Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #436
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawalya View Post
Hi Juan , if you're reading......

i love you

hola juanito
i love u too
add me, call me, whatever
if u are reading this

Last edited by safinafan : 06-16-2009 at 05:19 PM.
safinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #437
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Delpo is on the DC team (Again ) with Acasuso, Monaco, Mayer and Vassallo as sparring.. vs R.C.

They will train from July 2 to 5 on Paris and then go to R.C ..

Source.. (In spanish)

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #438
country flag rawalya

rawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond repute

sad for Nalby he's missing

but Delpo with Chucho and Pico

i'm going to vote for ARG team , the most good looking team definitely !!

...DelPo... .......... ...Gillou...

--- I - wAnNa - - MuZZa ---

-- PicO -- MariN - MaRio -- NoLe -- Jim CharDY -- a.RoD -- T.FerNandEs --
rawalya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #439
country flag nab_94

nab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond repute

PARIS

Last edited by nab_94 : 06-18-2009 at 01:46 PM.
nab_94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #440
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure they will easily win
Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #441
country flag safinafan

June 20, 2009
Is Juan Martin del Potro too tall to win Wimbledon?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6543157.ece

Nobody who regularly observes the upper reaches of the men’s game doubts that Juan Martin del Potro is on the threshold of great achievements. He has the bearing of a champion, is serious and hard working and among the small group who can legitimately aspire to replace Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal at the summit he is the youngest, the biggest and the strongest.

According to Federer, Del Potro “has made considerable progress and I’m certain he’s going to be a great player in the future”. That assessment was made shortly after Del Potro took Federer to the five-set limit in the semi-finals of the French Open, a match Del Potro dominated for three sets before his stamina ran low, hardly a black mark against a 20-year-old.

Nadal’s uncle and coach, Toni, is another admirer of the giant Argentine. “He has the personality, ambition and potential to get to the top of the world rankings,” he said. “He had an amazing year last year, so we knew he would turn into a dangerous rival.” Toni Nadal was referring to a streak of form that included 23 wins in a row and took Del Potro from 65th to 13th in the rankings. Since then he has risen to No 5 and taken several notable scalps, including Nadal’s in the Masters Series event in Miami.

Del Potro’s great leap forward began after last year’s Wimbledon and his notable wins have been on hard courts, on which he has won three ATP tour titles, and clay, on which he has won two. Which prompts the question: can he do it on grass? Could he possibly be Wimbledon champion?

In two visits to Wimbledon, Del Potro has hardly set the turf alight. On his debut at SW19 in 2007, he beat a clay-courter in the first round and ran into Federer in the second, losing weakly. Last year, another Swiss, Stanislas Wawrinka, beat him in straight sets at the same stage. But his Wimbledon seeding of No 5 underlines that it would surely be a mistake to dismiss Del Potro as one of the legion who regard the small window of the grass-court season as an unwelcome interlude.

With a mighty and varied service and tremendous athleticism, Del Potro has the raw material to blast his way through to the business end of the championships. If he were to win, Del Potro, at 6ft 6in, would be the tallest Wimbledon champion of them all. And therein lies the conundrum.

Historically, the champions have grown taller as the decades have passed. But this is not basketball. There’s a limit, a point at which the obvious advantage of serving cannonballs from a great height is outweighed by limited flexibility and difficulty in bending to the low bounces encountered on grass.

The example most cited is that of Ivo Karlovic, at 6ft 10in the tallest man to play the Championships. He is a man-mountain with a serve to match but the rest of his game is limited and brittle. In 2005, he served 51 aces in his first-round match against Daniele Bracciali (5ft 11in), the Wimbledon record, and somehow managed to lose. When Karlovic goes on court with another big server, such as Andy Roddick, every set is decided by a tiebreak and you wonder why they bother with the games that precede them.

Karlovic is too big and these days just about everyone under 6ft is too small. It seems hardly conceivable that a man as short as Rod Laver (5ft 8in) could win the title today. The smallest man ever to compete at Wimbledon, incidentally, was Felicisimo Ampon of the Philippines, who was 4ft 11in. In 1952 he took Frank Sedgman, who won the championship that year, to five sets.

So is Del Potro too big? Or, to put it more precisely, is he too inflexible? Not in the view of Tony Pickard, who coached Stefan Edberg (6ft 2in), that incomparable exponent of serve and volley, to three Wimbledon finals, with two wins. “Del Potro looks to have the perfect frame, from top to bottom,” Pickard said. “He’s a very fine athlete, a thoroughbred. He moves really well, so his size doesn’t count against him. But to take full advantage of his height and power he needs to learn to move forwards as well as sideways.” In Pickard’s view, Del Potro must serve his grass court apprenticeship.

“These days, with the players staying mostly around the baseline, the movement is all lateral. The art of moving forward seems to have gone. When Wimbledon came round, I used to say to Stefan, ‘When I see you moving to the net, you’re not fast enough. When I see you floating there, you are quick enough’. To play serve and volley, it is essential to make your first volley from a metre or more inside the service box. It’s the difference between hitting your first volley from around your ankles and hitting between your knee and hip. When you have a higher volley, you can do what you want with it.

“I think it’s important for Del Potro to serve and volley at least some of the time. Otherwise, his opponents can knock the ball back without worrying about where he is. And he can volley, all right. He showed that in Paris. He has a super serve and he can move his opponent around with his second serve. That’s what Stefan did and it gave him that extra time to close in on the net.”

If Del Potro is to make a serious attempt at winning Wimbledon, he could do no better than watch video recordings of Edberg, a master at getting to the net, closing the angles and delivering the killing volley. Del Potro has the serve, the power and the athleticism.

What he needs is mental flexibility. He needs to learn to love grass and to adapt his game to its requirements. If he can manage that, he can take the next big step from being a danger to becoming a Wimbledon champion.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #442
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

J Del Potro - 23 June 2009
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...ersonalization
Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Q. That's your first time on grass since Wimbledon last year. It looked pretty impressive to me. Were you pleased?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I had a good start in this Wimbledon. Clement is a good player. He knows how can you play in this surface. He did quarterfinals last year and was very tough for first time against him. I didn't read much, I did everything, serves, volleys, returns, and it was more easy than I was thinking before the match.

Q. How was your preparation for Wimbledon? How long have you been practicing on grass?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: For a week. I was sick five days at home, and then I started to prepare this tournament in Argentina. But I practiced for a week, like eight days or nine days.

Q. In Argentina on grass?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yes.

Q. You don't have any grass courts, do you? Is it more like on a cricket ground?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: It's very new thing in Argentina, playing in grass court. We have just two or three grass courts there, but they are good courts where we can practice for sure.

Q. How do you like grass to play on?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I prefer hard court for sure, but sometimes it's fine, you play here, and I want to learn play this surface. I don't know if I can win this tournament someday, but I'm trying. I want to improve my game in this kind of surface.

Q. What advantage is being so tall to you on grass with the serving?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: With the serve, my movements, my volleys, I think I have an advantage over small players. But sometimes could be difficult to move or to play slow balls. But now I'm doing good, so I have to win the same way.

Q. You're playing Lleyton Hewitt next?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yes.

Q. Have you played him before?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, I never played him. Will be very tough.

Q. Is it an exaggeration to say you might be starting to fall in love with Wimbledon or get more interested in it?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, of course. If I be here, it's because I have a chance to do a good tournament. When I go into the court I will always think in the victory and do my things. Now I have a very good player in front of me, but I have my weapons, I have my games, and I am confident with that and try to beat him.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #443
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the postings I really like this guy. He has matured quite nicely on the court and I hope for better things to come!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #444
country flag skywater

skywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond repute

"I was sick five days at home"

poor boy~~~i think this is the reason why he didn't go to that exhibition match
skywater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 AM   #445
country flag rawalya

rawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond reputerawalya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywater View Post
"I was sick five days at home"

poor boy~~~i think this is the reason why he didn't go to that exhibition match

and there were no news about his illness !!

little poor boy

...DelPo... .......... ...Gillou...

--- I - wAnNa - - MuZZa ---

-- PicO -- MariN - MaRio -- NoLe -- Jim CharDY -- a.RoD -- T.FerNandEs --
rawalya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #446
country flag nab_94

nab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond reputenab_94 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai. View Post
[b]J Del Potro - 23 June 2009
Q. Is it an exaggeration to say you might be starting to fall in love with Wimbledon or get more interested in it?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, of course. If I be here, it's because I have a chance to do a good tournament. When I go into the court I will always think in the victory and do my things. Now I have a very good player in front of me, but I have my weapons, I have my games, and I am confident with that and try to beat him.
Good answer Juan
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #447
country flag Angel333

Angel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond reputeAngel333 has a reputation beyond repute

Did u all know that Juan is on twitter - Name (delpo). I recognized it when i become a member of twitter!!!!

Juan Martin del Potro
US OPEN CHAMPION 2009

Angel333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #448
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel333 View Post
Did u all know that Juan is on twitter - Name (delpo). I recognized it when i become a member of twitter!!!!
Sorry but is not him
He doesnt write than speak like that

Old 07-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #449
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

On Saturday he will be on paris to meet the DC team..
Tito, Acasuso, Monaco, Mayer, Vassallo Argüello and the junior Arguello are traingin on Centre Sportif du Val D'Or de París
waiting for delpo then on sunday they will fly to RC

Source: AAT

Old 07-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #450
country flag Iris~

Iris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond reputeIris~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai. View Post
On Saturday he will be on paris to meet the DC team..
Tito, Acasuso, Monaco, Mayer, Vassallo Argüello and the junior Arguello are traingin on Centre Sportif du Val D'Or de París
waiting for delpo then on sunday they will fly to RC

Source: AAT
Thx,kai
Does it mean Delpo will not be training in Paris ?
Will Martin and Facu fly to RC,too?
Iris~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote