Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #391
country flag kallisto

kallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

ah okay soeey you did not hear it???

there were some arcticles probably i will search some and scan them.... during the match again roger he said that roger is the son of a hure and he also said some other things about his mother and after the match he said that he would like to kill him( thats not the problem I mean of course the last thing was a joke but you can not say that in front of the media)

I will search some articles okay???

it is not that i do not like him but he should learn to bahve in front of the media...

On nous cache tout , on nous dit rien..

Nole, Ernests,Marat,Enano,Rafa, Tommy, Juan,
kallisto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #392
country flag kallisto

kallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond reputekallisto has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/del...rensohn-110832

okay here is one of the mentioned articles... i am sorry that it is in german...I try to translate it.. probably there are some mistakkes because my german is not that good...

translation: Argentine magazine " minuto uno" listened exactly during del potros match against federer.. The twenty year old argentinian displeased his contrahent( This son of a bitch wins every point)... after the match he said in the spanish press conferebce that in some parts of the match he would loved to kill him.... a spanish reporter affirmed that.. The reporter said that he does not belive that del potro meant also his words serious and that he is only twenty years old and was disappointed..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opppinion he should think about the words he uses and the things he says.. Probably he did not meant that serious , but you can nort say that.. It is neither polite nor fair..

Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #393
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallisto View Post
http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/del...rensohn-110832

okay here is one of the mentioned articles... i am sorry that it is in german...I try to
translate it.. probably there are some mistakkes because my german is not that good...

translation: Argentine magazine " minuto uno" listened exactly during del potros match against
federer.. The twenty year old argentinian displeased his contrahent( This son of a bitch wins
every point)... after the match he said in the spanish press conferebce that in some parts of
the match he would loved to kill him.... a spanish reporter affirmed that.. The reporter said
that he does not belive that del potro meant also his words serious and that he is only twenty
years old and was disappointed..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my opppinion he should think about the words he uses and the things he says.. Probably he did not meant that serious , but you can nort say that.. It is neither polite nor fair..

Well this is the reall note from minuto uno..
an i will translate from Spanish. Is not a bad behavior, if u know juan martin he always make jokes like this.. so get use to it .. and what he said on the court.. COME ON! is no the first one and either the last one..

Code:
"This son of a bitch gets all ... ... his mother shell ...", he heard Del Potro, 
according to the site minutos.es 20, after losing a point against the Swiss, who defeated with 
a resounding 6-3, 6-0 and 6-0 in just 80 minutes. Powerlessness and anger, all together.

Then, at the press conference with head cold, the tandilense said: "It's Federer as number one. 
I have not had any choice, I have not done anything." He added: "Federer told me 'I 
congratulate you for your tournament' and I had wanted to kill him," joked, "but it happened, I 
could not cope, the result is there," said Del Potro "He've seen so perfect, I think that goes 
straight to the final and only Rafa (Nadal) can cope."

"Now I am angry, and I can not draw conclusions after this beating is not a nice way. I had no 
options at all. In other matches saw him a bit more uncertain, but these players, as they move
 round, they become very hazardous and then worse, "he added.

"Only it was easy when we were sitting on the bench at first, with 0-0," joked the Argentine, 
the last Latin American left alive. "The first set was the best I played, but then I felt 
powerless, unable to do anything."

Federer tipped for 'Delpo' beat unmerited. Scored 12 aces and 38 winners blows. The rest was 
great but it went crazy on his opponent was his regularity and little margin for error: only 
nine errors during the match.

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #394
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

Every player badmounths on court, it's not big deal. Rafa does this( puta all the time), Roger is always talking crap about Nole and Murray, Roddick too,so what? I don't see nothing wrong.This just happen in the heat of the moment.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #395
country flag kallisto

[quote=kai.;8113136]Well this is the reall note from minuto uno..
an i will translate from Spanish. Is not a bad behavior, if u know juan martin he always make jokes like this.. so get use to it .. and what he said on the court.. COME ON! is no the first one and either the last one..

sorry that i do not know him

i idi not say that he is the only one who does that, but i do not think that it is okay... neither from nadal....

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #396
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, i understood your point of view Kallisto!!!

Last edited by safinafan : 02-05-2009 at 12:40 AM.
safinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:38 AM   #397
country flag safinafan

El argentino le comentó oficialmente a la ATP su descontento por las noticias aparecidas en Argentina que hablaban de su baja del equipo de Copa Davis.

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2009/02...d-01858880.htm

Para Juan Martín Del Potro, el torneo de San José, sobre cemento, ya pertenece al pasado. Así se lo hizo sentir el estadounidense Mardy Fish, quien ayer le ganó por 6-3 y 6-4 en los cuartos de final.

El tandilense, 1 de Argentina y número siete del mundo, sufrió ayer la fuerza del saque de su rival; 19 aces, y la gran efectividad con el primer servicio: 77%. Es más, cuando Delpo levantó tres match points y tuvo dos breaks, Fish se mantuvo en carrera con dos aces.

Antes de esta derrota, la segunda del año para el pupilo de Franco Davín --la otra fue en el Abierto de Australia ante Roger Federer--, Del Potro había vencido en los octavos de final al japonés Kei Nishikori por un doble 6-2.

Incluso después de esa victoria, el argentino le comentó oficialmente a la ATP su descontento por las noticias aparecidas en Argentina que hablaban de su baja del equipo de Copa Davis.

"Me enteré de esos artículos, me pone mal que digan que no voy a estar en Davis, yo no dije eso ni sé qué argumentos tienen para poner algo así. Voy a hablar con el capitán, aunque ya hablamos en Australia", comentó Del Potro. Luego agregó "el capitán sabe que mis ganas siempre están y voy a estar para cuando me necesiten. Solamente hablaré con el capitán y cuando sea el momento. El y los integrantes del equipo saben también las ganas que siempre tengo de jugar la Davis".

Su próxima escala será desde el lunes en Memphis, también sobre canchas duras. En ese torneo, Del Potro volverá a charlar con Modesto Vázquez, el capitán de la Davis.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #398
country flag safinafan

Argentine number one Juan Martin del Potro has been left out of the team for next month's world group first-round tie at home to Netherlands.

Modesto Vazquez, who replaced Alberto Mancini as team captain after the home defeat to Spain in the final last November, said the 20-year-old would be absent by mutual agreement.

"He is always available but he has a lot to think about in his career and we have enough to win," Vazquez said.

"The situation was analysed and the decision was made by mutual agreement."

The announcement may fuel speculation of a rift in the squad between world number seven Del Potro and David Nalbandian, Argentina's most experienced player.

Nalbandian, Juan Monaco, Juan Ignacio Chela and Lucas Arnold were named in the team with Agustin Calleri and Jose Acasuso also losing their places.

Argentina host the Dutch on clay at the Parque Roca in Buenos Aires from March 6-8.
Reuters

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/240220...argentina.html
Old 03-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #399
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

He is nominated us Most Improved of 2008

http://www.atpworldtour.com/TENNIS/1...DS/default.asp

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #400
country flag Von-GC

Von-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond reputeVon-GC has a reputation beyond repute

i already voted for him on the ATP site, kai, and for melo/sa (sorry Ferru )
Von-GC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #401
country flag safinafan

By: www.sonyericssonopen.com
April 3, 2009.

Q. How were you feeling physically out there in general? Obviously you had a very long match against Nadal. How were you feeling?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: So tired. Last night I was with the match in my mind. I cannot sleep very well. Today I run a lot again, and I don't feel good with my physical.
But I feel happy. I feel confidence with my game and I did a great tournament, so I go home with a good week.
Q. What do you think you improved most the last few months?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: The serve, the forehand, and the mind. In this sport you have to be good with your mind, with your team and everything. That's what I working.
Q. There was one point where you took an injury timeout towards the end of the match. What was the problem there?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Cramping in my legs. It was too tough, the match, and was normal.
Q. How will you prepare for clay court season now?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, I have like a week to train in clay courts. I have Monte-Carlo, Rome, and Madrid to be in good shape until Roland Garros.
So I hope I do a great training, good practice to be in good shape for that tournament.

Q. You had one time violation, and there were a couple of discussions between you and Andy throughout the course of the match. What did you say to each other at the end of the match?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, we doesn't have discussions. No, we just ask about the balls, because many balls was so close. But no discussions.
After the match, I say, Good luck. Playing very good. He say, You did well yesterday. That's it.
Q. I just wonder, you're going to go to No. 5 in the world on Monday's rankings. How does that make you feel that you're now part that was very top bracket of players?
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: It's good for me, for my future. But I don't want to be 5, I want to be better.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #402
country flag safinafan

http://tennis-atp.blogspot.com/2009/...artin-del.html

French Open Interview: Juan Martin Del Potro May 26th

J. DEL POTRO/M. Llodra 6‑3, 6‑3, 6‑1

Q. You're one of the new members in the top 10, a lot of new faces compared to a year ago. Can you just talk about this change at the top of the sport?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Was a big change for my game, for my career. Now I'm in top 10players. I'm a long way to be a good player, really good player like Nadal or Federer. So I'm working on that. Every day I try to improve my game, to give my goals.

Q. What I mean is we have several new players in the top 10 from a new year ago, you, Monfils, Simon, Murray. Quite a different group than one year ago.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Everybody's playing very good since July of 2008, especially Simon. He wins on every surface. We can play with every player. We can beat sometimes the four best players. But we need to win matches in every tournament like Nadal or Djokovic.

Q. So there's still a big gap between you and the top 4?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Yes, of course, yes.

Q. Could you tell me about your potential next opponent Lukasz Kubot?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: He's losing. I never saw him. But he did final two weeks ago in Serbia. I know he's a very good doubles player. He has a very good serve, but maybe he lose.

Q. Are you going to see his practice?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I don't know. I don't know yet. I'm enjoying this victory.

THE MODERATOR: Spanish questions.

Q. Today was your best match here at Roland Garros. You've gained points.

JUAN MARTIN DELP OTRO: Well, winning is something wonderful. This is a nice tournament here in France, in Paris. I'd like to continue on the same path. I feel good. I've played very interesting matches. I feel good. I think my style is adapted. I hope I can continue on the same tracks and make the most of it.

Q. You've played on clay, like almost never.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, yes, absolutely. But last year I played really well on clay,and now I have different feelings.

I must say I've played other Masters, and my results were good. The matches I played were good, as well, but a Grand Slam will give you unique feelings. The matches are different. It's five sets, you know. Well, possibly. So many things can happen. I feel good, which is what really counts.

Q. I don't really know where to start, but I'd like to know where your family name comes from, Del Potro. Is it Spanish or Italian? What's the origin of your family name?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: My grandparents were Italian.

Q. Do you know where they came from?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, I have no idea.

Q. It's important to know where your roots are.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I only knew my grandparents, but my family name comes from my great‑grandparents.

Q. After today's match, what do you think you can improve and work on?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, frankly, nothing in particular. It was in and out due to the rain, and I don't really know what I should focus on.

I played volley or a number of aces. I don't really feel good when it's baseline, but I think what I did well is I played well the moments I had to play really well, and this was sufficient. I had to break during each set, and I won the match.

But next match will probably be different. We'll have longer rallies. It's going to be more baseline playing, and I'll have to be very careful with my serve.

Q. Is it not a problem to stop and start again when you've started playing, and then there's a break? You have to stop for awhile. Is it not difficult?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: Well, yes, of course. It's always a problem for everybody. You don't really know what to do. You have to wait. Sometimes you go back to the cloak rooms, and then they say they're going to stop for something like 10 minutes, but then you have to stop for a longer while. It's a feeling that no players like at all. But it all depends. It all depends how you feel during the match.

Q. Have you looked at the draw? Do you know who you'll be playing against in the top 4? It's a big challenge for you, probably.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, I don't know who I'll play against. We'll see.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #403
country flag skywater

skywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond reputeskywater has a reputation beyond repute

Q. I don't really know where to start, but I'd like to know where your family name comes from, Del Potro. Is it Spanish or Italian? What's the origin of your family name?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: My grandparents were Italian.

Q. Do you know where they came from?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: No, I have no idea.

Q. It's important to know where your roots are.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO: I only knew my grandparents, but my family name comes from my great‑grandparents.

hiahia~~~~~~~~~~very funny~~~~~
skywater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #404
country flag safinafan

WTF stupid question :retard:
Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #405
country flag hcfoo

hcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond repute

Via Rolandgarros.com

Here at Rolandgarros.com we know you love to get an insight into the real person behind the tennis star facade. Today we get up close and personal with No5 seed Juan Martin Del Potro, who reveals his love for Roger Federer’s game, football and music.

What’s your favourite website?

Hotmail.

Which part of your game would you like to improve?
I’d love to have Federer’s attacking game.

What’s the last thing you do before going to sleep?
I turn off my mobile phones.

What puts you in a bad mood in the morning?
Being woken up by people shouting.

What’s your favourite thing for breakfast?

Pastries, toast with jam and Nesquik.

Who’s your favourite comedy actor?
Jim Carrey and Guillermo Francella (an Argentinean comedian).

What would be a luxury for you?
Living in Tandil, surrounded by my friends and family.

What do you have on your iPod?
Maná, Shakira, U2 and Coldplay.

What’s your song favourite song right now?

“Mando una señal" by Maná.

Who’s your ideal mixed doubles partner?
Gabriela Sabatini.

What’s the worst thing that could happen to you before a match?
I can’t stand it when people touch my rackets.

Who was your first love?
My best female friend, when I was 16.

When did you last crack up laughing?

Yesterday, with my fitness coach.

When did you last get angry?
When River Plate equalised against Boca Juniors, in the last derby.

What’s your favourite film?
I really like series, such as Prison Break.

Which actor would you choose to play you on screen?
Brad Pitt.

Who’s the nicest guy on tour?
Zabaleta.

And the nastiest?
I can’t answer that – they’d kill me [laughs]!

What’s the best concert you’ve seen?
Maná and Madonna.

Who’s your sporting idol?
Michael Jordan.

What’s your favourite sport outside tennis?

Football.

What’s your least favourite training exercise?
Jogging.

Via Rolandgarros.com
hcfoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote