Regarding Australia - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #61
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regarding Australia

Wow, all of you have been very helpful, thank you so much
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #62
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristos
Come to Melb and watch me play...
Na man, I would'nt want to beat you 6-0,6-0 in front of your greek girlfriends
Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #63
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria
Na man, I would'nt want to beat you 6-0,6-0 in front of your greek girlfriends
dont worry, he doesnt have any... except for Dave...

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #64
country flag williaer

williaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond reputewilliaer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria
So, overall, Adelaide is not worth it?

So far, the general Concensus is that the cities worth visiting in australia are Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane?

Of course, i'd love to visit the outback.
Yeah they're probs 'the best cities' even though Perth is beautiful it's just too far away.
But as I said before - it totally depends what you want to get out of the holiday. I mean, in Queensland there's the Daintree Rainforest (which is beautiful) and there are the Whitsunday islands off the coast that are amazingly gorgeous and there's the barrier reef as well. And there are places all over Australia which aren't really 'on the tourist map' that are beautiful so depending on what you're looking for, I'd say it's always helpful to talk to an Aussie like one of us here to point you in the best direction as it may not be an obvious place!!
williaer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #65
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

you're making me want to go to Australia even MORE.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #66
country flag Pfloyd

You guys have everything over there, damn.

Seems to me, with what I've heard you guys say, is that Austrlias Eastern Coast is a bit more interesting than the west coast.

Last edited by Pfloyd : 09-20-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #67
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

I went over there six years ago with the whole family to see relatives and basically covered a lot of the country in the space of a month. I'd never been on a plane before then and I haven't since, and during that month I went on 12 separate flights - 3 to Australia, 3 back, and 6 internal ones. Flew from Heathrow to Dubai, Dubai to Singapore, Singapore to Melbourne, then Sydney, then Cairns, then Alice Springs, then Ayers Rock, then Canberra, then back to Melbourne, then Sydney again to get a connecting flight to Tokyo, followed by a 12-hour journey back to Heathrow. Considering that the furthest abroad I'd ever been before then was Paris, and I was too young to recall it properly, it was quite an overwhelming experience. Very enjoyable though, and I saw plenty of landmarks including the harbour at Sydney, the Opera House, the Barrier Reef up north, Ayers Rock.... The best meal I ever had was lobster thermidor in a quayside restaurant at night with the Harbour Bridge in the background.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #68
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

www.citysearch.com.au ... if it hasn't been mentioned already

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #69
country flag Pfloyd

Thats a cool site,thanks.

You guys have Darwin city over there? Hahaha
Old 09-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #70
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but what's funny about it? Charles Darwin?

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #71
country flag Pfloyd

Yeah, thats what i thought when i saw the name.

Do they have fossils there?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #72
bad gambler

3 years on, have you made the trip down under yet Floyd?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #73
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.. random bump BG!

I believe Floyd is taking a break from MTF at the moment so he probably won't see this... I think he's still planning to come at some point though.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #74
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

if you come to australia. whatever you do under any circumstance don't go to melbourne/adelaide.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #75
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Wow.. random bump BG!

I believe Floyd is taking a break from MTF at the moment so he probably won't see this... I think he's still planning to come at some point though.

I was actually searching for another thread on NT and stumbled across this one so I figured I would ask the question
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote