Fab Back In His Home Country - Open de Moselle - Metz, France 10/2-8, 2006 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fab Back In His Home Country - Open de Moselle - Metz, France 10/2-8, 2006

allez Fabrice

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fab Back In His Home Country - Open de Moselle - Metz, France 10/2-8, 2006

I know Fab hasn't played his doubles match yet but here's tomorrow's OOP:

Court central

Début des matchs : 11h00.

Dominik HRBATY (SVK) vs Cyril SAULNIER (FRA)
Nicolas MAHUT (FRA) vs Novak DJOKOVIC (SCG)
Fabrice SANTORO (FRA) vs Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA)
Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA) vs Sebastien GROSJEAN (FRA)
Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Richard and Fabrice won 7-5 6-2

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #19
country flag Fabrice Fan

Fabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Fab and Richard have won in Doubles today! Off to a great start!!!
Fabrice Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #20
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the singles story is already over. Fab lost to Paulo 4/6 7/5 4/6. Go for the doubles now with Richard!!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #21
country flag Fabrice Fan

Fabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFabrice Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I was sorry to hear that Fab has already lost in Singles...but best of luck in Doubles Fab and Richard!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #22
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Fab. Fought back so well (against a choking PHM ) in the second but lost his 3-0 lead in the final set.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #23

Fab sorry for the Singles But lets go for the Doubles Title
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #24
country flag Choupi

There was an interview of Fab in Le Républicain Lorrain -local newspaper here- that had been done right at the beginning of the event. Here's the translation I made. Sorry, it comes a bit late but I was pretty busy.

From Le Républicain Lorrain, Tuesday Oct. 2nd. 2006:

I Don't Look Beyond 2007

Fabrice Santoro ready to bedazzle the Arênes. For one of his last shows. At 34, the French magician refuses the concept of the season that will be too much.

RL:The Open de Moselle announces the beginning of the last part of the season. What are your plans?
FS: This is a great time of the year. We play indoors, we can forget about the strong heat. That's also the opportunity to play in France. In front of our fellows. Without the restraint of having to trip for it. I'm really motivated. I'm just out of some big training period. 2 weeks of work with 3 or 4 hours of hard work per day.

RL: How's been your season so far?
FS: I've had a good beginning. Quality matches. My rankings are ok: 50th in singles, 10th in doubles. As time goes by, it gets harder to keep that level in the rankings.

RL: You're over 15 years in your career. Is the pleasure still the same?
FS: It's there, yes. I've got a unique game which generally doesn't leave people indifferent. Most of the time, some of them tell me very nice words. That's moving.

RL: One word on your 1st round match against Paul Henri Mathieu. Is he the kind of opponent that suits you?
FS: It's gonna be tough. Very tough. Paulo is solid on clay as well as on hard. He's not easy to move. And also, he's French......French tennis level is such that we have little chance to avoid each other. That's a good thing for our sport.

RL: How have you decided to play doubles associated to Richard?
FS: We've always told each other that we're gonna play together one day. That was the right time here, as my usual partner (Nenad Zimonjic) isn't present. Richard, he's a cool and healthy guy.

RL: Do you have things in common?
FS: When it comes to our personality, yes. We 've both been raised in the same kind of family background, outside big cities. Like him, I've remained pretty close to my parents. But the comparisons stop here. He's got a much more mature game than I had at this age!!

RL: Will we get to see Fabrice Santoro back next year at the Arênes?
FS: I think so. For the rest, I don't look beyond. I have that principle that one needs to provide a lot of efforts to do the things right, do one's job the best possible, be "watcheable". I don't know if I'm gonna be ready for all that after 2007.

RL: What will your last challenges look like?
FS: Get good results in GSs. In singles as well as doubles. And winning a title in an inferior category event, that's not impossible I think....
Old 10-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #25
country flag Fabrice Fan

Thank you sooooooooo much for the translation of this interview Choupi!!! I'm very excited to hear that Fab is planning on playing in 2007.
I hope he will be able to play even longer....but even just one more year will be great. Now my only dilemma will be...Will it be possible for me to attend IW again in 2007??? I certainly hope so!
Old 10-06-2006, 02:58 AM   #26

Yes Choupi thanks for the translation of the article We would be lost without you And I'm glad that Fab and Richie have teamed up for the Doubles. I really like both of them so it is good they are winning in Doubles
Old 10-07-2006, 04:50 AM   #27

Fab and Richie are in the Doubles' Semi-Finals so they have done well together
Old 10-07-2006, 06:40 AM   #28
country flag Choupi

Yes, they have done very well. And I've heard Boutter commentating matches yesterday, and he said, talking about Fab & Richard, that this pair was a pleasure to watch, and that they complete themselves perfectly. They also made fun of the age difference between the 2. Let's say that Fab started to play on some important level when Richard was born. I hope they have a good match against the N°1 seeded team.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #29
country flag silverwhite

They reached the doubles final!

Old 10-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #30
country flag Fabrice Fan

Yippee Fab and Richard!!!