Nick Lindahl Cheering Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #136
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Lindahl Cheering Thread

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't know Pim Pim had a son now. That's good to hear.

As for the moral aspect I think Tennis Australia aren't involved that much in his career now. He hasn't been on their good side for a while (although his best mate Matosevic previously wasn't but got given a wildcard into the Aus Open so it might have changed). Even if he were to represent Sweden I would still support him and sort of hopes he does go there because it is a great opportunity to further his career.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #137
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwal_of_sweden View Post
Then again, the moral aspect of this,, i mean it´s tennis australia who have done the hard work and deserves to "get" Lindahl, but if the guy have no chance of playing DC, then i feel it´s ok for him to play for us
OMG I think the Lindahls would laugh hard at this comment! It is common knowledge that Lindahl was only "allowed" to play in the wildcard playoff because his ranking was about 251 not the 250 that was the cut off point. TA (and now Woodbridge and AIS) don't like him because he calls his own shots and because he walked out of AIS as it didn't suit him. So both Matosevic and Lindahl are got their rankings from hard work, no wildcards, no gifts (ie youth policy crap apparently they are "too old") and they deserve everything they get offered.

I hope Lindahl considers this offer seriously - and let's face it whilst TA have their youth policy the likes of Kubler, Saville, etc etc will always get put above him. Go Nick Lindahl - you owe nothing to the likes of TA - you deserve your ranking.
Tenys4r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #138
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenys4r View Post
OMG I think the Lindahls would laugh hard at this comment! It is common knowledge that Lindahl was only "allowed" to play in the wildcard playoff because his ranking was about 251 not the 250 that was the cut off point. TA (and now Woodbridge and AIS) don't like him because he calls his own shots and because he walked out of AIS as it didn't suit him. So both Matosevic and Lindahl are got their rankings from hard work, no wildcards, no gifts (ie youth policy crap apparently they are "too old") and they deserve everything they get offered.

I hope Lindahl considers this offer seriously - and let's face it whilst TA have their youth policy the likes of Kubler, Saville, etc etc will always get put above him. Go Nick Lindahl - you owe nothing to the likes of TA - you deserve your ranking.
Sorry, didn´t know that! I just supposed he had been given big help from TA to be able to get this ranking. When u say the fact u do, then i lift my hat of and bows for his hard work and determination. You are very welcome to Svensk Tennis Nick )
Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 AM   #139
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Pics of Lindahl playing Nieminen in the 'Monday 18th Jan, 2010' photo album on this page.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #140
country flag ace ventura

ace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think it is such a big deal swapping countries to play for.

Football codes , afl / soccer do it all the time, players only have a short life span , soprt is so tough they have to go where they can get the best thing for themsleves.

There is little time to muck around, I think planty of people would still be behind Nick.

If you love sport or supporting players it doesnt matter which country they are from, the world is fairly global now, look how many players have come to Australia to play,

heaps of them, it is not like they are not welcomed nor, forgotten by their previous country and not supported by there fans any more.
ace ventura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #141
country flag ace ventura

ace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond repute

whoops I meant Rugby not afl, they do it all the time.
ace ventura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #142
country flag willingnable

willingnable is on a distinguished road

If the offer with the Swedish program means he will get better funding and support he would be crazy not to take it. At the end of the day he has to do whats best for his career if that means representing sweden so be it.
willingnable is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #143
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

dang close loss to Tomic
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 AM   #144
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick's only one win away from the Main Draw. Beat Capdevile 63 63. He won 88% of service points. Now has to beat Tsung-Hua Yang for a spot in the main draw.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 AM   #145
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a huge win for Lindahl bosting his chances of making the Davis Cup team. For him to beat a top 150 is massive. But Capdeville is a former top 100 player. Plus it was a great because it was straight sets too, He will play Yang next who is currently the second best rank player from Taiwan, also he is ranked 330 in the world.

If Lindahl wins then he will play Haase, Gulbis, L.Mayer or F.Mayer so good luck.
Hewitt2010 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #146
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute

Good win over Capdeville. Hopefully should comfortably beat Yang. Yang So good luck Nick!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #147
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

He beats Yang 4-6 6-2 6-3 and qualifies! He either plays Haase, Gulbis, L.Mayer or F.Mayer so not a bad draw either.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #148
country flag Tenys4r

Can't help but think that Lindahl should have at the very least gone as the reserve instead of Ebden. While other players are beating their brains out around the world playing playing playing, some just seem to get a walk up start. Not saying Tomic doesn't deserve his position and yes he has won challengers (only in Aus though) whereas most of the other players are out there internationally.

Nick has to play Florian Mayer - been as high as 33 - so will be a great experience for him.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #149
country flag n8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenys4r View Post
Can't help but think that Lindahl should have at the very least gone as the reserve instead of Ebden. While other players are beating their brains out around the world playing playing playing, some just seem to get a walk up start. Not saying Tomic doesn't deserve his position and yes he has won challengers (only in Aus though) whereas most of the other players are out there internationally.

Nick has to play Florian Mayer - been as high as 33 - so will be a great experience for him.
Lost 6-4 6-1. Good tournament none the less.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #150
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Nick seems to be good at qualifying, it's just a shame he can't win a round.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote