Pantani deceased - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pantani deceased

I'm watching the tennis on raisport through the web, and they've announced Marco Pantani has been found dead in his house in Rimini. Another young sports man bites the dust... let the speculating begin!
Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I just have read it.....
I don't like cycling, but I'm very shocked... it's sad.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:48 PM   #3
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pantani deceased

It just was on the sportnews

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #4
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

I just heard about it too. I sometimes watch cycling and remember him from a few years back.

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
country flag Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke has a spectacular aura aboutRaoul Duke has a spectacular aura aboutRaoul Duke has a spectacular aura about

I'm in shock!!!!!

I'm a lifelong cycling fanatic and after Bugno, Pantani was my favorite rider. The most exciting and talented grimpeur of all time.... I cannot believe this. An incredible sad tragedy.

fuck
Raoul Duke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 11:39 PM   #6
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

as for now,we only know that it wasnt a violent death so we have to exclude homicide or something like this.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:12 AM   #7
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad.

Raoul Duke, my condolences since you were such a fan.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:58 AM   #8
country flag Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke has a spectacular aura aboutRaoul Duke has a spectacular aura aboutRaoul Duke has a spectacular aura about

Hey thanks

It really hasn't sunk in yet that Marco Pantani is dead. That just doesn't sound right. It sounds surreal and absurd so I can't even say that i'm sad more like really shocked..

It is well known that his life and of course his career in the last 3 years or so had been one long tragic downfall including treatment for depression, court trials and alledged suicide attempts . A fall from graze if there ever was one....But each and everytime he desperately tried to make a comeback he was still supported and cheered on by the tifosi like no other rider in the peloton. He was the most popular and the most charismatic rider in the peloton. Not only because of his totally unique talent but his whole persona which reminded fans of the old legends.

But his career was over......and now his life too. I hope and I'm almost certain that it was suicide. It was at least his own choice..though I have to say that there are certain people that maybe, maybe not, deserve to have our fingers pointing at them......BUT that's a whole other discussion and now is not the time.
Now I'll just sit back and remember all the amazing experiences that he gave to millions of people and especially the diehard tifosi from 1994 to 2000. Always very fragile both physically and mentally but with an unique astonishing grimpeur talent that we in cycling only see every 15 to 20 years. Who knows if he was the last of the grimpeurs?
Nothing and I mean nothing was more exciting than seeing the prime Marco Pantani attack on a mountain. That was unique and that is what he will be remembered for!

Goodbye Marco!

Last edited by Raoul Duke : 02-15-2004 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:58 AM   #9
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is shocking news. Since medicins have been found near his body, suicide is the logical thing to think about. I absolutely hated Marco "I use drugs to beat you" Pantani. I won't miss him, but for the sport it's sad, although I must say that losing Andrei Kivilev was a much worse experience. That really really shocked me.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #10
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Arrividerci, Pirata.

rest in peace.... +++

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:40 PM   #11
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I was shocked.

It's very sad for his family. I've been reading about it on Velonews and the Daily Peloton.

Since we have avid cycling fans here, I wonder if anyone posts on the message board at Daily Peloton. People are posting their memories of The Pirate there.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:57 PM   #12
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, how shocking. My condolences to the family. What a horrible blow to the sport.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:37 PM   #13
country flag Raoul Duke

Default Re: Re: Pantani deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
I was shocked.

It's very sad for his family. I've been reading about it on Velonews and the Daily Peloton.

Since we have avid cycling fans here, I wonder if anyone posts on the message board at Daily Peloton. People are posting their memories of The Pirate there.
I post frequently on a Danish cycling msg board but I know both sites and one the writers Jakob Duma (who also posts on the Danish board), probably knows more about up and comers in cycling, than anyone else...
Old 02-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #14
country flag loco_moskito

loco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond reputeloco_moskito has a reputation beyond repute

Il Pirata was the best climber out there, he made cycling exciting and fun. Who can forget the double in 1998?

justcereal.com -- LiveJournal
loco_moskito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote