The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC thread - Page 194 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #2896
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC t

Andy wore decent shoes for the dinner, hallelujah.

I want pictures from the tie at the forum in LA, against the Czechs with Pete and Andre. Andy was on the practice squad and on the first day he sat on the bench wearing fairly bright board shorts and flip flops. Puppy Andy was so cute.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2007, 05:33 AM   #2897
country flag GollyLou

GollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC t

Oh those pictures. I really hate those outfits.

*pesters people for an Andy-playing-DC-through-the-ages picture spam*

at one point in your life you have the thing you want or the reasons why you don't

my tennis photos: recently uploaded: cincinnati [august 10]
GollyLou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 AM   #2898
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Roddick: Captain America
By Ray McNulty
Wednesday, December 5, 2007

VERO BEACH — Two days after the United States won the Davis Cup for the first time since 1995, the Americans' unquestionable leader modestly tried to play down his place on the team.

"I'm part of it, but I don't know if we have a leader," Roddick said Tuesday night at The Boulevard Village and Tennis Club, where he played in a charity event spawned by Mardy Fish, his childhood buddy and fellow touring pro. "I'm still the youngest guy on the team."

He's also the most successful.

And, maybe, the most committed to the cause.

At age 26, Roddick already ranks fourth among U.S. players in Davis Cup singles victories (26) and singles matches (35). He is 9-0 in tie-clinching matches — the best such record in U.S. Davis Cup history, which dates back only 107 years. And he was a perfect 6-0 this year.

"We all feed off him. He's our rock," said Fish, who grew up in this picturesque, seaside town and is a member of the U.S. team, though he didn't play in a tie this year. "He has made Davis Cup a priority in his career, and his love for it is contagious.

"If Andy wasn't there, I'm sure we'd all still take pride in playing for the red, white and blue. But when your country's best player places so much importance on Davis Cup, it makes everyone else want to be a part of it."

It's the combination of playing for his country and being part of a team, Roddick said, that makes Davis Cup so special to him.

Roddick was 10 years old and in the building when Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, John McEnroe and Pete Sampras beat Switzerland in Dallas in 1992 — the last time the Davis Cup final had been played on U.S. soil until this past weekend in Portland, Ore., where Roddick won the opening match to lead the Americans to a 4-1 triumph over Russia.

And he said watching that star-studded team made an impact.

When he played his way onto the ATP Tour in 2000, he made winning the Davis Cup one of his career goals.

"I think I was aware of what it would mean to me if we won, and I certainly wasn't disappointed," Roddick said. "To have accomplished it, to share it with my buddies, my teammates, it was an amazing feeling. It was fun. Very special. It meant a lot."

It meant every bit as much to him as winning the U.S. Open and claiming the No. 1 ranking in 2003.

And maybe more.

"It's a different feeling," he said. "The Davis Cup was a long time coming. The U.S. Open? It felt like I turned pro and won the Open. It happened kind of quick. But winning the Davis Cup was a long road. And to make this journey with these guys ... I loved it.

"I really look forward to Davis Cup weeks. The competition is so big, so important."

To him.

And his teammates.

And to the tennis community.

But, sadly, most of America didn't care enough to notice what was happening last weekend at Portland's Memorial Coliseum. Most U.S. sports fans were busy watching football.

Truth is, the U.S. victory didn't make many front pages, which probably says more about tennis' disappearance from our sports radar than it does about the Davis Cup's place in the game.

"Instead of writing a story about a couple of guys accomplishing their dream, it's all about a defunct BCS system and who's getting arrested and whatever else is going on," Roddick said. "You can't really worry about that. A lot of the media — not only in tennis, but across the board — has become sensationalized. And, unfortunately, you go for the controversial stories sometimes. It seems like people have sports shows just to argue now. (is he getting smarter and smarter on us by the day?)

"So we knew that day that it wasn't going to get the coverage of a lot of other things, but I don't think it changed the meaning of it for us."

Not for Roddick.

Not for Fish.

Even though he didn't play.

"I was there, ready to step in if they needed me," Fish said. "That's what made this whole thing so special. That team feel. The guys really made me feel like I was a part of it, even though I didn't play. We were all in it together, doing something we'll never forget."

And they'll all be back next year, trying to defend their title.

Especially their leader.

"I'll be there in February," Roddick said.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:38 AM   #2899
country flag GollyLou

GollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond reputeGollyLou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
(is he getting smarter and smarter on us by the day?)
He's always been smart. He's just started to reveal his smartness more often.

Mardy is like, too adorable for words right now.

at one point in your life you have the thing you want or the reasons why you don't

Old 12-05-2007, 05:41 AM   #2900
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 2007 DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyLou View Post
Okay, that's a better explanation
Quote:
Mardy is like, too adorable for words right now.
Yeah, because we don't have to watch him serve in a match

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 AM   #2901
country flag GollyLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Yeah, because we don't have to watch him serve in a match

Maybe he should just become Andy's ful time cheerleader.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #2902
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roddick was 10 years old and in the building when Andre Agassi, Jim Courier, John McEnroe and Pete Sampras beat Switzerland in Dallas in 1992 — the last time the Davis Cup final had been played on U.S. soil until this past weekend in Portland, Ore., where Roddick won the opening match to lead the Americans to a 4-1 triumph over Russia.
Mr. McNulty needs a new fact-checker since the 1992 tie was held in Fort Worth and not Dallas. Confusing the two is fighting words down here.

OTOH, during the coverage, Bill Patrick placed the 1992 tie all the way down in San Antonio.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #2903
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When somebody points out to him how smart he really is then he'll get embarrassed and start acting dumb again.

VIDEO: Davis Cup trophy presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baC6UdSAlCI

*edit*

Here are some funny snippets I found on tennis.com:

Did Shamil Tarpischev, the Gary Kasparov of tennis, finally slip up? I wondered about his decision not to play Igor Andreev in singles. He has a 2-1 record against Roddick, though Blake has owned him, winning all five of their matches. Tarpischev could have slotted Andreev at No. 2 and sent him in against Roddick on Friday. But it's true that Andreev is not a fast-court guy (Roddick straight-setted him at Wimbledon in 2005), and no one expected Tursunov to lay an egg like that.

What was funny was watching Tarpischev basically blame it all on Youzhny while the guy was sitting right next to him at the press table. Tarp said that his plans—to send in Andreev and Davydenko on Sunday with the team down 1-2—were blown because he expected his No. 1 to win. Youzhny didn’t look bothered by the comments, and I’m sure Tarpischev didn’t mean anything disparaging by them. He thought he was going to win, that’s all. But it was hard to imagine Pat Mac saying the same thing about Roddick with Andy 2 feet away.
[...]
Roddick was asked a couple of times during the week whether he remembered anything about the Cold War. He said no, except, of course, for Drago vs. Rocky. At the end of that answer, as another reporter began a new question, Roddick looked up with a mock-concerned look: “That was a movie, right?” The guy loves playing dumb.
[...]
Mardy Fish and Robby Ginepri were also in the house. They came along as high-level practice partners, though Ginepri also seemed to have been drafted as a figure of fun for Blake and Roddick. In the buzzy post-clinch presser, the two begged us to “ask Robby Ginepri a question!” Roddick said, “Ask him to multiply something!” Someone finally went to Fish instead, who excitedly pulled the mike up to his face and said, “Bring it!” He was asked how it felt to watch the victory on the sidelines. Fish gave a warm answer about how everyone from the trainers to the practice players were made to feel like they were part of this team.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 12-10-2007 at 06:36 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #2904
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Tangy!
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #2905
country flag tomoko68

tomoko68 is on a distinguished road

hallooo????
tomoko68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #2906
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoko68 View Post
hallooo????
yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
When somebody points out to him how smart he really is then he'll get embarassed and start acting dumb again.

Davis Cup trophy presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baC6UdSAlCI
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUU
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #2907
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*pesters people for an Andy-playing-DC-through-the-ages picture spam*
*drumroll*

a mini picspam....

let's start with...

aww

2002?

2007!

"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
Old 12-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #2908
country flag surfpinky

stupid mtf doesn't show its own attachments
Old 12-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #2909
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

n@
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:39 PM   #2910
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoko68 View Post
hallooo????
buon giorno????

omg nat! thanks! cute! Andy + Oli =