Del Potro's News and Articles - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #211
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro's News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
OK thanks! I'm just home from work, and think I may need some food before I try this!!! Sounds way to complicated for me

its only two clicks!!!

on the videos Del Potro says he used to play football and he likes that sport more, and that he only took tennis seriously when he was 14. His dream is to be the #1 in the rankings and to win the US Open.
he also says he doesn't feel he is prepared for Davis Cup, that he is too young, and that other players should be called to be on the team. of course, the video is old...
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #212
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post

its only two clicks!!!

on the videos Del Potro says he used to play football and he likes that sport more, and that he only took tennis seriously when he was 14. His dream is to be the #1 in the rankings and to win the US Open.
he also says he doesn't feel he is prepared for Davis Cup, that he is too young, and that other players should be called to be on the team. of course, the video is old...
After the bad day at work that I've had - even two clicks is too much Anyway - I've done it now thanks. There are so many great clips of JM there that I had not seen before. I just wish these Argentine guys would speak slower though - don't they know there is a poor English woman here struggling to understand them when they talk that fast

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 02-15-2007 at 04:41 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #213
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After the bad day at work that I've had - even two clicks is too much Anyway - I've done it now thanks. There are so many great clips of JM there that I had not seen before. I just wish these Argentine guys would speak slower though - don't they know there is a poor English woman here struggling to understand them when they talk that fast
and being mostly informal chats, I guess it doesn't help.

well, maybe some day segundosaque.com will go international and use English subtitles.

Infantino: "we don't have to focus on results as goals, but in the formación (education/upbringing/training?) processes. In the construction of habits and technique. A good technique will make him effective with the tactic".
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #214
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and being mostly informal chats, I guess it doesn't help.

well, maybe some day segundosaque.com will go international and use English subtitles.

Infantino: "we don't have to focus on results as goals, but in the formación (education/upbringing/training?) processes. In the construction of habits and technique. A good technique will make him effective with the tactic".
Muchas gracias! I heard him say "tactica" a lot, and then I was just swearing at the computer saying "why don't you ******* slow down so I can understand what you're saying!" Guess I need extra Spanish lessons!!!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 02-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #215
country flag fightclubber

fightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond reputefightclubber has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guys
The last issue of Solo tenis Magazine-Argentina - Is out
Juan is on the cover. Will scan it soon
SIlvy

ROGER FEDERER

Marco Chiudinelli

NovakDjokovic

CarlosMoya MaratSafin JuanMartinDelPotro RichardGasquet TomasBerdych
fightclubber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #216
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclubber View Post
Hey Guys
The last issue of Solo tenis Magazine-Argentina - Is out
Juan is on the cover. Will scan it soon
SIlvy
thanks!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #217
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsace View Post
Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful articles and translations!

Of all the things that stood out, this photo did the most. THREE necklaces!!! I've seen pics of other players that age, like Nadal and Gasquet... but they only wore ONE necklace. Was this the style in Argentina, or was Juan Martín a bit unusual?

I do like his extreme intelligence. If he has fashion sense, too... well, that would be the icing on the cake!
you are welcome!

about the necklace, i don't know! i only see now that Marat uses 3 or 4 now! too much for me!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #218
country flag maria87

Quote:
This is a video of Infantino talking about his job with Del Potro. Its from segundosaque.com, so you can watch it there or download it from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/16588918/Infantino.flv.html

Its in Spanish.

There are videos of Del Potro talking in that site too, also in Spanish.

For those who don't know, "Segundo saque y a correr" is a website made by Martín Vasallo Arguello and Juan Pablo Guzmán.

Not as fun as tenis pro, but with much more info about the sport, trainings, interesting interviews and the inside of the ATP world.

Thanks for the infantino interview! about the other Silvy already posted in video thread with the link of Segundo saque...clicking on the link is too much easier, Rosie

About Sabaitini: thanks, Willy for the precision...in my memory she got a match point in Wimbledon, maybe the excitment of the moment!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #219
country flag maria87

Quote:
Muchas gracias! I heard him say "tactica" a lot, and then I was just swearing at the computer saying "why don't you ******* slow down so I can understand what you're saying!" Guess I need extra Spanish lessons!!!!
yes, Rosie, he remarked a lot tecnique and tactic (strategy) but he also remarked how difficult is the physical aspect: how tall he is and how difficult to reach a balance, more difficult for him than for shorter guys. To stay away from injuries is more difficult for tall guys: look at Guga, Marat, Philippoussis...
Old 02-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #220
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Gracias Willy for the website and videos. I don't understand Spanish but it is interesting to observe the players and their body language and voices. I forgot De La Pena had such a high voice And how many times did Massu look at himself in the mirror Fena's training was interesting too. JP seems like a sincere young man. Hope as he finds more success that it does not change him.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #221
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Gracias Willy for the website and videos. I don't understand Spanish but it is interesting to observe the players and their body language and voices. I forgot De La Pena had such a high voice And how many times did Massu look at himself in the mirror Fena's training was interesting too. JP seems like a sincere young man. Hope as he finds more success that it does not change him.
Do you have to mention that man again - de la Pena

Old 02-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #222
country flag maria87

Quote:
yes, agree

Cobalt: people say here that González is very nice person and very proffessional, he is dating Gisela Dulko, the argentinian tennis player and he comes to my club to train offen

agree with you about the site: i feel more comfortable with that kind of sites...the other which reproduces Tenis Pro, is very funny but i like more the informative ones...
Old 02-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #223
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oops I promise to be more careful in the future ( ignore my response to Maria) I bet we have the same story to tell Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post

Cobalt: people say here that González is very nice person and very proffessional, he is dating Gisela Dulko, the argentinian tennis player and he comes to my club to train offen
Well the first time he was with DLP so he had his moments. But since then I received an apology and I will tell you that he is head over heels in love with Gisela. It is very sweet and he was very sincere. I know she has been with a number of tennis players but he is very serious about her.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #224
country flag alsace

alsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond reputealsace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria87 View Post
you are welcome!

about the necklace, i don't know! i only see now that Marat uses 3 or 4 now! too much for me!
HAH! It is so funny that you say that. The player Juanma reminds me the most of is Marat. I can't speak about his tennis... but "su manera de ser." Just something about him... his intelligence, his irony, his sense of humor...
alsace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:38 AM   #225
country flag marcosz1985

marcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond repute

jauny vs. feli lopez!!!!

(1)RODDICK, Andy USA vs JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE
BECKER, Benjamin GER vs KENDRICK, Robert USA
(wc)GUCCIONE, Chris AUS vs LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
QUALIFIER vs (6)MELZER, Jurgen AUT

(3)MURRAY, Andy GBR vs DANCEVIC, Frank CAN
PLESS, Kristian DEN vs KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
KOUBEK, Stefan AUT vs GREUL, Simon GER
QUALIFIER vs (8)GINEPRI, Robby USA

(5)MALISSE, Xavier BEL vs QUALIFIER
(wc)KUZNETSOV, Alex USA vs QUALIFIER