Maximum Number of Threads - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2006, 03:06 AM   #16

Default Re: Maximum Number of Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
It's possible that some posters would start more than 3 threads in an hour. Especially in tournament threads and challengers etc. You have main draw for singles and doubles in like 2 to 3 tournaments. You will have 4-6 threads already.
I'm sticking to my idea that at least some of this new thread starting is to get vCash. We weren't having this much trouble with new threads when we were getting paid for posts. And if there are certain members that seem to be starting a lot of new threads, why isn't something being said or done to them?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #17
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I'm sticking to my idea that at least some of this new thread starting is to get vCash. We weren't having this much trouble with new threads when we were getting paid for posts.
This is counterintuitive and makes no sense. If vcash was a motivation, then the thread floodding problems would've started when vcash was given for threads. It's not anymore, therefore I don't see how there could POSSIBLY be a correlation between what happened and vcash. Stick to whatever idea you want, but this has nothing to do with vcash. I know it may be hard for you to believe, but a lot of people here at MTF could not care less about vcash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
And if there are certain members that seem to be starting a lot of new threads, why isn't something being said or done to them?
The threads were deleted and I imagine that the person/people who did it were banned. Lee was, I think anyway, trying to help AVOID this happening again.

Mae, do you even know what happened that caused Lee to make this thoughtful suggestion?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #18

Yes I know why Lee started this thread. What I didn't know is that threads were no longer paid for. The last threads I did I was paid for them. Also thank you so much for answering my question that someone did do something about this situation. Trust me I can refer you to posts that prove posters other than myself are interested in vCash.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:53 PM   #19
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

OK fine, then start a thread about vcash. This thread is for the problem of people flooding the board with too many threads at once.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-16-2006, 03:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
OK fine, then start a thread about vcash. This thread is for the problem of people flooding the board with too many threads at once.
Deb you still don't get it. We are still getting paid for starting threads so people are starting threads. If it were true that we weren't getting paid for starting threads, my theory about vCash wouldn't hold up at all. And I would shut up about it. Right now there is no vBetting, but posters know vBetting is coming back. And they want vCash to vBet with so how can they get vCash? Right now there are only two ways to get vCash and that is by starting new threads and to blog. And it is IMO a lot easier to start new threads than it is to blog.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:47 AM   #21
country flag Deboogle!.

I get it. You don't get it. This thread, and this problem at MTF, have NOTHING to do with vcash. It's all you talk about. It's not relevant in this thread. I don't know why you keep bringing it up in this thread.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:02 AM   #22

Quote:
I get it. You don't get it. This thread, and this problem at MTF, have NOTHING to do with vcash. It's all you talk about. It's not relevant in this thread. I don't know why you keep bringing it up in this thread.
Deb there is a thread in another section of this area of MTF that talks about "Dollars disappearing". Read it! It is about a poster starting threads and vCash--and it is exactly what I am posting about. The connection between starting threads and getting vCash.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:10 AM   #23
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It isn't your thread. You did not start the thread. You do not have the right to tell people what they may and may not post in this thread.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:17 AM   #24
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Deb there is a thread in another section of this area of MTF that talks about "Dollars disappearing". Read it! It is about a poster starting threads and vCash--and it is exactly what I am posting about. The connection between starting threads and getting vCash.
Ok, then talk about it there. This thread is about people who are flooding the forum with stupid threads to get attention. So I don't see the relevance of talking about vcash here. But, ok.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:28 AM   #25
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, then talk about it there. This thread is about people who are flooding the forum with stupid threads to get attention. So I don't see the relevance of talking about vcash here. But, ok.

I do.

Often, people start these stupid threads to get vCash. That's all Mae is trying to say. I understand her for once actually.

That is why often the first response to a dumb thread is, "You must really be desperate for vCash" or something along those lines. People start pointless threads to earn that silly stuff. It may not be something you care much about, but it IS motivation for some of these people.

Now some people still start stupid threads even if they don't care about vCash, which is more what this thread is about, but to dismiss what Mae is saying completely, I don't think is fair. It is a part of it, and it is motivation for some people

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #26
country flag punctuated.

punctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond reputepunctuated. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
Deb you still don't get it. We are still getting paid for starting threads so people are starting threads. If it were true that we weren't getting paid for starting threads, my theory about vCash wouldn't hold up at all. And I would shut up about it. Right now there is no vBetting, but posters know vBetting is coming back. And they want vCash to vBet with so how can they get vCash? Right now there are only two ways to get vCash and that is by starting new threads and to blog. And it is IMO a lot easier to start new threads than it is to blog.
have you ever considered getting a life?
punctuated. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 04:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatejBockoFan
It isn't your thread. You did not start the thread. You do not have the right to tell people what they may and may not post in this thread.
Thanks you Scott
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
I do.

Often, people start these stupid threads to get vCash. That's all Mae is trying to say. I understand her for once actually.

That is why often the first response to a dumb thread is, "You must really be desperate for vCash" or something along those lines. People start pointless threads to earn that silly stuff. It may not be something you care much about, but it IS motivation for some of these people.

Now some people still start stupid threads even if they don't care about vCash, which is more what this thread is about, but to dismiss what Mae is saying completely, I don't think is fair. It is a part of it, and it is motivation for some people
Thank you Maybe if I had added the last part of your post and said I know there are posters who start stupid threads without any interest in vCash. My explanation would have been much clearer and easier for people to understand. And since there is no Smilie with a "white flag" I will use

Last edited by 16681 : 09-16-2006 at 04:46 AM.