The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC thread - Page 197 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #2941
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC t

DUDE WHAT KIND OF CRACK ARE PEOPLE ON TODAY.
===============================
Davis Cup win impressive ... up close
By Bill Begley
The Daily Times
Published December 6, 2007 - Updated 39 minutes ago
An up close look only confirmed what Chris Crawford suspected.

Some pretty good tennis is being played these days.

“Tennis certainly has changed since my time playing in the Davis Cup,” Crawford said Tuesday after returning from Portland, Ore., to attend the first Davis Cup on American soil in 15 years.

A past Davis Cup team member, Crawford was invited to attend the match between the United States team and defending champion Russia at Memorial Coliseum in Portland.

He was courtside as the U.S. team — with Andy Roddick and James Blake and the top-ranked doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan — beat the defending champions 4-1.

It was the first Davis Cup win for the U.S. in 12 years — the longest dry spell for the Americans, a void that began with a Pete Sampras-led team bringing home the Cup after taking the finals, appropriately enough, in Moscow.

“It was quite a thrill to be there,” said Crawford, the head teaching professional at the HEB Tennis Center in Kerrville. “I had a seat right behind the team — I sat next to (U.S. great) Stan Smith and Pancho Segura — and got to see some unbelievable tennis.

“Roddick and Blake were something to see, both playing great. It might have been the best I’ve seen Roddick play.”

Roddick, ranked No. 6 in the world, and Blake, No. 13, gave the U.S. a 2-0 lead heading into the weekend with singles matches on Friday, and the Bryans wrapped up the title with a doubles win on Saturday.

The last time the U.S. hosted a Davis Cup final was 1992, when a team that included Sampras, Andre Agassi, Jim Courier and John McEnroe defeated Switzerland in Fort Worth — and Roddick was there as a young spectator.

“When I played, we used wooden rackets and we played on a grass surface,” Crawford said. “This was played indoors on a hard surface.

“I could not believe how fast the ball was moving at times. If a guy served 120 mph, it was returned back at 130 or 140 mph. It was really something to see.”

Especially up close.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #2942
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC t

WHAT?!?!

Andy didn't even really DO anything, he just let Dima crap out. Good grief.

Granted he was calm and composed and it was awesome. But really.
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #2943
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I know seriously, this is the third ABSOLUTELY WACKY article of the day. I want whatever they're on. Seriously.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 12-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #2944
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Too much prosecco? Egg Nog?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #2945
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Too much prosecco? Egg Nog?
No, I think it's just crack.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #2946
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #2947
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

All of these journalists have finally seen the light.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #2948
country flag Deboogle!.

http://www.tennisreporters.net/hit_list_120507.html

ANDREEV'S SEMINAL MOMENT: Russia's Igor Andreev was none to thrilled to be asked to speak at the US-Russia Davis Cup banquet on Sunday night, but the 22-year-old delivered not one, but two heartfelt speeches about how touched he was but the sportsmanship displayed during the weekend by fans. During speech number two, as he became more and more choked up, Andy Roddick went up to the podium and handed Andreev a drink.

ISNER'S ROOKIE SPEECH: The US Davis Cup team forced practice partner and rookie John Isner to deliver the team speech during the banquet. In a classic frat boy move, the veterans forced Isner to introduce himself as "Jisner" leading to raucous laughter by his teammates and stunned silence by much of those in attendance.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #2949
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

Hey finally we are seeing tennis being written about all over the place be it dumb articles but at least that is a positive isn't it?

Darn it I want to hear that jisner speech!
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #2950
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post

ISNER'S ROOKIE SPEECH: The US Davis Cup team forced practice partner and rookie John Isner to deliver the team speech during the banquet. In a classic frat boy move, the veterans forced Isner to introduce himself as "Jisner" leading to raucous laughter by his teammates and stunned silence by much of those in attendance.

I haven't been able to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a week. Although i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot with my friends (who didn't know what DC was, but whatever )

I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #2951
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC

thanks for the articles Deb and thanks for the videos Tangy

two more

Quote:
Don’t put a line under Roddick’s career just yet
by Tom Perrotta

If Andy Roddick doesn’t win another match, he’ll still have a spot in the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Roddick’s Davis Cup performances this year, and especially last weekend, when the United States defeated Russia 4-1 for its first Cup in 12 years, were that significant. But did anyone else find it odd that much of what was written about Roddick these past few days assumed or implied that this Davis Cup tie will be remembered as the pinnacle of Roddick’s career?

No doubt that Roddick faces increasingly stiff competition at the four majors. Rafael Nadal has adjusted his defensive game for the sport’s faster surfaces and is now the second-best player in the world on grass. Novak Djokovic can play well on anything. Andy Murray has already shown that he knows how to read Roddick’s serve and keep the American off-balance. Of course, there’s always that Federer character to contend with. Do you think Roddick ever lost to a single player, even his older brother, 11 times in a row before he met Federer?

No question, the challenges are many. But there are a lot of reasons to believe Roddick can win at least one more major, and perhaps two or three. Here are the three biggest:

1) Big serves age well (see Sampras, Pete and Ivanisevic, Goran)
2) He’s only 25 years old
3) Roddick is an underrated fighter.

Roddick is often derided for his racquet skills off the ground and at the net: “Without that serve…” are the words often spoken before someone tears Roddick’s game to shreds. People tend to look at serving like they do singing—a natural talent, something you can do or can’t do, practice aside. Certainly Roddick has an incredible serving talent, but he’s worked hard to maximize it, too. There’s no need for him to apologize for having the best single shot in tennis, especially when that shot is the most important stroke in the game.

Perhaps Sampras and Ivanisevic had slightly more deceptive serves, but once you consider all their statistics—and the fact that both Sampras and Ivanisevic, a terrific athlete, had better secondary weapons—it’s hard to argue that men’s tennis has ever known a more effective server than Roddick. He maintains a ridiculously high first-serve percentage (64% or thereabouts year in and year out), routinely holds 90% of his service games, and usually leads the tour in break points saved.

When Roddick first came on the tour, his violent motion fooled a lot of observers into thinking he would suffer a serious shoulder injury. Further study, with the aid of high-speed video, has shown Roddick to have sound, if unique, technique. I don’t see his serve, and the free points that come with it, slowing down anytime in the near future.

And that future is long, at least another five or six years, and maybe seven or eight. Ask yourself, who has been the steadiest player on the tour since 2003, after Roger Federer? Probably Roddick. If Federer were not as dominant—and no one has ever won as consistently or easily over such a long period—Roddick might have six major titles to his name: two at the U.S. Open (he won in 2003 and lost to Federer in the 2006 final); three at Wimbledon (he lost to Federer twice in the final and once in the semifinal); and one at the Australian Open (he lost to Federer in the semifinal last year). He’s always in contention and he’s point-for-point as feisty as Nadal, just not nearly as fast afoot. If someone else could take care of Federer along the way, or Federer had to miss a slam, which is bound to happen sometime, Roddick should be in position to challenge for the title, unless it’s at Roland Garros.

There’s little chance that Roddick will ever match Andre Agassi (eight majors) or regain the No. 1 ranking that he held briefly in 2003. But if Sampras could serve his way to a U.S. Open title in 2002 and Ivanisevic could win Wimbledon at age 29 when Sampras was in his prime (he had won the previous four), Roddick can win another major. The timing and draw has to be right, but the good thing about Roddick is you can count on him to be around when good fortune comes his way. The Davis Cup is a perfect example of that—after plugging away for seven years, Roddick performed when the draw (no match against Argentina on the road and a home final) broke in his favor. There’s no reason why it couldn’t happen for him a major, too.

Tom Perrotta is a senior editor at Tennis magazine.
http://tennis.com/features/general/f...aspx?id=108700

Quote:

Biofile: The Andy Roddick Interview By Scoop Malinowski

Monday, December 03, 2007

Childhood Heroes: "When I first got into tennis - Edberg, Becker and McEnroe. Then when I first started playing all the time, I looked up to the whole group of Americans - Agassi, Sampras, Chang, Courier, Todd Martin, David Wheaton - I loved all those guys."

Nickname: "A-Rod."

Hobbies/Interests: "Go out with friends on my boat. Jet ski. Poker. I love playing golf and basketball. Hang out with friends. Pool. Photography. And I'm really into music too. Burn CD's."

Funny Tennis Memory: "When I was growing up, we had this rebound net in our garage that I played on. And I used to pretend I was playing McEnroe, Pete Sampras, Lendl - three out of five sets. My mom would come out and ask me the score. And I'd be like, I'm winning. She'd be like, Oh, that's impressive. So that was my big thing when I was little. Playing with that rebound net and being in my own little world [smiles]."

Pre-Match Feeling: ""'m pretty relaxed before. I don't try to get too up or down before 'em. Just kind of hang out with my coach, just kind of us two. He will feed me - remind me of this and that. I try to put the same amount of effort into any tournament I play. Just try to focus on winning one match at a time."

Favorite Movies: "American Pie, Austin Powers II."

Favorite TV Shows: "Lost. My Name Is Earl. I love My Name Is Earl. Don't know if it's because I get the trailer park humor since my parents lived in one before they got married, but I think the show is hilarious."

Musical Tastes: "I have everything from country to rap to heavy metal to everything. I'm into everything...Nelly, Dixie Chicks, Tupac, Coldplay, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Metallica, Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer."

Favorite Meal: "Meat and potatoes."

Favorite Breakfast Cereal:
"Cocoa Puffs."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor:
"Cookie dough."

First Car: "1996 red Chevy Blazer."

First Job: "Tennis."

Greatest Sports Moment:
"Tough one. I'll say winning the U.S. Open was a really good feeling. Match point, when I looked over to my family and coach and I realized it was over and I had done it. Any time you win a Grand Slam, it's something to be proud of."

Most Painful Tennis Moment: "Yeah, I got tagged in doubles with an overhead in the place where it hurts a little more than the other places [smiles]. I was like 14, at a local tournament in Florida. I had to go sit down for like five minutes."

Closest Tennis Friends:
"A lot of the Americans - James Blake, Mardy Fish, The Bryan brothers."

Funniest Player(s):
"Mardy Fish is a pretty funny guy."

Toughest Competitor(s) Encountered:
"I'm 1-15 against that guy Federer."

Early Tennis Memory:
"The one match that really got me really into tennis, where I actually sat down as a little kid for three, four hours without wanting to get up and do something else, was when Chang beat Lendl in the 1989 French Open quarters. He was cramping, hitting underhand serves, all types of stuff. After watching that match, you sometimes got the feeling (that) all you want to do is go out and hit tennis balls."

Childhood Dream:
"When I decided I was going to turn pro my goals were - win the U.S. Open, be No. 1 in the world, win Wimbledon and be a part of a winning Davis Cup team. I've gotten a couple, I've come close to a couple."

People Qualities Most Admired:
"People that start with little in life and achieve something. People like that. My parents were like that. They didn't start out with much when they got married. They didn't have a lot financially or socially. They worked their way up. When they first got married, they lived in a trailer home. My dad was in the military. They ended up owning about 25 Jiffy Lube stores in Nebraska and Texas."
http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...inewsid=512752

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #2952
country flag GollyLou

GollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMFG.

I want the crack those people are taking. Maybe I'd be happy with Andy's performance if I had some too.

at one point in your life you have the thing you want or the reasons why you don't

my tennis photos: recently uploaded: cincinnati [august 10]
GollyLou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #2953
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ANDREEV'S SEMINAL MOMENT: Russia's Igor Andreev was none to thrilled to be asked to speak at the US-Russia Davis Cup banquet on Sunday night, but the 22-year-old delivered not one, but two heartfelt speeches about how touched he was but the sportsmanship displayed during the weekend by fans. During speech number two, as he became more and more choked up, Andy Roddick went up to the podium and handed Andreev a drink.

Quote:
3) Roddick is an underrated fighter.
Sometimes.

OMG what if now that Davis cup is out of the way some of that fighter could emerge during any other 2 week period?!:
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 AM   #2954
country flag meenyminymo

meenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond reputemeenyminymo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously I would have found the Jisner thing hysterical

That story about getting hit in the babymaker at 14 reminds me of the awful Davis Cup fall from last year (?) where he went down into the splits and laid there for while before Dean came over to help. Yeah not good times.
meenyminymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:50 AM   #2955
country flag Arodfan15

Arodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond reputeArodfan15 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenyminymo View Post
Seriously I would have found the Jisner thing hysterical

That story about getting hit in the babymaker at 14 reminds me of the awful Davis Cup fall from last year (?) where he went down into the splits and laid there for while before Dean came over to help. Yeah not good times.
Was this one of the ties somewhere in California?
Arodfan15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote