2006/7 NBL Tipping Competition - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
bad gambler

Default 2006/7 NBL Tipping Competition

I think it is fair to say there is enough interest on these boards to make this a worthwhile competition.

We have two options:

1) Competition which is run by the NBL where all we need to do is pick the winners of games. I can create a private compeition for MTF members only to participate.

2) Competition where I run privately on these boards, but will be more challenging whereby I will post the respective rounds' game line spreads for each week and members need to PM me with their selections before a specified cut off.

Let me know firstly whether you are interested to participate and secondly which of the above two options you prefer?

Any other questions just let me know in this thread. Once we have established how the competition will work, I will release more details in terms of specifics etc

Commitments

Code:
dave_nz
Mr Flamboyant
Bolar Bolabi
good_gambler
sports freak
Finns4
SadrieL
Langers
andrew057
sparkus8
bossboss

Last edited by bad gambler : 09-18-2006 at 09:38 AM.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
bad gambler

Default Re: 2006/7 NBL Tipping Competition

Rules

As I alluded to in this thread, I'm going to try and keep this very simple.

1. All lines will be posted before tipoff. Given Centrebet generally stagger their release of lines, there may be instances where you will need to check back in the thread for the new lines for the games played later in the round. You will have up to 30min before shceduled tipoff of a particular game to send me your tip.
2. You are expected to tip ALL games for a particular round.
3. I will not be posting lines during the Christmas period and those games will not be counted for this competition on the basis that I will be away and also undoubtedly there will be others away during that time. I'll clarify which rounds will not be counted when we get closer to the date.
4. You will need to pick the team who will "cover" the spread not necessarily the one who wins. e.g.

Code:
Sydney Kings -5.5
Melbourne Tigers +5.5
I send in my tip as being "Melbourne +5.5" and the final score is Sydney 97-93. Although Sydney won the game, Melbourne got within 5.5 spread hence the pick will be graded as a win and you will receive 1 point. Incorrect picks will receive 0 points.

For the full schedule refer to the following:

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=schedule&rid=0

Last edited by bad gambler : 09-19-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
I think it is fair to say there is enough interest on these boards to make this a worthwhile competition.

We have two options:

1) Competition which is run by the NBL where all we need to do is pick the winners of games. I can create a private compeition for MTF members only to participate.

2) Competition where I run privately on these boards, but will be more challenging whereby I will post the respective rounds' game line spreads for each week and members need to PM me with their selections before a specified cut off.

Let me know firstly whether you are interested to participate and secondly which of the above two options you prefer?

Any other questions just let me know in this thread.

Hey BG I def. like the 2nd one better. After all its a gambling forum. Either way count me in
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz
Hey BG I def. like the 2nd one better. After all its a gambling forum. Either way count me in

hehe the men will pick option 2, the boys option 1

But again, this is everyone's vote and will let you all decide. Personally I am easy either way.

Also to clarify, I will not participate in this competition as we will need to have an unbias/objective person to run it, especially in the option 2 scenario.

Last edited by bad gambler : 09-16-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

count me in! As to the format, why not have both..? ie a head to head selection along with the selection at the line .. each game would worth two points (one point for ML pick and another for the ATS) ..

I think that'd make it interesting because there'd be a lot of games where you'd be on opposing sides ML / ATS ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #6
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - I'm in.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:32 AM   #7
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
count me in! As to the format, why not have both..? ie a head to head selection along with the selection at the line .. each game would worth two points (one point for ML pick and another for the ATS) ..

I think that'd make it interesting because there'd be a lot of games where you'd be on opposing sides ML / ATS ..
Flambo - personally I think it will be too complicated if we have both. Going to try and keep this simple i.e. you tip a correct ATS you get 1 point, you don't you get nothing.

As to opposing ML's and ATS, I guess think of it like a normal bet - you may not think a team will win but they can cover.

Thanks also Bolar - have noted you down as well
Old 09-16-2006, 04:38 AM   #8
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in either way.

Number 2 will be alot of work for you BG but if you're up for it...

Silly question:
Cash prizes - you mean vCash or real cash... and where is the money coming from?
Are we paying an "entry fee"?
Old 09-16-2006, 04:41 AM   #9
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler
I'm in either way.

Number 2 will be alot of work for you BG but if you're up for it...

Silly question:
Cash prizes - you mean vCash or real cash... and where is the money coming from?
Are we paying an "entry fee"?
It won't be much work at all - simply cut and paste the lines when they come out on centrebet and post it in here and at the end of each round I will post up the ladder

Cash prizes = means the real stuff, the stuff you can use to buy things with - and no entry fee required, just sign up and we are ready to go.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:42 AM   #10
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

And the winner is DaveNZ,lol!!Im in aswell!!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:27 AM   #11
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler

Thanks also Bolar - have noted you down as well
Cheers.

Can't wait. Hopefully we all have a solid season. Brisbane

BTW, what did you think of West Indies beating India the other night? I sent an SMS to my brother. "Good win by the Windies". He replied "A lucky one" I reckon we could have chased it down anyway the way Lara and Sarwan were playing.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:25 AM   #12
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

So are we going off the Centrebet lines BG..?
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #13
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
So are we going off the Centrebet lines BG..?

Well it is the bookie of choice

I'll post some basic rules in a bit about how this will work.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute

BG are we allowed to pass for a set amount of games ? as u know some games u just want to pass and not bet. Maybe a minimum picks for the season could be set and no passing in the final round or something like that.
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #15
country flag Finns4

Finns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond repute

Im in. Im happy wit one or 2
Finns4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote