Are you in the "red" or in the "black" ..? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #1
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you in the "red" or in the "black" ..?

Ok, so we're all in this to come out infront financially .. but the common view on betting seems to be that "the house always wins" ..

We all share tips and info and post plays here, and no doubt everyone keeps records of how they're going overall. So, I thought it'd be interesting to share stats / records ect on how we're going ..

Of course, you only have to disclose as much as you want in terms of figures ect, but it'd be good to get an indication on just how many punters are profiting ..

Personally, I started having a flutter a few years ago and made all the mistakes newbies make .. Had some wins, had some losses and after a couple of years I finished up just a hair or so in the "red".

Resumed in about February this year, and decided to, wherever possible bet only on things with only two possible outcomes (ie leaving margins ect alone and just sticking with head to head type plays). Watching the way you guys bet this way convinced me it was the best method.

Anyway, this proved much more profitable and a couple of months ago I reached a milestone of being $1000 'up' overall (my stock-standard stake is $100). I've hit a bit of a rough patch since then and currently sit about $700 up atm..

But I'm now wondering, will I continue to build my overall bank? Or do the punting gods intervene at some stage and send everyone back to square one..? Some of the losing bets I've made recently have been in breach of the rules I followed to get in front in the first place. So I'm determined to stop taking short cuts and get back to what worked (ie strong 'singles' and 'banker doubles'). I also think the end of the NRL season will help because I'm convinced it's just not possible to get anywhere with this sport. Soccer on the other hand ..
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you in the "red" or in the "black" ..?

I'll answer this in a bit more detail at a later time but I'm convinced if you keep betting the fuckers will eventually win.

You can get ahead but they just keep bringing you back down.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
country flag $@M

$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute$@M has a reputation beyond repute

red
$@M is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
country flag Doctor Dance

Doctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Dance has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't keep record of bets previously (which is bad)

But now I have started
Doctor Dance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute

Okay...
I started betting not all that long ago and never really kept a record.
I was definately losing though.

Towards the middle of April I opened an online account with Centrebet.
And like you, Mr.Flamboyant, made all the silly errors of a beginner... with stupid multi bets.. and such.

I've "knuckled" down and stopped betting on shit like that but I'm still learning and experimenting.
My wagers are not as big as alot of people on this forum but until I have learnt a proper stratedgy and stopped making the dumb errors I won't step it up.

I'm still behind but am making steady progress.
I won a bit over the US Open but then lost a bit on NFL week 1.
Stuff like that is continuelly happening.
I'm sure I'll learn.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #6
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Currently on an ROI of 24%...but as with many of you guys, I'm still learning. This is my first full year in betting, and I've been experimenting all year with strategies. One thing that reads loud and clear: if you want to make money, you shouldn't bet for the sake of it. Wait until a juicy match-up comes along and stake accordingly.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #7

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez
you shouldn't bet for the sake of it. Wait until a juicy match-up comes along and stake accordingly.
Absolutely .. I know I'd do better if I stuck purely to those bets that you earmark a few days before they're due to be played, and didn't get sucked into a couple of others prior to it ..
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #8
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
Absolutely .. I know I'd do better if I stuck purely to those bets that you earmark a few days before they're due to be played, and didn't get sucked into a couple of others prior to it ..
I hope you're eyeing up the Ancic-Hrbaty match then!
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:33 AM   #9

Mate I just hope I get the opportunity .. For some reason the mob I bet with (TAB Sportsbet) have been excluding a lot of the matches in Beijing and Bucarest from their daily card .. Ancic and Hrbaty have featured over the past couple of days though, so hopefully their matchup will be available tomorrow ..

By the way, who are you leaning towards in this one? Heard Ancic is or was carrying a knee complaint ..
Old 09-16-2006, 01:45 AM   #10
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

If you understand tennis and are responsible, the only thing that makes betting hard is that a losing streak loses money faster than a winning streak wins money. This is obviously a huge thing tho.

Dominika Cibulková
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote