Comparision:TT vs. PAW - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Comparision:TT vs. PAW

TT vs. PAW,which is tougher?

Let's see:

PAW:
-limited number of picks
-You choose what matches you're gonna predict
-No draw

TT:
-You have to predict ALL main draw matches
-Difficult TB matches
-A draw:you are playing against someone,you have an opponent.
-you have to play every day,predict all matches.

I think TT is much more tougher game. It's just like ATP.
In PAW you just send 13 picks for the whole tornament(example)and that's it.You wait and see how many points you gain,and on what position you are.
In TT,you play against other players,you predict ALL MATCHES every single day,and you progress further in the draw.TT is more interesting .And much tougher of course.What do you think?
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
country flag Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparision:TT vs. PAW

imho PAW is much better as it's much more similar to betting, being selective, not just about picking as many winners as possible. Just getting many winners is much easier than selecting the right matches considering the scoring points.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #3

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotzenplotz View Post
imho PAW is much better as it's much more similar to betting, being selective, not just about picking as many winners as possible. Just getting many winners is much easier than selecting the right matches considering the scoring points.
Everyone has his opinion..But that's the point,in PAW you can CHOOSE WICH MACTH YOU'R GONNA PREDICT!But,in TT you predict all,even the tough one..And it's more interesting,there are match-ups,someone vs. someone.And PAW is all about counting points...No draw..No matchups...Boring..But I will try to play next year
But,be realistic,TT is MUCH MORE harder...A TT winner is a real master...TO predict ALL MATCHES in a touney...that's very difficult.....And as you said,PAW is like betting...You dont have to predict all...just what you want...But to win,when predicting all,that's
Old 11-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Having played both games, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

TT reminds more the ATP tour in the sense that you have actual matches and you have to win them to advance to the next round. But the similarities stop there - you have ATP tournaments with 64 players in the draw, TMS tournaments with 128 players in the draw, and the rankings aren't very seriously taken. Moreover, winning matches in TT doesn't necessarily imply that you have an above-average tennis knowledge, because it happens very often that both players decide to be conservative and pick all the favourites, so the match is decided on PTS (and PTS is about nothing but luck).

PAW is much better organised (which is understandable considering it has been around for much longer than TT), is more realistic to the point that winning a GS/TMS event is much tougher than winning a regular tour event (because everyone will play the former ones), and like Hotzenplotz said, it resembles much more to gambling - to win it you can't be conservative, the game tests your ability to predict where the upsets will happen - which is at least one step forward to only predicting the winner like it's done in TT.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
TT vs. PAW,which is tougher?

Let's see:

PAW:
-limited number of picks
-You choose what matches you're gonna predict
-No draw

TT:
-You have to predict ALL main draw matches
-Difficult TB matches
-A draw:you are playing against someone,you have an opponent.
-you have to play every day,predict all matches.
I think that putting one game over the other is just like looking for the superiority of basketball over football. Play the game you like, and don't try to convince people, that if basketball has a time limit to lead an action whereas football doesn't, then football is for kids. You cannot say what is tougher; if you think that boxing is tougher than chess - you're wrong.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
country flag Cervantes

Cervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think TT is much more tougher game.
So basically you're challenging me to start TT next year? We'll see.

I still think PAW is more fun, cause there's more strategy involved. Do you pick the sure 7 points or take more risk for 16. With TT you just look at the odds and go with the favorites. Cause if you don't you won't win in the long run. Oh, and btw you don't have to be the best of the field to win TT, you just have to be better than your opponent in any given round. And like someone already said there's a great deal of luck involved in each round (especially later on).

Berdych, Blake, J. Johansson, Ljubicic, Nalbandian and Tursunov

2005 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2006 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2007 PAW Year-end ranking: 6

Career titles (7): 2004 – Toronto AMS; 2005 – Monte Carlo AMS, Roland Garros, Kitzbühel; 2006 – Doha, Beijing; 2007 - Kitzbühel.
Finalist (3): 2005 – Miami AMS, Barcelona; 2006 – Bastad.
Cervantes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
country flag yemok

yemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
So basically you're challenging me to start TT next year? We'll see.

I still think PAW is more fun, cause there's more strategy involved. Do you pick the sure 7 points or take more risk for 16. With TT you just look at the odds and go with the favorites. Cause if you don't you won't win in the long run. Oh, and btw you don't have to be the best of the field to win TT, you just have to be better than your opponent in any given round. And like someone already said there's a great deal of luck involved in each round (especially later on).
PAW & TT are both great predicting games. Surely TT is a lot more difficult in long-term plan because only 1 single match can throw you out of the tournament in the first round. And this can happen week after week, even if your score is better than 70% of the rest, and even if you predict correctly 8 matches from 8, for example. It's impossible to be near the top in every tournament, the luck is really important here... And in PAW you can plan and play the whole week, everything is up to you only and you can't leave the tourney because one guy is a little better than you. But the greatest advantage of TT is the suspense every day, and that's cool :Q
So, both games are very different, both are great.

And yes, I'm looking forward to see Cervantes in TT
I'm curious how will the top PAW-player do with the tipping :Q
PAW race rank 26 (29) :: results
Winner /Houston/ :: Final /Gstaad/ :: SF /Paris/ :: QF /Hamburg, Toronto, Tokyo, Lyon, Chennai, Auckland/
Suicide Tennis rank 9 (8) :: results
Winner /Dubai, Bangkok/ :: Final /Barcelona, Basel/
yemok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:30 AM   #8
country flag Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemok View Post
PAW & TT are both great predicting games. Surely TT is a lot more difficult in long-term plan because only 1 single match can throw you out of the tournament in the first round. And this can happen week after week, even if your score is better than 70% of the rest, and even if you predict correctly 8 matches from 8, for example. It's impossible to be near the top in every tournament, the luck is really important here... And in PAW you can plan and play the whole week, everything is up to you only and you can't leave the tourney because one guy is a little better than you. But the greatest advantage of TT is the suspense every day, and that's cool :Q

Actually, the fact that luck plays such a big role in TT makes it less attractive to me as I prefer games in which skill is more important. I don't really need daily suspense and prefer strategical thinking. That being said, I'd also be willing to give it a go to see how well I can do there. However, having to start at challenger level doesn't really attract when you're a top ten PAW player so a WC/SE for the best PAWers wouldn't be amiss
Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemok View Post

Well said!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #10

But the question is,wich is TOUGHER?
For me,it's way harder to win TT tournament then PAW tournament.
But as Robus said,you can't actually comprare 2 very different games.You can't compare 2 sports,or 2 games and I agree with him.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
country flag yemok

yemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond reputeyemok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But the question is,wich is TOUGHER?
I think the question is not well-defined... because PAW is much more tougher to play, this game is strategic, you need to think over the whole week. And TT is tougher to win and to reach constantly the last stages of the tournament (for example the year Nr1 in TT won 51 and lost 30 matches)

PAW race rank 26 (29) :: results
Winner /Houston/ :: Final /Gstaad/ :: SF /Paris/ :: QF /Hamburg, Toronto, Tokyo, Lyon, Chennai, Auckland/
Suicide Tennis rank 9 (8) :: results
Winner /Dubai, Bangkok/ :: Final /Barcelona, Basel/
yemok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote