDP would be a good option.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #99
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
agree, Rosie, very well thought! we'll see what happens. I think too Chucho, Calleri, Cañas (who is doing really well on hard now) and JMDP would be a good option.
Perhaps more hoped than thought Maria! You see, I used to live and work in Zagreb -and I have many friends there, including one with an apartment about 5 minutes' walk from the tennis centre! If JM played there it would be great for me - I could visit some friends as well as watch tennis, and it would cost me nothing but my fare to get there Now do you see why I like to think on those lines Also - I know that JM loved Umag and Croatia and the people there - I am sure he would love Zagreb too!

Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 PM   #100
country flag maria87

Quote:
Perhaps more hoped than thought Maria! You see, I used to live and work in Zagreb -and I have many friends there, including one with an apartment about 5 minutes' walk from the tennis centre! If JM played there it would be great for me - I could visit some friends as well as watch tennis, and it would cost me nothing but my fare to get there Now do you see why I like to think on those lines Also - I know that JM loved Umag and Croatia and the people there - I am sure he would love Zagreb too!
wonderful, Rosie! i really want your wish comes true! there is one beautiful thing we can enjoy: to be in a good tournament and have a good time there and see our fav players! i had that joy and i wish you the same for Zagreb!
maria87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #101
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
wonderful, Rosie! i really want your wish comes true! there is one beautiful thing we can enjoy: to be in a good tournament and have a good time there and see our fav players! i had that joy and i wish you the same for Zagreb!
Thanks But if not - well I will just have to wait for Roland Garros or one of the smaller clay court tournaments in April/May. I am lucky in Europe - there are so many tournaments close by - it's just that Zagreb would have been extra nice because of my friends.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #102
country flag maria87

Quote:
Thanks But if not - well I will just have to wait for Roland Garros or one of the smaller clay court tournaments in April/May. I am lucky in Europe - there are so many tournaments close by - it's just that Zagreb would have been extra nice because of my friends.
oh Rosie, you are really lucky if you could go to see Rolland Garros! i love it just as Marat does!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #103
country flag maria87

Quote:
oh Rosie, you are really lucky if you could go to see Rolland Garros! i love it just as Marat does and all the argentinians players too!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:47 AM   #104
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
oh Rosie, you are really lucky if you could go to see Rolland Garros! i love it just as Marat does and all the argentinians players too!
Yes - I go to Roland Garros every year. It's only 2 and a half hours on the train from London (on the Channel Tunnel train). I love it there - the atmosphere is great - and because it's so convenient for all those living in UK, France and Germany, so many of us MTF girls (me, Choupi, Elea, Washa Koroleeva, Maratski and Damita from the Safin Forum for example) always meet up there every year and have a wonderful time.You should try and make it one year - an Argentine girlfriend of mine came over a couple of years ago and she loved it there, and I have two friends from the States who meet with me there every year too We watched JM through quallies there earlier this year - you see so many great players at very close quarters and practice is free to watch and very accessible for photos etc.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #105
country flag maria87

Quote:
Yes - I go to Roland Garros every year. It's only 2 and a half hours on the train from London (on the Channel Tunnel train). I love it there - the atmosphere is great - and because it's so convenient for all those living in UK, France and Germany, so many of us MTF girls (me, Choupi, Elea, Washa Koroleeva, Maratski and Damita from the Safin Forum for example) always meet up there every year and have a wonderful time.You should try and make it one year - an Argentine girlfriend of mine came over a couple of years ago and she loved it there, and I have two friends from the States who meet with me there every year too We watched JM through quallies there earlier this year - you see so many great players at very close quarters and practice is free to watch and very accessible for photos etc.
fantastic description, Rosie! you are right, i should try! i was in Paris last November and i am planning to go there again for work, so maybe

i didn't know it was so close to London! 2 hours and half...i always wanted to know London and i couldn't till now. We'll see what happens next.