Other Leagues Weekend 22/9-24/9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
country flag crash_king

crash_king is on a distinguished road
Default Australian A League Round 5

Here are the matches this week for the A league. One game has already been played today, Sydney V. New Zealand with Sydney winning 1-0

Queensland Roar v Adelaide United

Friday 22 September, 8.00pm AEST (7.30pm ACST, 6.00pm AWST)
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Queensland Squad: 1. Tom Willis (gk), 2. Andrew Packer, 3. Remo Buess, 4. Chad Gibson, 5. Josh McCloughan, 7. Marcus Wedau, 8. Massimo Murdocca, 9. Simon Lynch, 10. Ante Milicic, 11. Reinaldo, 12. Yuning Zhang, 13. Spase Dilevski, 15. Matt McKay, 16. Hyuk-Su Seo, 18. Dario Vidosic, 19. Sasa Ognenovski, 20. Liam Reddy (gk), * two to be omitted

In: Dario Vidosic (return from international duty), Chad Gibson (promoted)
Out: Nil

Unavailable: Nil

Adelaide Squad: 1. Daniel Beltrame (gk), 4. Angelo Costanzo, 5. Michael Valkanis, 6. Ross Aloisi (captain) , 8. Carl Veart, 10. Fernando, 12. Greg Owens, 13. Travis Dodd, 14. Aaron Goulding, 15. Nathan Burns, 16. Bobby Petta, 18. Robert Cornthwaite, 19. Shengqing Qu, 20. Robert Bajic (gk), 21. Jason Spagnuolo

In: Michael Valkanis (return from thigh injury), Nathan Burns (U20 returns from international duty)
Out: 3. Kristian Rees (omitted), 11. Dez Giraldi (hamstring – 1 week)

Unavailable: 7. Lucas Pantelis (knee – season), 9. Matthew Kemp (illness – 1 week), 2. Richie Alagich (thigh strain – 1 week),

Impending stats, facts and trivia

Two former teammates from China will be reunited this weekend with Queensland's Yuning Zhang and Adelaide's Shengqing Qu having spent several years together in the Chinese first and second divisions. Zhang and Qu were together from 1996 to 2000 at Liaoning, and again from 2003 to 2004 at Shanghai Shenhua. The pair scored 19 goals between them as Shanghai took out the Chinese Championship in 2003.

Central Coast Mariners v Newcastle Jets

Saturday 23 September, 7.00pm AEST (6.30pm ACST, 5.00pm AWST)
Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Central Coast Squad: 20. Danny Vukovic (gk), 3. Paul O’Grady, 4. Noel Spencer (captain), 5. Bradley Porter, 7. John Hutchinson, 8. Jamie McMaster, 10. Tom Pondeljak, 11. Damien Brown, 12. Stewart Petrie, 13. Tony Vidmar, 14. Vuko Tomasevic, 15. Andrew Clark, 17. Matthew Osman, 18. Alex Wilkinson, 19. Adam Kwasnik, 30. Matthew Trott (gk) * one to be omitted

In: Damien Brown (promoted), Bradley Porter (returns from international duty)
Out: 6. Andre Gumprecht (knee – 6 weeks)

Unavailable: 9. Nick Mrdja (knee – 2 weeks), 1. John Crawley (hip – 12 weeks), Nigel Boogaard (osteitis pubis – 4 weeks), 2. Wayne O’Sullivan (calf – 2 weeks),

Newcastle Squad: 20. Ben Kennedy (gk); 2. Steve Eagleton 3. Jade North, 5. Milton Rodriguez, 6. Andrew Durante, 8. Matt Thompson, 10. Nick Carle, 11. Tarek Elrich, 12. Paul Okon (Captain), 13. Adam D’Apuzzo, 15. Stuart Musialik, 16. Labinot Haliti, 17. Tolgay Ozbey, 19. Mark Bridge, 22. Steven Old

In: Tarek Elrich (return from international duty)
Out: 9. Vaughan Coveny (hamstring – 3 weeks)

Unavailable: 4. Craig Deans (knee – season), 14. Jobe Wheelhouse (ankle – 4-10 weeks)

Central Coast has not scored in any of its five previous Hyundai A-League matches (including the 2006 Grand Final) and will now be aiming not to equal the longest streak of matches without scoring in an Australian national competition; the current record of six consecutive league matches without scoring last occurred in December 1993-January 1994 (Parramatta Eagles) in the old national league - and had only occurred on two other occasions since the old league started in 1977.
Newcastle's Milton Rodriguez - the first Colombian to play in Australia's highest level - became just the 17th player to score twice in his first Australian national league match (no player has achieved such a feat in the Hyundai A-League), and only the second such player who made their Australian debut as a substitute. The only other player to come on as a substitute in their debut appearance and score twice was Franco Parisi (currently with New Zealand Knights), for Sydney Olympic in December 2000.

Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory

Sunday 24 September, 3.00pm AWST (5.00pm AEST, 4.30pm ACST)
Members Equity Stadium, Perth

Perth Squad: 1. Jason Petkovic (gk); 3. David Tarka, 4. Simon Colosimo, 5. Jamie Harnwell (capt), 6. Jeremy Christie, 7. Mislav Saric, 8. David Micevski, 9. Luka Glavas, 10. Bobby Despotovski, 11. Stan Lazaridis, 12. Leo Bertos, 13. Ante Kovacevic, 14. Jamie Coyne, 16. Adrian Webster, 17. Stuart Young, 19. Naum Sekulovski, 20. Aleks Vrteski (gk), * two to be omitted

In: 10. Bobby Despotovski (returns from back injury)
Out: Josip Magdic (omitted)

Unavailable: 15. Mark Robertson (groin – 5 weeks)

Melbourne Squad: 1. Michael Theoklitos (gk), 2. Kevin Muscat (Captain), 3. Daniel Piorkowski, 6. Steve Pantelidis, 9. Daniel Allsopp, 10. Archie Thompson, 11. Vince Lia, 12. Rod Vargas, 13. Kristian Sarkies, 14. Adrian Caceres, 15. Adrian Leijer, 16. Simon Storey, 17. Grant Brebner, 18. Alessandro, 20. Eugene Galekovic (gk)

In: Grant Brebner (returns from knee injury)
Out: 19. Claudinho (omitted)

Unavailable: 8. Fred (suspended – 1 week)

- Curiously, Perth Glory performs much better at home on Sundays in the Hyundai A-League: in five home matches on a Sunday the Glory has lost just one match, while eight home matches played on other days of the week has seen six losses.
- Even though Melbourne gets a seven day break between its Round 4 and 5 matches, the club might be wishing it was longer. Remarkably, the Victory has never lost a Hyundai A-League match when it had been eight days or more since its last match; however when the previous match was played less than eight days beforehand (like for its Round 5 match), the Victory has lost nine out of 16 matches.
crash_king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
country flag crash_king

crash_king is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australian A League Round 5

I think that the odds for this round are great, however it is a tricky round to pick winners...

Firstly the match of the round Adelaide and Queensland. I have watched both teams this year and both have have been offensively great. Adelaide have had a slugish start to the new season but the past two weeks have shown that they can win the title in the post season. Although Queensland hasn't lost a match this year and this game is a home game for Queensland, I believe that Adelaide has greater quality and depth and should win this game. And you will get good value for around $2.80 for Adelaide to win. The two sides in 4 rounds have also scored 19 goals between them so I will hedge my bet with both teams to score @ $1.90

Adelaide to win 3-2

Next

CCM against the Jets... What can you say, two bottom teams against each other and the scary fact is that CCM has not scored a goal this season as of yet. I think this will change on Saturday but the game will be to close and will end in a 1-1 scoreline

So a Draw

Final Game the Glory v. Melbourne... A game that should be good to watch, for the glory stan the man returns and Bobby Despotovski returns from injury. Two key members for the glory in attack and midfield. However Melbourne has got greater depth in the lineup with the brazillians, the argentine, Alsop Thompson and Muscat so they should beat glory 2-1

This game I will also bet on with odds for Melbourne to win @ $2.1 for a side that has gone unbeaten why not?

Last edited by crash_king : 09-21-2006 at 03:27 PM.
crash_king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, I've just read an article in Israeli newspaper about Miron Bleigberg. I was surprised by the way he got to queensland and by the way your league has advanced forward
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Crash King .. both teams to score in tonight's game looks about the best of a tricky round ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Other Leagues Weekend

Bad Aussee + Vöcklabruck @3,20 8units Austria Regionalliga Mitte
tiptopdaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Other Leagues Weekend 22/9-24/9

SV Feldkirchen (Austria Regionalliga Mitte 04:00pm Vienna Time) + Feyenoord @3,00 7units
Old 09-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
country flag tiptopdaisy

Default Re: Other Leagues Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptopdaisy
Bad Aussee + Vöcklabruck @3,20 8units Austria Regionalliga Mitte
4-2 FT + 1-3 FT

Leader Vöcklabrück wasted a 1-0 after 5 mins and didn#t show their great offense after the 1-1 tie in the 15th minute

0-1; -8,00 units
Old 09-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Im feeling the Under 2.5 goals in Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory!!See a very tight tussle with a goal in it imo,Glory are desperate while Victory are cruising atm!!! A 1-1 scoreline wouldnt hurt either!!Barcelona @ 1.60 over Valencia,not that often you get that price for the champs at home

Last edited by sports freak : 09-24-2006 at 12:33 AM.
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:59 AM   #9
country flag _asdf_

_asdf_ is on a distinguished road

A very interesting match of Getafe and Athletic Bilbao today. Athletic is experiencing all sorts of problems, mostly because the club is equipped ONLY with ethnical Basks (such is the club's philosophy), and the land just doesn't produce enough talent. It has been OK before other teams have been allowed to have as many Europeans as they like, but now it's all downhill for Athletic. The club has also been left by the coach Javier Clemente in the offseason after the president refused to buy a non-Bask to strenghen the midfield. Athletic barely escaped relegation last season, and with 1 point in 3 games (two losses by 3 goals and one draw with Real Sociedad, having great financial difficulties), the game away at Getafe doesn't look promising. Getafe is 2-0-1 with the only loss to Valencia at Mestalla (0:2) and 3:0 in two other games. Their coach is Bernd Schuster, whose teams are usually starting the season on a high, and the goalie of Getafe is reportedly in the form of his life. One may strongly consider betting on a Getafe's win, but being a coward when it comes to football bets, I will take a 1x for 1.25 into a double (with Hampshire in cricket). One may also try 0 handicap at 1.45 (Sportingodds).

For those of you who can read Russian: http://www.sports.ru/section.html?docid=225538

Good luck to all.

Last edited by _asdf_ : 09-24-2006 at 03:03 AM.
_asdf_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:38 AM   #10
country flag DeccyB123

DeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory - Draw @ $3.40

Expecting the first blotch on Melbourne's record, but not a major one. Perth Glory are good at home and shouldn't be beaten. I reckon 1-1...
DeccyB123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #11
country flag _asdf_

_asdf_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _asdf_
A very interesting match of Getafe and Athletic Bilbao today. Athletic is experiencing all sorts of problems, mostly because the club is equipped ONLY with ethnical Basks (such is the club's philosophy), and the land just doesn't produce enough talent. It has been OK before other teams have been allowed to have as many Europeans as they like, but now it's all downhill for Athletic. The club has also been left by the coach Javier Clemente in the offseason after the president refused to buy a non-Bask to strenghen the midfield. Athletic barely escaped relegation last season, and with 1 point in 3 games (two losses by 3 goals and one draw with Real Sociedad, having great financial difficulties), the game away at Getafe doesn't look promising. Getafe is 2-0-1 with the only loss to Valencia at Mestalla (0:2) and 3:0 in two other games. Their coach is Bernd Schuster, whose teams are usually starting the season on a high, and the goalie of Getafe is reportedly in the form of his life. One may strongly consider betting on a Getafe's win, but being a coward when it comes to football bets, I will take a 1x for 1.25 into a double (with Hampshire in cricket). One may also try 0 handicap at 1.45 (Sportingodds).

For those of you who can read Russian: http://www.sports.ru/section.html?docid=225538

Good luck to all.
won. Hampshire took care of business, and Getafe drew 0:0. With a handful of yellow cards and two reds for Athletic, it seem that Getafe have been in the control of the game, but couldn't capitalize. Anyway, cautiosness paid off.
_asdf_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #12
country flag tiptopdaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptopdaisy
SV Feldkirchen (Austria Regionalliga Mitte 04:00pm Vienna Time) + Feyenoord @3,00 7units
0-1; -7,00 units