Regarding Australia - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:07 AM   #46
bad gambler

Default Re: Regarding Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria
So, overall, Adelaide is not worth it?

It's a nice little town, but to be honest unless you want to visit the Barossa Valley (vineyards) not really much to do there.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 AM   #47
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is boring too?

And is it worth visiting Canberra based on the science museum?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:12 AM   #48
bad gambler

Quote:
Perth is boring too?

And is it worth visiting Canberra based on the science museum?
Perth is ok but again not much do there and IMO not worth the trip to the other side of the country.

There is stuff to see in Canberra like the parliament house, War Memorial, The Mint. If you want to see how a truly planned city looks like then Canberra is the place - worth a visit only by virtue of the fact that it is the capital city of Australia
Old 09-20-2006, 03:13 AM   #49
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, last question for you, I really dont want to drive you crazy, but hey, im curious here

What would you say is the diffrence between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:17 AM   #50
bad gambler

Quote:
Alright, last question for you, I really dont want to drive you crazy, but hey, im curious here

What would you say is the diffrence between Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane?

Not really sure I can answer that in one sentence - I mean you read what everyone has posted in here about the respective cities
Old 09-20-2006, 03:18 AM   #51
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol
hahaha.

What city in Australia has the hottest girls?
Brisbane

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:19 AM   #52
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Not really sure I can answer that in one sentence - I mean you read what everyone has posted in here about the respective cities
alright, thanks for your help
Old 09-20-2006, 03:20 AM   #53
bad gambler

No probs - let me know if you decide to make the trip out here
Old 09-20-2006, 03:20 AM   #54
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot that shitty place Tasmania.

If it was connected to Australia I'd remember it.

Hole!

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:22 AM   #55
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
No probs - let me know if you decide to make the trip out here
Will do.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #56
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Melb and watch me play...
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #57
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno if you want anymore opinions, but I'm a Melbourne girl through and through, and I absolutely love melbourne. The city itself is pretty plain, but there are places such as the Great Ocean Road and the Dandenong ranges that are great. Theres lots to do in Melbourne, sport, art, nature, everything. Yesterday I went on a steam train ride named Puffing Billy and you get to see the whole of the melbourne dandenong mountain ranges which is stunning. Great Ocean Road is awesome. When it comes to wildlife, zoos are a good place to start. We have a place named Healesville Sanctuary which is really pretty and features only Australian animals, but we also have 2 other big zoos, one in the city, and an open range zoo half an hour away from the city. Personally I love watching the echindas, so damn cute. Theres also Phillip Island, and you can watch the penguins come into shore every night, I've never been but I've heard it's meant to be nice. I've also heard that the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland is meant to be stunning, though I've never been. Australia (well Melbourne at least) is a great place to come out and visit. You're missing out if you don't come.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #58
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi

I forgot that shitty place Tasmania.

If it was connected to Australia I'd remember it.

Hole!
Says the man who comes from Albury that is so hilarious.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #59
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

well i'm from perth, but to be honest there is not much here...it's a pretty bland city and i wouldn't waste your time coming all the way over to the west, unless it's to go north to broome or the bungle bungles (i haven't been to either, but they say it's nice..)

for me, i like melbourne and sydney.

Melbourne is more european...a big cafe culture, sports capital of the country, great shopping etc

Sydney is not so european..more australian/american. it's bigger and more expensive than melbourne but if you come to australia u really can't not go there...the harbour is amazing. i haven't been there for a few years but i'm going again in november...can't wait!

i've also been to canberra and would not recommend it...it's just a manmade governmental type of place zzz

haven't been anywhere else...though i would say brisbane and the gold coast might be worth visiting...gold coast looks a lot like spanish coastal resorts from what i've seen.

nada más...si necesitas más info, puedes mandarme un mensaje privado porque también hablo español ...y la verdad es que para mí, España es el mejor país del mundo!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #60
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

PERTH

I want to move to Perth.... I plan to retire there one day. It's so laid back and beautiful. There is a beautiful island off the coast called Rottnest Island and there you can see these unique animals called Quokkas. You can take a trip over to Fremantle on the ferry and Fremantle is a beautiful city too. There is Kings Park which is the biggest natural bushland in a city in the world - it is right in the city and it is HUGE. The botanical gardens and the war memorial are there too. You can take a trip to the Pinnacles dessert which is amazing. The Perth Zoo is smaller than some other major cities' zoos but it is well set up and easy to navigate. There is also Margaret River which is a beautiful part of the world and also the home of some of the finest vineyards in the world

Ok.... and after all that I have to say that I've lived in Melbourne all my life and I've really done nothing here We have lots of sport which is brilliant for a sports lover, but we have the major attractions such as the Great Ocean Road, Phillip Island, The Grampians mountain ranges and the Ottway Ranges and I've never seen ANY of them yet so I don't know what to say about them really

Still, we are a better city than Sydney Sydney is lovely... especially around Circular Quay with the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and then I loved Bondi. Manly pissed down on my all day so I have no opinion. I went on a day trip to the Blue Mountains and it was well worth it... beautiful area

This year I went to Cairns in far north Queensland. It was ok but I wouldn't recommend it greatly. The Great Barrier Reef looked awesome. Went out on a boat and was close to seasick But I guess it was worth it... also went up in a chopper OVER the barrier reef and THAT was an awesome experience

My other favourite city other than Perth is Brisbane. It's also a clean and quieter city.. and I guess not that much does happen there, but it's a central location to visit both the Sunshine Coast which is an hour north and the Gold Coast which is an hour south. The Sunshine Coast has Noosa, the Big Pineapple and Australia Zoo... which is listed as Australia's #1 tourist attraction (and for sad reasons will be even more now I think). The Gold Coast has some lovely, lovely hinterland I love the hinterland (which is one thing that Perth lacks). It also is the home of the nightlife (which I don't care for) and of all the theme parks (Sea World, Dreamworld and Movie World)

I've not been to Canberra, Adelaide, the Northern Territory or to Tasmania.. but I would love to see Tassie some time

Last edited by Peta Pan : 09-20-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote