Fab Back In His Home Country - Open de Moselle - Metz, France 10/2-8, 2006 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #31

Default Re: Fab Back In His Home Country - Open de Moselle - Metz, France 10/2-8, 2006

Fab and Richie in the Doubles' Final
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #32
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fab Back In His Home Country - Open de Moselle - Metz, France 10/2-8, 2006

Yes they won and yes, they absolutely deserve to be there. I admit I was, like many other ppl around, curious to see how those 2 were pairing together. And I haven't been disappointed. Many times, Fab gave advice to Richard, like he was giving him a lesson. Saying "a little bit more on the left", or "don't try this if..." The teacher Fab taught Richard how to defeat the fave team on the paper!!

Well, I arrived at the place pretty early as I really didn't wanna miss anything, so I've seen the whole match. The match has been really balanced. And nobody could say who was fave, seeing them play. The 1st set has been won by the Poles. They made the difference on a couple of points, and it's been enough. But the whole crowd was there for Richie & Fab, and they pushed them the best they could. 2nd set as tight as the 1st one, also ending on a tiebreak, but this time, Fab's experience talked, if that makes sense. The match tiebreak -as there is no 3rd set for doubles- has been hard for the nerves. As Richie and Fab began really bad, with a 4/1 lead against them. But again, Fab's experience combined to Richie's talent finally allowed them to come back and take that match.

In the stands, you could see Deblicker sitting with Richard's father, Laurent Raymond -Fab's coach- and Marc Gicquel.

At the end of the match, when Fab was signing autographs for the kids, I came to him and handed him my big French flag. When he saw it, he looked impressed -yes, it IS indeed big!! He, of course, signed it and I told him I was hoping it would bring them luck for the final, and that it would be there in the stands. To which he simply replied, with a smile, "I hope so...."
Old 10-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #33
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report, Choupi!

Another fright in the superset TB. They were 1-4 down in their QF match too.

I noticed that Richard's serve got broken more often than Fabrice's serve. What was the problem?
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #34
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

No particular pb with Richard's serve SW. It's just that the team they were playing is a good team and very aggressive in return. I suppose that Fab's can put more effect in his serve than Richard, which avoided him to be broken as much. Don't worry.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #35
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not worried. Just puzzled because I thought Richard serving + Fab at the net would be easier for them than Fab serving + Richard at the net.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #36
country flag silverwhite

They won 3-6 6-1 11-9 saving 6 MPs at 3-9 in the superset TB.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:44 PM   #37
country flag Fabrice Fan

Fabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond repute

What an excellent report Choupi! Thank you so much for telling us about the Match. It sounds like Fab's experience made a lot of difference, they really seem to be a good partnering. I think it's neat that you got your huge French flag signed by Fab too!
Fabrice Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #38
country flag Fabrice Fan

Fabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond repute

They have won!!!!!! Congratulations Fab and Richard!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #39
country flag Choupi

OMG!!!!! It's several hours now that the final is over and I'm home for some time but I'm still under that incredible shock of all those MPs saved. Woohoo!!But, let's begin with the beginning.

We have had to wait a bit because Melzer needed, and of course, deserved his break, after his lost singles final. So, a part of the crowd has moved out of the place, and some didn't come back. Poor beings. They've missed something. Sad for them. Anyway, when Fab & Richie entered the court, you can easily imagine the ovation they received. And they appreciated. The mood was relaxed. The players seemed ok. But Melzer/Knowle is a very good doubles team, used to work together for long now, so the 1st set has been pretty tough for our 2 Frenchies. Richard seemed a bit tense as he made some errors he didn't do yesterday. But Fab kept relaxed. You could see that even if they had lost the 1st set, he was still confident. And there have been some funny moments too. For instance, on Fab's serve, Carlos Bernardes called his serve "let" twice in a row. The pb is that we all had seen that the ball didn't absolutely touch the net. Anyway, Fab looked at Carlos and said "Carlos, don't you need glasses, do you?" And even Melzer and Knowle played that little game, as on the following point, Knowle's ball touched the net. And he immediately addressed Bernardes, saying " hey, this one touched it, have you got it?" The 2nd set turned out right for our 2 boys, as they could volley better than in the 1st set, and their opponents seemed to have some low time. So, here comes the match tiebreak. Things got worse from the very beginning. The Austrians found their good 1st serves back and Richard made some bad mistakes at the worst moment. Which quickly led to that incredible situation of Melzer/Knowle having 6 MPs -leading 9-3. The atmosphere in the stands was electric. And this is where Fab the Magician came into action. He made some great passingshots only him knows how they come that way. Richard felt stronger straight and also made some great points. We were all standing up in the stands. Even officials, along the fence, couldn't stand still. Boutter was jumping!! Our guys erased those 6 MPs, and confirmed the 1st one they got as soon as they could. The whole crowd exploded. Both Fab & Richie looked so happy to have made it that way.

In their speeches, they both said that it had been a great experience and that they might do it again in some other events.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #40
country flag Fabrice Fan

Thank you so much for that report Choupi! How exciting! You report so well, I was honestly on the edge of my seat reading it. Fab is such a crack up, the part about Carlos needing glasses made me . Well, I must say that your report was the next best thing to actually being there myself! I'm happy that you got to experience it. It would be if Fab and Richie teamed up again!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #41

Choupi thanks so much for your great reporting as always And how lucky you were to have been there And you got to speak with Fab plus an autograph And they won I would like to see Fab and Richie together more. I know Fab has a regular Doubles' partner, but I think he could be a big help to Richie.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 AM   #42
country flag Choupi

Sure Fab can and will be a good help for Richie in doubles. There's a lot of respect between them and a great admiration from Richard.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #43
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic report and great to see Santoro guide one of the youngsters around the court and as for Gasquet, there aren't many better teachers than the magic dwarf.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #44
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report, Choupi! What a great time you had, sounds very exciting.
It'll be great if we will see them together again sometime.
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #45
country flag Choupi

Some highlights of the final in this local tv news. Go to around 12min. And enjoy.

http://jt.france3.fr/regions/popup.p...video_number=0