Dutch Premier Division 22/9 - 24/9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dutch Premier Division 22/9 - 24/9

Quote:
NAC Breda v Willem II 1.85 3.30 3.70
Den Haag v PSV Eindhoven 6.50 4.00 1.40
Twente v Sparta Rotterdam 1.65 3.50 4.50
Vitesse v Heracles 1.95 3.30 3.30
Ajax Amsterdam v NEC 1.25 5.00 9.00
Feyenoord v Excelsior 1.35 4.00 8.50
Groningen v RKC Waalwijk 1.50 3.70 5.70
Roda JC v AZ Alkmaar 2.80 3.20 2.25
Utrecht v Heerenveen 2.35 3.20 2.65

Odds from Gamebookers.
Well, very bad run last weekend, hopefully I will be better this time.

NAC Breda - Willem II
A region derby. There is 20km between the two clubs and the rivalry is high. A must win for both teams. NAC is doing well at the moment, started with two losses but have won the last two away games. But they are still not constant. Last weekend they were very lucky with a goal in the last minute and in the Cup this week they weren't playing really okay either. Diba is again back in the squad after his bad behavior.

I expected more from Willem II this season; they started well again, but after that it went down. Last weekend they lost to Excelsior after a very bad first half and okay second half. This week in the Cup they had it difficult, but eventually won 2-0 to a bunch of amateurs. Somehow I would lean to Willem II, as this is a match that they definitely not would like and can lose at all. But, their most important and best player Mounir El Hamdioui is injured. And I won't be betting on Willem II without him.

Last season was a 1-0.

ADO Den Haag - PSV
ADO is still without a win, even without a point actually; although they aren't even playing that bad. In the Cup in this midweek they got their first win against amateurs: 1-6. PSV did a lot worse; 0-2 in the last 10 minutes, also against amateurs. They were playing with many substitutes, but still. Kluivert made his debut and it seemed that he still lackes match fitness. Farfan, Afellay and Culina are still injured, Cocu perhaps also.

Normally this would be a win for PSV; but I don't like the odds here for this game. Things could go weird and Koeman, the coach of PSV, could fuck it up with bad subs and tactics.

Last season there was a 0-2; should be happening this time as well.

FC Twente - Sparta Rotterdam
Both teams did well in the cup. A 7-1 win for Twente and a 6-2 for Sparta. FC Twente had a good run in the competition and are finding their 'flow' now. Sparta is playing okay, but just lack the quality to decide a match in their advantage. The odds are okay, I like Twente in this game. They should get the three points after two draws.

Last season was a 1-0, I think this time there will be a bit more goals, but still a win for FC Twente.

Vitesse - Heracles Almelo
This match has a no bet all over it. Vitesse is playing well, but were unlucky last week and now suddenly they have 3 losses in a row. Heracles is like last season starting the new competition great. I would rate Vitesse higher and Heracles, is just like as many teams in the Dutch competition, somehow not strong enough away from home. But I don't know it with Vitesse. They got a good squad, should be higher on the ranking but it just isn't it. Heracles was kicked out in the Cup by a First division team after extra time and the coach was definitely not happy with that; so there could be some changes in the team as well. I would lean towards Vitesse, but not on odds below 2.00

Last season it was a 5-1, but I am not expecting this to happen this year.

Ajax - NEC Nijmegen
This is a good game for Ajax to show that they are getting better and better. Last week it was really really bad; Ten Cate was very pissed off with his players and said that only one player did a good job. On wednesday, Ajax played the second squad of RKC for the Cup and won 2-5; that sounds okay huh? Well no; Ajax played with the subs expect for Sneijder, Vermaelen, Roger and Rosales. Ten Cate said that the subs who played shouldn't ask him in the next weeks why they are not playing normally.

NEC has 1 point up to now and to be honest they had a hard schedule but all losses were deserved. In the Cup they beaten some amateurs 2-0, but there is a lot wrong in Nijmegen. The coach send out an open letter to the fans, to explain the bad run etc. It will get worse on sunday. Ajax has the better players, they have to show now to their fans that they are running for the Championship and are motivated in every match.

Last season they got a 1-1 draw, it will be a win for Ajax this time.

Feyenoord - Excelsior
The big brother versus the small one. And the small one is having a better season then their big brother! Feyenoord should be in the top3, but it won't last long or they are the number 4 in a top4 with Ajax, AZ and PSV. They just lack quality to be in the top of the league in Holland, don't even talk about Europe. Excelsior is doing exceptional well for a promoted side. They are actually also playing decent matches and no one in Holland could have expected that.

Feyenoord still has to play for the cup tonight and I will wait for that match to finalize my small preview for this match. If they would lose or win after extra time, I think there might be actually value in Excelsior, but Feyenoord really should start winning to keep up.

Groningen - RKC Waalwijk
FC Groningen; still unbeaten in the Dutch competition! They are even leaders together with AZ and Roda. They also won in the cup against first division side TOP Oss 2-1. RKC plays tonight in the cup and is doing not bad in the league.

This match is the game between the strong home team and the bad away team. FC Groningen has an incredible unbeaten run of 17 home matches I thought, even winning the last 8. RKC got two away matches this season and they got crushed 5-0 twice. I don't know it it will happen again, but FC Groningen will keep up in the top of the league and take the three points again.

Last season it was a 1-0, I think the difference might be larger this time.

Roda JC - AZ Alkmaar
The match of the weekend: both teams with 10 points, both teams are playing well. Roda beaten Ajax last week in a good match 2-0. AZ got a 2-2 draw vs Twente last weekend, while AZ was playing with 10 men for quite a time. Both teams still have to play for the cup, whereas Roda gets a tough challenge vs Heerenveen away; AZ will play an amateur team.

Although Roda is playing well and AZ seems to be losing their strong form of the start of the season, I like AZ here with these odds. AZ wants to challenge for the championship; well here is their change to proof it. Roda also will feel the match of tonight on sunday still and AZ can play with their subs and field a stronger, fitter side on sunday.

Last season it was 1-4; I would like that score on sunday again!

FC Utrecht - SC Heerenveen
Tough match to bet on; It looks like Utrecht is playing better, but I am not really sure how to rate them. I saw their cup match in on television and it was definitely not good, although they were never really in trouble. They will have a harder challenge on sunday vs Heerenveen. Heerenveen made the better start with 3 wins and one loss, but still that away syndrome. Lucky in the last minute vs ADO, a strange loss vs Excelsior after an early red card.

After the last weekend and before the match of Heerenveen for the cup tonight, I would definitely pick SC Heerenveen. Last weekend Utrecht didn't stand a chance against Heracles, Heerenveen got a decent win vs NEC and still have that 'flow' from the UEFA Cup. In my opinion Heerenveen got the better squad as well. In these odds, I am taking the early pick on Heerenveen.

Last season was 2-0, won't happen this time!

The picks: (DPD run: 13 - 10, +7)
FC Twente - Sparta Rotterdam 1 @ 1.65 (Gamebookers) 6/10
FC Groningen - RKC Waalwijk 1 @ 1.50 (Gamebookers) 6/10
Roda JC - AZ Alkmaar 2 @ 2.25 (Gamebookers) 7/10
Roda JC - AZ Alkmaar -1 2 @ 4.20 (Gamebookers) 3/10
FC Utrecht - SC Heerenveen 2 @ 2.65 (Gamebookers) 5/10
Ajax - NEC Nijmegen -1 1 @ 1.80 (bet365) 5/10
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
country flag Dahli

Dahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond reputeDahli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch Premier Division 22/9 - 24/9

The picks: (DPD run: 13 - 10, +7)
FC Twente - Sparta Rotterdam 1 @ 1.65 (Gamebookers) 6/10 WON
FC Groningen - RKC Waalwijk 1 @ 1.50 (Gamebookers) 6/10 LOST
Roda JC - AZ Alkmaar 2 @ 2.25 (Gamebookers) 7/10 WON
Roda JC - AZ Alkmaar -1 2 @ 4.20 (Gamebookers) 3/10 WON
FC Utrecht - SC Heerenveen 2 @ 2.65 (Gamebookers) 5/10 LOST
Ajax - NEC Nijmegen -1 1 @ 1.80 (bet365) 5/10 WON

New DPR record: 17 - 12, + 22.
Dahli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote