Test your Marat Safin knowledge! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Test your Marat Safin knowledge!

1. Marat's season has taken a turn for the better. This can be attributed to:

a. the car accident in Cincinnati
b. Sasha
c. his love of NYC, Mother Russia, and roofs
d. all of the above

2. Marat's favorite phrase is:

a. "Bring on the grass season!"
b. "Does this shirt go with that tie?"
c. "A little bit of luck."
d. "Vamos!"

3. Marat's favorite animal is the:

a. pigeon
b. hippo
c. duck
d. none of the above

4. Marat's recent haircut shave was inspired by:

a. Kolya's and Misha's runs to the USO semis
b. Feli's repeated invitations to his hotel room to "check out my haircare products"
c. Agassi's retirement, a la Blake's tribute outfit
d. a trip to DENIAL, where the moptop never happened

5. Marat's plans for life after tennis:

a. joining Paradorn in celibate monkhood to practice mental disciplines of the East
b. studying to take over Bolletieri's job
c. a beer in one hand and a kid in the other
d. starting World Blog War I with Dima

6. Marat speaks:

I. Russian
II. Ancient Greek
III. English
IV. Swedish
V. Spanish
VI. Swiss German

a. II only
b. I, III, IV
c. I, IV, VI
d. I, III, V
e. all of I-VI
f. none of I-VI

7. Marat is to plastic surgery as:
a. fish is to bicycle
b. Spain is to more claycourters
c. Karlovic is to stilts
d. all of the above

8."Q. Are you aware of how much your fans live and die by your matches? If you go on to Internet, people see a breakpoint, they go, Oh, my God, Marat's going to lose it. Are you aware of the interest?
MARAT SAFIN: Well, I thank them for that, and I'm pretty happy that a lot of people like at 11 o'clock in the morning there was some people sitting there even with the terrible weather we have right now. They were sitting there clapping and applauding, they want you to win."

Or, in other words:
a. "Can we not talk about the fans on the internet? Dima goes there, and I'm scared."
b. "My fans are better than your fans."
c. "Am I in danger of being sued for psychological damages?"
d. "At 11 o'clock in the morning we should all have been sleeping still, so I appreciate the devotion."

9. "You know the story of the hippo? The hippo comes to the monkey and says, 'Listen, I'm not a hippo.' So, he paints himself like a zebra, but the monkey says, 'Look at you, you're painted like a zebra but you're still a hippo.' So then the hippo says, 'I want to be a little parrot,' and he paints himself like a parrot. He goes back to see the monkey who tells him, 'Sorry, you're still a hippo.'

"So in the end, you know, the hippo goes back to the monkey and says, 'I'm happy to be a hippo. This is who I am.' So, I have to be who I am and he's happy being a hippo!"

True or false? Marat's favorite holiday is Halloween.

WARNING! Risque and not for the faint of heart!

10. "There is nothing so sexy as a woman who is angry – perhaps when she is even throwing things."
About winning Davis Cup: "Better than sex!"
"2 years older and I am a little bit smarter so I can do it without the girls."

True or false? Marat is happy and fulfilled in all aspects of his life and would not be pleased if a bunch of Safinholics suddenly showed up at his door ready to go canoeing.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #2
country flag suertelina

suertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Test your Marat Safin knowledge!

OMG!!! ROTF LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneglaukopis
True or false? Marat is happy and fulfilled in all aspects of his life and would not be pleased if a bunch of Safinholics suddenly showed up at his door ready to go canoeing.
And this one!

"I won't trade my party life on an useless halo and some shitty wings"

"I'm sure if I were a girl, Safin is the best looking guy on the circuitand has a bit of personality. But then I probably wouldn't want to be his girlfriend because I know what he's like!" {Andy Murray}

Juan Carlos David F. - Fernando V. - Max Mirnyi - O Rochus
suertelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
country flag suertelina

suertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond reputesuertelina has a reputation beyond repute

1-d
2-c
3-b
4-d of course, even though the second one must be very scareful
5-c (if it's the first one, I go kill myself )
6-d but next time i'll see Marat I'll ask him about the Ancient Greek because I have doubts.
7-? I have no clue
8- I can't choose so all of them
9- true ( I would love to see him in some costumes )
10- definitely false!

"I'm sure if I were a girl, Safin is the best looking guy on the circuitand has a bit of personality. But then I probably wouldn't want to be his girlfriend because I know what he's like!" {Andy Murray}

Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #4

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by suertelina
1-d
2-c
3-b
4-d of course, even though the second one must be very scareful
5-c (if it's the first one, I go kill myself )
6-d but next time i'll see Marat I'll ask him about the Ancient Greek because I have doubts.
7-? I have no clue
8- I can't choose so all of them
9- true ( I would love to see him in some costumes )
10- definitely false!
8.5/10
Congratulations! You are a true Safinholic, and Marat is proud to have you for his fan. A printout of these results can be redeemed for one (1) drink in his company at an establishment of your choice in Moscow or Monte Carlo--after that you're on your own.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by suertelina
And this one!
Ah, the power of context.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
country flag suertelina

Quote:
8.5/10
Congratulations! You are a true Safinholic, and Marat is proud to have you for his fan. A printout of these results can be redeemed for one (1) drink in his company at an establishment of your choice in Moscow or Monte Carlo--after that you're on your own.
Love the reward :

Old 09-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

1 a: The accident; he had the brain at that point and it got damaged beyond repaire so no more trouble from the brain.

2 c: noodle

3 none its actually a white rabbit [playboy style]

4 a: a trial period for 5a

5 a: although I'm hoping for the war

6 f: he speaks the language of luvvvvvv

7 e: as moptop is to hair-implants

8 b: of course

9 True his t-shirts are solid prove!

10 False, he is in DENIAL
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir
1 a: The accident; he had the brain at that point and it got damaged beyond repaire so no more trouble from the brain.

2 c: noodle

3 none its actually a white rabbit [playboy style]

4 a: a trial period for 5a

5 a: although I'm hoping for the war

6 f: he speaks the language of luvvvvvv

7 e: as moptop is to hair-implants

8 b: of course

9 True his t-shirts are solid prove!

10 False, he is in DENIAL
0/10-10/10
It is unclear whether congratulations are called for or not. Your style matches Marat's in creativity and entertainment, but your results resembled his in ranging from brilliant to . This indicates that you would be compatible enough for a passionate and mutually enjoyable fling, but that both parties are too unstable for any lasting relationship. Good noodle with the fling.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
country flag Broomie

Broomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond repute

Fun stuff!!!

d. all of the above

b. hippo

b. Feli's repeated invitations to his hotel room to "check out my haircare products"

6. Marat speaks:
d. I, III, V

a. fish is to bicycle

d. "At 11 o'clock in the morning we should all have been sleeping still, so I appreciate the devotion."

9. false

10. True
Broomie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomie
Fun stuff!!!

d. all of the above

b. hippo

6. Marat speaks:
d. I, III, V

a. fish is to bicycle

9. false

10. True
Quick, fix no. seven!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #11
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #12
country flag Broomie

Broomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quick, fix no. seven!
I have to admit I didn't understand n°7 so I'll go with d
Broomie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:18 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomie
I have to admit I didn't understand n°7 so I'll go with d
Ding ding ding! I guess it's not a well-known English expression, so I should explain it (or at least give people a chance to revise their answers. ).

9/10
Congratulations! You know your Marat Safin. Since your response of "true" to number 10 indicates that you are more interested in having a platonic relationship than rushing his door, a printout of these results can be redeemed for one (1) racquet, mangled according to your specifications and delivered in person at Bercy.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:01 AM   #14
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get why the fish is related to the bicycle though. care to explain? I always thought it meant opposites. and oh.....care to make the explanation a condensed version? my brain can't take too much
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin
I don't get why the fish is related to the bicycle though. care to explain? I always thought it meant opposites. and oh.....care to make the explanation a condensed version? my brain can't take too much
Okay, this does need to be explained.

There's an expression in English that a person needs something "like a fish needs a bicycle", i.e. not at all. Therefore, since Marat needs plastic surgery like a fish needs a bicycle, Spain needs more claycourters, or Karlovic needs stilts, the best answer is (d), although the others are still correct.

Edit: Here's a funny usage of the expression.

Last edited by atheneglaukopis : 09-28-2006 at 03:36 AM.