Nick Lindahl Cheering Thread - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:30 AM   #226
country flag ace ventura

ace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Lindahl Cheering Thread

I totally agree with you, given age others would be better off at other countries,
TA have made it very clear they are interested in juniors.

As for Berman, they have him in AIS I believe , but dont have him yet as he is still under USA on ITF . so results count as such.
ace ventura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #227
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to him and Sweden.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #228
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe its now official.
I really hope this is a contract and he will be back after 2-4 years otherwise I couldn't care less what happens to him for the remainder of his future.
Backstabbing scum.
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #229
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
I can't believe its now official.
I really hope this is a contract and he will be back after 2-4 years otherwise I couldn't care less what happens to him for the remainder of his future.
Backstabbing scum.
He is not backstabbing scum. Tennis Australia have made it clear they are focusing on other players and he is not an important part of their plans to restore Australian Tennis. Sweden approached him and he didn't approach them. It's a huge opportunity for him. He is only trying to make the most out of his tennis career. He could potentially play Davis Cup as number 2 behind Soderling with a very good doubles team if he can prove himself worthy enough and hold off the younger players for the time being. He will probably receive much more assistance than he is currently receiving both financially and advice wise with the number of former great Swedish players who are now becoming more actively involved with the sport in Sweden. The current position of playing for Australia with little support was not beneficial for his career. Sure it may be annoying that he received taxpayer funded support at the start of his career but that was Tennis Australia's original investment and it was their choice not to follow through with it and continue supporting Nick. They didn't see a future/weren't willing to give enough support for Nick and Sweden is so it is only right he is allowed to represent them as long as he feels comfortable enough doing so. Nick has no one to answer to and Tennis Australia have no reason to be kicking up a stink about it and if they do well one has to wonder if they value the player so much why didn't they give him the assistance.

The real backstabbing scum are the athletes who reached the top tour/league in their sport after being supported by Australian taxpayers and then turn their back on the country and choose to represent another country like a Joe Simunic in Soccer because their national team is better. But thankfully in the end it came back to bite him on the ass.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #230
country flag ace ventura

ace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond repute

JM is totally right, Lindahl is no backstabber.
WHo cares what anyone in AUs thinks now Sweden is grateful for him, like one swede wrote about him " and he is only 22 " !!
That is right he is in the right place to go well ahead with the right support.
One person wrote on this thread that TA have done ok only loosing Lindahl, Barker and Gregory, but the list is way longer than that when you look at the players who's only other choice was to give up pr go straight to college even though they may have been talented enough, young enough and wanted to have give it a crack.
TA , led many of these older players along promising all sorts of things telling some they were next on the AIS lise, then BANG overnight the youth policy came in ( Although I think TA new this already ) but sadly it left many players with no where to go from that there.
These were players who had trusted TA, who had supported them and their programs only to find out they were on a dead end road.
I am happy Lindahl has been smart enough to make his own road, cause clearly TA have their own agenda and so not care who they keep or loose, such is their arrogance.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #231
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute

Daniel - you have no idea. Good luck to Lindahl. Why would he stay with TA? He has already been told that he will not be getting into the AO Playoff along with a few other players. This will suit TA as no doubt the agenda is to bring as many young players into the playoff. Here is career is dead. TA have ensured that. Woodbridge didn't want him to play it last year either. He has been labelled a bad egg and he doesn't bow down to them. Good luck to him. He is still young and got plenty to prove. We are going to look pretty foolish when he starts to climb the rankings. Well done TA. Another one lost.
Tenys4r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #232
country flag ace ventura

In the herald sun today it say Lindahl , kelly and Klein have all been banned from the AO Playoff, it is interesting how TA have all year to discipline players yet it seems each year to be right before these events and the AO, that they decide to throw the book at certain players.
You do have to question who exactly is this to benefit, wouldn't they have wanted the strongest play off possible, or is it too free up more spots for who they like.
I guess this is now an advantage to Tomic who ( Woodbridge is said to be working closely with ) as Lindahl beat him in the final of last years AO Playoff.
I guess now that Woodbridge has come out and said Tomic will be top 50 next year , the pressure is on to back that comment up.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #233
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenys4r View Post
Daniel - you have no idea. Good luck to Lindahl. Why would he stay with TA? He has already been told that he will not be getting into the AO Playoff along with a few other players. This will suit TA as no doubt the agenda is to bring as many young players into the playoff. Here is career is dead. TA have ensured that. Woodbridge didn't want him to play it last year either. He has been labelled a bad egg and he doesn't bow down to them. Good luck to him. He is still young and got plenty to prove. We are going to look pretty foolish when he starts to climb the rankings. Well done TA. Another one lost.
Incorrect, I know exactly whats going on.
I agree its the right move for him. But I'm an Australian tennis fan, when someone turns against Australia I'm gonna disapprove because its one less Aussie for me to support. And I'm gonna complain about it rather than praise it.
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #234
country flag ace ventura

TODD WOODBRIDGE , an excerpt from his book.

A SHORT FUSE,

"because of my short fuse , I could be obnoxious in moments of frustration , unable to accept that an opponent was winning on his own merits."
" It wasnt that I was a bad kid, just that I badly wanted to win"
"The worst thing you can do as a promising junior is to read about yourself and worse still BELIVE ALL YOU READ "
" I got really mad with myself when I was off form and often abused my raquet or the net"
"The Raquet would become so mishappen it was virtually unusable"
"With my explosive tendencies and frequent "cussing" I was bitterly disappointed by my own behaviour, it would worry me from time to time for most of my career"

What a shame Todd Woodbridge can not use his own position and experience to help similar players, rather than adopt the NO TOLERANCE , attitude.
It is a shame there can not be a more humane way to treat good players rather than . banning them to play, publicly humiliating them in newspaper articles,
or by withdrawing w/cs etc.

Did that happen to Todd ? Or did was his behaviour overlooked. ?

Surely "no tolerance ", nor labeling players as " bad," should not be an option, and by those with some common sense can be only seen as adding fuel to the fire.

"
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #235
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree Daniel how disappointing it is. But he is not backstabbing scum. We should be looking at what would make a player that lives in Australia feel he has to make that move. We wont be supporting him if he stays here - he is not wanted. At least he may achieve his dreams by making the move - it is a damn shame we won't be able to support him - i totally agree I would love to be supporting him as an Aussie player.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #236
country flag Tenys4r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace ventura View Post
TODD WOODBRIDGE , an excerpt from his book.

A SHORT FUSE,

"because of my short fuse , I could be obnoxious in moments of frustration , unable to accept that an opponent was winning on his own merits."
" It wasnt that I was a bad kid, just that I badly wanted to win"
"The worst thing you can do as a promising junior is to read about yourself and worse still BELIVE ALL YOU READ "
" I got really mad with myself when I was off form and often abused my raquet or the net"
"The Raquet would become so mishappen it was virtually unusable"
"With my explosive tendencies and frequent "cussing" I was bitterly disappointed by my own behaviour, it would worry me from time to time for most of my career"

What a shame Todd Woodbridge can not use his own position and experience to help similar players, rather than adopt the NO TOLERANCE , attitude.
It is a shame there can not be a more humane way to treat good players rather than . banning them to play, publicly humiliating them in newspaper articles,
or by withdrawing w/cs etc.

Did that happen to Todd ? Or did was his behaviour overlooked. ?

Surely "no tolerance ", nor labeling players as " bad," should not be an option, and by those with some common sense can be only seen as adding fuel to the fire.

"

So so funny - and so so so true! Actually it isn't funny - he has obviously forgotten all this. I will have to grab that book and read it. Maybe Todd should read back over it as well. lol
Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #237
country flag ace ventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenys4r View Post
I totally agree Daniel how disappointing it is. But he is not backstabbing scum. We should be looking at what would make a player that lives in Australia feel he has to make that move. We wont be supporting him if he stays here - he is not wanted. At least he may achieve his dreams by making the move - it is a damn shame we won't be able to support him - i totally agree I would love to be supporting him as an Aussie player.
I Agree,
lets hope another player does not have to make the sacrifice of leaving a country I am sure he loves just to continue with tennis.
You can only hope TA look into what led to all of this and be sure it never happens again.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #238
country flag ace ventura

What is also very worrying is that not only is there a youth policy, but TA's own behaviour policy,

I can now see why so many kids are attracted to footy codes, it has room for the good and bad boys, crickets the same, soccer has its red cards red cards,
plenty of golfers have had their problems, as so every sport..

I mean we are talking about humans here . with warts and all , frailties and individual personalities.

Sport after all is entertainment, it is theatre, I certainly found tennis way more interesting in the days of Safin, McEnroe, Conners, Goran, and the many more you could list, if those players want to behave like that then so be it, it is their choice how they behave after all.
Those players actually had a massive fan base.
Some of us actually found it funny to watch a good dummy spit, its part of the pressure game , thats it.

But to stop our own players from playing certain events, or by making it so unbearable by labeling them constantly till they feel they have to leave the country really makes the sport itself and those running it the looser.

It is unpredictability of the human being that is as exciting as the sport itself.

If you ask me TA has gone mad with over policing and its policy's.

You now need to be a certain age , with results by a certain stage, go to the coach they want you to have, and all behave the same way, to get any help from TA.

wow....... it is really scary stuff they are putting in place. You have to wonder what they will come up with next. To unearth the next big thing at 14.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #239
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

It's unfortunate for Australian tennis fans that it has to come to this, but it will only be for the better. I say good luck to him - I think he has a bright future.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #240
country flag ace ventura

I just really hope Lindahl finds peace within Sweden and that they can send clear messages on what they expect from the start,
that is important to any player, and thats where TA seem so fail in player management so far.

There is rules for one, and rules for another, things are let go and then bang, it happens again and again
Especially when one is a great junior, and the expectations are so great.
This is why you have to worry every time TA say they have found the next big thing.