Juniors - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #136
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juniors

Coric is #68 on the new list (tie with 3 other players, could be #65). He will be #31 on the beginig of the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
I think that Borna earned a thread of his own.It would be nice to start a new season with Borna's thread after all he is our best junior and one of the best in the world.
That's true.

Last edited by petar_pan : 12-12-2011 at 04:07 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #137
country flag networthy

networthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond repute

This week, now that the 1993 players have dropped off the junior rankings, there are three Croats in the top 100:

39. CORIC, Borna (b. Nov. 1996)
59. VEGER, Filip (b. Dec. 1994)
72. MIOCIC, Franko (b. May 1995)
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #138
country flag okramb

okramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond reputeokramb has a reputation beyond repute

I opened a thread for Borna, I think he deserve it, so from now on this thread will be for other Croatian juniors besides Borna.

As a new season is starting and Borna is the best Croatin junior and one of the most talented players in the world I think it's the right time for his own thread.Anyway, over 90% of posts in this thread were about Borna.
okramb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #139
country flag networthy

networthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond repute

^ Good decision.

Speaking of other juniors, yesterday Veger and Miocic both won their singles R1 matches in Australia. Good luck to both of them--and to Borna too, of course!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #140
country flag networthy

Good news: In Traralgon R2 Veger beat world #16 Nick Kyrgios in straights, 75 63
Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #141
country flag networthy

^ More good news: Veger is now into Traralgon QF after beating world #6, Ferreira Silva, in R3; the score was 61 26 62.

In the QF he plays world #23, Couacaud. Good luck!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #142
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Veger is in semis of doubles with Pavlasek. They beat home boy Luke Saville, fantastic player, the best junior in the world! And some ot some other Australian. Saville won Wimbledon last year and I think he will win AO too.
Czech is in semis of singles too.

Last edited by petar_pan : 01-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #143
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

He is in the final! They will play vs 6th seeded Britts Liam Broady and Joshua Ward - Hibbert.

Last edited by petar_pan : 01-27-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #144
country flag networthy

BTW, this week Veger reached a CH ranking, #58. By having reached the final he will move to ~51.

If he wins the final I believe he will pass Borna to become the #1 Croatian junior.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #145
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
BTW, this week Veger reached a CH ranking, #58. By having reached the final he will move to ~51.

If he wins the final I believe he will pass Borna to become the #1 Croatian junior.
No he won't. If they win he will be 45th. But that's not important. Omportant thing is, he is in GS final.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #146
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
No he won't. If they win he will be 45th. But that's not important. Omportant thing is, he is in GS final.
Did you consider that doubles winners of GS events get 180 bonus points?

But, yes, what's important is the he's in the final. Unfortunately they just lost the first set
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #147
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Did you consider that doubles winners of GS events get 180 bonus points?

But, yes, what's important is the he's in the final. Unfortunately they just lost the first set
You need to divide that number with 4. So he won't get anything from singles but will get 30 points from doubles (120:4) and that will get him till, like you said, 51st position.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #148
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
You need to divide that number with 4. So he won't get anything from singles but will get 30 points from doubles (120:4) and that will get him till, like you said, 51st position.
My point was that if Veger had won the final he would have become the top-ranked Croat. He would have picked up 90 points [(180 regular points + 180 bonus points = 360 points / 4 = 90].
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #149
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
My point was that if Veger had won the final he would have become the top-ranked Croat. He would have picked up 90 points [(180 regular points + 180 bonus points = 360 points / 4 = 90].
Yeah, I forgot that. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #150
country flag mamacita

mamacita is on a distinguished road

Marko Goles Babic won G4 in Austria,made finals in G4 in Slovenia plus he won doubles in Slovenia with Borovina.well done Marko!
mamacita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote