Belgian Davis Cup Team - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-11-2004, 11:48 AM   #76
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belgian Davis Cup Team

pictures from www.sport.be
Attached Files
File Type: doc kris and olli.doc (71.5 KB, 16 views)
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2004, 12:44 PM   #77
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

Xavier Malisse 3
Wayne Black 5
after 40 minutes.....
Old 04-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #78
country flag misyou25

Xavier Malisse 4 1
Wayne Black 6 1
after 1 hour...
Old 04-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #79
country flag misyou25

which language do they talk together in davis cup of belgium? french, dutch or english?
Old 04-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #80
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

I think they talk french. Obviously the Rochus brothers speak french, I know Kristof Vliegen speaks fluent French and Steven Martens does too. Don't know about Xavier though.

How is Xavier doing? My dad and my brother have occupied the tv to watch cycling so I have no notion of any score.
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 03:52 PM   #81
country flag misyou25

he won!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 03:53 PM   #82
country flag misyou25

say to your dad and bro, davis cup is more important than cycling..... :-) well, in this case. because they had to win..
Old 04-11-2004, 11:59 PM   #83
country flag Tinne

Tinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond reputeTinne has a reputation beyond repute

*woohoo* Way to go Xavier!!
I saw him play the first 2 sets and thought he was going to tank it completely! But nice job of pulling out that win!
Tinne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:25 PM   #84
BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy they won!
I went to Doornik on friday and I had a wonderful day! It was a little, cosy stadium. Ollie's match was really frustrating and he was very disappointed. He didn't give autographs after his match (what I can understand). But after his shower,... he came back and sat in the crowd with his brother. They then gave autographs to the people who asked. They were very nice and down-to-earth!
We got autographs of the whole team by the way and all of them were really friendly.

Xavier's match was quite fun to watch and we were happy he won it so easy!
Afterwards we saw Christophe Rochus in the hall, he was just standing between the people who went home and was talking to some people. A friend of mine asked if we could take a picture of him with us and he was really friendly and posed with us!

I really hope we have a good draw for the barage in september and I hope we can play at home again!! Because we don't get to see our boys play live enough.
BelgianGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #85
BelgianGirl

BelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Also congrats to Christophe for beating Genius ..... 6-3, 6-0!
BelgianGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:03 PM   #86
zoeziepoezie

zoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianGirl
I'm so happy they won!
I went to Doornik on friday and I had a wonderful day! It was a little, cosy stadium. Ollie's match was really frustrating and he was very disappointed. He didn't give autographs after his match (what I can understand). But after his shower,... he came back and sat in the crowd with his brother. They then gave autographs to the people who asked. They were very nice and down-to-earth!
We got autographs of the whole team by the way and all of them were really friendly.

Xavier's match was quite fun to watch and we were happy he won it so easy!
Afterwards we saw Christophe Rochus in the hall, he was just standing between the people who went home and was talking to some people. A friend of mine asked if we could take a picture of him with us and he was really friendly and posed with us!

I really hope we have a good draw for the barage in september and I hope we can play at home again!! Because we don't get to see our boys play live enough.
hey!
I went too on friday and on sunday! It were two wonderful days! I can't stop talking about...
Yes, i have also a signature of oli (and the whole team) and we take a pic with him!!!
On sunday we saw Kristof in the hall before the match was starting and we asked and he posed too!!! :d
Yes, they're all really friendly!!!
and yes, i hope too that in september they play again in belgium!!!
Let's hope so...
zoeziepoezie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #87
AntennA

AntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond repute

DAVISCUPTEAM HEEFT HANDEN VOL MET ZIMBABWE
TENNIS
Malisse stuurt België moeizaam naar barrage

DOORNIK - België speelt eind september de barragewedstrijden voor een terugkeer in de Wereldgroep van de Davis Cup. In Doornik zag kapitein Steven Martens zijn Daviscupteam in de tweede ronde van de Euro-Afrikaanse zone moeizaam winnen van Zimbabwe (4-1).

OLIVIER Rochus verloor vrijdag verrassend de openingspartij tegen Wayne Black zodat na de zege van Xavier Malisse op Genius Chidzikwe de stand in evenwicht was. Zaterdag maakte de jongste Rochus zijn uitschuiver goed door samen met Kristof Vliegen het duo Black-Ullyett, een van de sterkste dubbelteams ter wereld, te kloppen. ,,Ons doel was Black zo lang mogelijk op de baan te houden, zodat hij zondag vermoeid zou zijn. Maar eigenlijk wilden we ook winnen'', aldus Vliegen.

Toch begon Black op de slotdag nog sterk tegen Xavier Malisse. De West-Vlaming verloor de eerste twee sets en leek op een nederlaag af te stevenen. ,,Vroeger was het in drie sets gedaan geweest, maar nu volg ik mentale lessen'', zei Malisse. ,,Ik denk aan filmsterren zoals Rocky om mijn vechtersmentaliteit boven te halen.'' Het werkte en Malisse won de partij nog in vijf sets. De winst van Christophe Rochus tegen Chidzikwe deed er niet meer toe.

Vanmiddag kennen de Belgen hun tegenstander voor de barrageduels voor een plaats in de Wereldgroep. Omdat ze geen reekshoofd zijn, behoren Australië en Rusland tot de mogelijke tegenstanders. ,,Het liefst zou ik thuis spelen'', zegt Steven Martens. ,,Je kunt dan de ondergrond kiezen, maar ook het publiek is een enorme steun.'' Om 14 uur wordt op de zetel van de Internationale Tennisfederatie (ITF) in Londen de loting gehouden.

13/04/2004

©Copyright De Standaard

Gilles Elseneer - Xavier Malisse - Dick Norman - Christophe & Olivier Rochus - Kristof Vliegen
Dominique Coene - Steve Darcis - Frederic De Fays - Niels Desein - Jeroen Masson - Stefan Wauters
AntennA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #88
zoeziepoezie

zoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond reputezoeziepoezie has a reputation beyond repute

België loot Kroatië 13-04-2004
In de barragewedstrijden voor een plaats in de Wereldgroep van de Davis Cup heeft België Kroatië geloot.

De ontmoeting wordt in Kroatië gespeeld , op een nog te bepalen ondergrond, van 24 tot 26 september. België plaatste zich dankzij een 4-1-zege op Zimbabwe voor de barrages en speelde in Davis Cup verband nog nooit tegen dit land.

Kroatië kwam dit jaar uit in de wereldgroep, maar verloor al in de eerste ronde. Frankrijk klopte de Kroaten met 4-1 in Metz. Voor de Kroaten speelden toen Ivan Ljubicic, Ivo Karlovic en Mario Ancic. Allemaal behoren ze tot de top-100 van de ranking. Kroatië start dan ook als favoriet tegen de Belgen.

Last edited by zoeziepoezie : 04-13-2004 at 01:06 PM.
zoeziepoezie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #89
AntennA

AntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond reputeAntennA has a reputation beyond repute

The Belgian Davis Cup team has to play against Croatia (Ljubicic, Karlovic, Ancic,...). Unfortunately they're not playing home
But I think they have a good chance to go through to the world group!

Head-to-heads (Belgians vs. Ivan Ljubicic):

Malisse 1-1
Elseneer 1-1
O. Rochus 0-1
C. Rochus 0-1

Norman 0-0
Vliegen 0-0

Head-to-heads (Belgians vs. Ivo Karlovic):

Norman 3-0
Malisse 1-0
O. Rochus 1-1
C. Rochus 1-1

Elseneer 1-3

Vliegen 0-0

Head-to-heads (Belgians vs. Mario Ancic):

Elseneer 1-0
C. Rochus 1-0

Malisse 0-0
O. Rochus 0-0

Norman 0-0
Vliegen 0-0

Gilles Elseneer - Xavier Malisse - Dick Norman - Christophe & Olivier Rochus - Kristof Vliegen
Dominique Coene - Steve Darcis - Frederic De Fays - Niels Desein - Jeroen Masson - Stefan Wauters
AntennA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #90
country flag misyou25

they need norman....