my serve is not good - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
country flag ThirztyTurtle

ThirztyTurtle is on a distinguished road
Default my serve is not good

ive only been playing since summer stopped during the winter and am playing again to prepare for my high school team in the spring. my serving usually never goes over and if it does it goes too far. its really frustrating and i cant do it!!!
ThirztyTurtle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
country flag ThirztyTurtle

ThirztyTurtle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: my serve is not good

o yeah. what is vcash?
ThirztyTurtle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #3
country flag tennisplayer89

tennisplayer89 is on a distinguished road

From what you have said, I really can't give a great solution. You may want to see a local pro to work on your technique. Make sure to leave your wrist relaxed when serving. This will allow the wrist to snap through contact and will help the long balls land in and add more powre. The best way to improve your serve is to practice, practice, and practice.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #4
country flag twkwyl

twkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond reputetwkwyl has a reputation beyond repute

Take a movie clip by DSC or cellphone and post in youtube. Pro here could help I think if they can see your serving
twkwyl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #5
country flag tennisismygame

tennisismygame is on a distinguished road

Make sure your shoulder is pointing to where you are serving as well as the arm you are tossing the ball with. Don't be afraid to throw the ball high because you need to hit the ball on the sweet spot (basically the middle of the racquet) as it is coming down. And you want to throw the ball directly in front of you. Throw the ball up to where, if you had to catch it, you would not have to move your body to catch it. When you hit the ball, break your wrist so the ball will not go too high or too far. So basically, don't hit the ball too low or it will go in the net and if you don't break your wrist, it will go to far or too high, or both. Hope this helps!
tennisismygame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote