Russia-USA 2006 Davis Cup Semis Report - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2006, 06:41 PM   #16
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia-USA 2006 Davis Cup Semis Report

Not as exciting as Day 1 was or as Day 3 will be but here is the next installment

Day 2

Opened my eyes at 10 am in total panic . Didn’t set the alarm because I was sure I would wake up no problem, but probably the exhaustion of the previous few days started to settle in and I desperately needed a good sleep which I finally got that night. Had to hurry up because I had agreed with Lena (Dream from MTF) – a dear tennis pal, who was going to be with me for the next two days (YAY!!!), that we will meet up at 12.30 and roam around a little before the game.

So at 11.30 all fresh and ready to rumble I was out of the house into a gorgeous sunny day and on my way to Olimpisky. We met outside the stadium and the fun had officially started. We were not too hopeful for Saturday, I mean they are the Bryan Brothers after all but in Russia nadezhda umiraet posledney (hope dies last), so very deep down inside we had a small flame and a tiny hope that maybe a miracle would happen

We got there and headed for the ladies rooms right away to paint the flags on our faces and get out all our gear!!! 15 minutes later we emerged with flags all over us and ready for our adventure Got piccies taken with our pride and joy youngster Evgeniy Korolev, who is a heck of a nice guy. Caught Sasha Volkov and took pictures with him too and I quickly asked him whether he is gonna stay with Marat and he said he is for now. Then Lena wandered off to take pics with Carlos Ramos and she chatted with Mitya’s Dad (she did an interview with him for Mitya’s site so her knew her) and before we knew it – it was time to take our seats.

Mitya and Misha came out with the Bryans, we had really great seats and were cheering as much as we could. People were very funny, since we were all so geared up they were coming up to us and asking if they could take photos LMAO – hilarious stuff. In a while I started getting SMS messages from everyone saying they are seeing us on TV, it was fame at last!!!!! Well probably Mitya and Misha couldn’t take their eyes off us because less than two hours later the match was lost and it was Russia 2 – USA 1. Marat came out for lineup at the beginning of the match, then disappeared right away and came back only at the beginning of the last set. He looked quite worried, I think he was not too happy with the fact that we are losing to the Bryans so easily, he spoke to some people around him, fiddled with his phone, yawned and got off the court the minute the match was over.

Lena and I went towards the locker rooms and stood there in anticipation. We were together today and we intended to take as many pics with players as possible. It turned out to be a heck of a wait at the end of the day because the first one to come out and that was like in 40 minutes or something was Kolya Davydenko and his girlfriend. Kolya stopped to give out autographs and to take pics, Lena and I managed just fine, I wished Kolya luck and then turned and wished luck to Irina too, told her we were all really supporting them and she said they truly appreciate it, said she always sees me supporting so well and Kolya’s shy nature shouldn’t fool any of us – he truly cherishes his fans. They were off in 5 minutes and we were left waiting for the others.

The next “victim” was Mitya Tursunov , who had just come back from his press conference, we took photos (mine was funny because I was trying to tell Lena how to use my cam and she suddenly pressed the button, was funny). Lena was really nervous and her hands were shaking and Dima was like “Wow, look at her hands shaking”, he came absolutely breathtaking in that photo though . He then went to the locker rooms and we didn’t see more of him that day.

After almost an hour FINALLY His Royal Highness came out of the locker rooms . He was in a terrible terrible rush. He ran out, put his hands up and said “Girls, I am terribly sorry but I am really late and have to run”. Obviously everyone started whining and asking him to give us just 5 minutes, so he said “Ok, but get a move on, I really am terribly late”. So I think that might explain his facial expression in the photo with me (nothing can justify mine though LMAO), but anyhow, it was still very nice of him to pause and give us a chance to take some piccies.

After he was gone, there was nothing much left to do there. The day went by quickly, we lost and the Sunday of Justice was inevitably rolling our way.

To be continued…
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #17
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for the amazing report! And I`m so happy for you that Marat was so sweet to you.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #18
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the amazing reports, annie
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #19
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

CRACKtastic! ( I'm fine, really)
Old 09-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #20
country flag MarieS

MarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond repute

great reports. I must have seen you like 37 times on TV over the weekend , they kept cutting to your section after like every point that Mitya won on Sunday, I was like, hey, I "know" her.
It's just you don't want to have a lot of expectations, because when you start to have a lot of expectations you just end up losing in the third round to God knows who. ~Marat Safin, summarizing his career

No comment:
Mawie: he kinda reminds me of me, he feels obligated to have every sentence be a joke
Maggie Tulliver: and he takes his clothes off when he sees a camera
Maggie Tulliver: it's a little pathetic
Maggie Tulliver: it's like his first reaction
MarieS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #21
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Anna. I woder where he had to go being so terribly late.

Oh, and if you want my sms after seeing you on TV I need your phone number too.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #22
country flag Alien

Alien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond reputeAlien has a reputation beyond repute

Annie, fantastic reports! Fantastic events!

'Amar' es el empiece de la palabra 'amargura'...
Alien is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #23
country flag Ales_Alessandra

Ales_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond reputeAles_Alessandra has a reputation beyond repute

"To be continued…"
I want more!!!!!
I feel like waiting the new season of Grey's Anatomy, The OC, Smallville, ER.......

MOYA!
Спасибо SAFIN!

GUGA, OBRIGADA!

Rafa-Nole-Ernie-Ferru-Feli-Juanqui-Murray-Bellucci-Nalby-Feña-Youznhy-Andreev
Ales_Alessandra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #24
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams
ghe ghe...I agree CRACK-fukkin-tastic ....
What a weekend [and there's still a day to come ]
Love the way you write Annie
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #25
country flag foul_dwimmerlaik

foul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much!
Old 09-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #26
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
I hopped after him and luckily managed to catch up, took a deep breath, levelled with him from the side where there was no security, tapped on his arm and said:

greeeeaaattt report annieeee!!!! THANK YOOOOU!!!!

*imagines annie hopping after marat like an overexcited energizer bunny*
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:43 AM   #27
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams

dude! what brand of new crack are you on! lol
Old 09-27-2006, 02:43 AM   #28
Scavenger Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
I wished Kolya luck and then turned and wished luck to Irina too, told her we were all really supporting them and she said they truly appreciate it, said she always sees me supporting so well and Kolya’s shy nature shouldn’t fool any of us – he truly cherishes his fans. They were off in 5 minutes and we were left waiting for the others.
owww..irina sounds really sweet
Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 AM   #29
country flag Libelle

Libelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond reputeLibelle has a reputation beyond repute

Annie, the reports are just awsome, thank you

[quote={Annie}suddenly he saw me, grinned and in a really funny baby voice said something like “Bu Byeee sheeee youuu tomowwow” (for Ma, Ira and Vass "До швидания, до жавтра" ) ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! I laughed and waved bye, he winked, got into his car and that was it[/QUOTE]

This is my fav part!!!!!

IOM & OLALA
Libelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:32 AM   #30
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Keep them coming Annie! Looking forward to Report nr. 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote