The Rain Haters Thread!!! (Weather Updates/Complaining) - Page 58 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #856
country flag Pigpen Stinks

Pigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond reputePigpen Stinks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better forecast for tomorrow- weather updates!

These types of weather systems this time of year can be pretty pesky. Let's hope for the best, but don't be surprised if there are plenty of delays tomorrow as well.
Pigpen Stinks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #857
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
You dont have that "fool" in your username for nothing do you
Ok, I don't know how to take that
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:28 AM   #858
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, to make amends, just wanted to say the FULL schedule is now out for tomorrow.
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:31 AM   #859
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen Stinks
These types of weather systems this time of year can be pretty pesky. Let's hope for the best, but don't be surprised if there are plenty of delays tomorrow as well.
Well, this is the remnants of a hurricane, so yeah, it's hard to know what it's gonna do. Hopefully it will get its butt outta there overnight

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:32 AM   #860
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
USA is pretty decent about jumping around when more than one big name is playing at the same time, especially since tomorrow will be a jam-packed day
USA is pretty good about that for the most part.. However, I can't recall about CBS, which will be showing the matches during the day. I have the feeling that they may be pretty singular and so even if, for example, Nalby versus Safin is a real cracker- I doubt we will see much. But I will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Feel free to call me a Fedtard or say that I'm whining*, but I wish that Federer had gotten the night session at AA. In his post-match interview yesterday, he said that he would like to play a night session on AA. He also alluded to the fact that he was not a huge fan favorite at the USO (I think he is gaining a very large number of fans in the US however.) I just think it would be nice if the two-time defending champ could have gotten the night session on AA. But, on the bright side, the atmosphere can be great on LA-and with the way Moya played yesterday, a Carlos/James match could be good stuff.

* Although I tend to think of wishing that on could see a match on TV or that a certain player was able to play on a court is often dismissed as "whining", when a lot of times it is just the wish of a tennis fan to see a good match, etc.

Last edited by Clara Bow : 09-03-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Clara Bow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:09 AM   #861
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Roger got quite a few night matches on AA last year. The thing that sucks with all these rain delays is tv coverage because all these great matches are going on and you get to see very little of most of them. Maybe CBS will switch over to Nalby/Safin, but I really doubt it. And USA might show some of Roger's match in between Sharapova/Blake. But once Blake comes on court I have a feeling that's all we're going to see. It's too bad the US Open doesn't have the streaming matches like Wimbledon did.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:09 AM   #862
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Feel free to call me a Fedtard or say that I'm whining*, but I wish that Federer had gotten the night session at AA. In his post-match interview yesterday, he said that he would like to play a night session on AA. He also alluded to the fact that he was not a huge fan favorite at the USO (I think he is gaining a very large number of fans in the US however.) I just think it would be nice if the two-time defending champ could have gotten the night session on AA. But, on the bright side, the atmosphere can be great on LA-and with the way Moya played yesterday, a Carlos/James match could be good stuff.
Could not agree with you more on this one.
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:52 AM   #863
country flag tripb19

tripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Andre Agassi, United States, vs. Benjamin Becker, Germany

Andy Roddick (9), United States, vs. Fernando Verdasco (22), Spain

Serena Williams, United States, vs. Ana Ivanovic (16), Serbia

Night Session Play begins at 7 p.m.
Maria Sharapova (3), Russia, vs. Elena Likhovtseva (32), Russia

James Blake (5), United States, vs. Carlos Moya, Spain

Louis Armstrong Stadium Day Session
David Nalbandian (4), Argentina, vs. Marat Safin, Russia

I just wanted to have a whine as well. At the AO, I'd be mortified if I had to watch all the Australian players in sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by my0118
Watch your hero getting schooled by Nalbandian like this pansy again.
At least this pansy took 6 games from Nalby whilst your hero took 3 games in Madrid.
Oct/Nov 2007: There was a time in history when the quality of a tennis player was determined by how many games he won off David Nalbandian.
tripb19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:09 AM   #864
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow
USA is pretty good about that for the most part.. However, I can't recall about CBS, which will be showing the matches during the day. I have the feeling that they may be pretty singular and so even if, for example, Nalby versus Safin is a real cracker- I doubt we will see much. But I will be more than happy to be proven wrong.
Well, I was replying in regards to the fact that James and Roger are playing at the same time, at night. I imagine USA will bounce back and forth, but probably focus on the one that's closer/more dramatic.... which brings me to my next point....
Quote:
one would have to think that at least part of the decision process was the organization at least trying to predict the quality of the matches. I mean, Fed is going to make mincemeat for dinner out of Spadea. The way he said today on CBS that he remembers the last time they played and how Spadea bageled him and how he wants revenge, he's going to be out for blood tomorrow Whereas, Carlos is a former #1 himself, playing the US #1 and I think at least on paper, the match should be a lot more exciting and a lot closer, a lot more fiery. I'm just thinking out loud about this, obviously we don't know what happened, but i mean, it makes sense....

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:21 AM   #865
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
one would have to think that at least part of the decision process was the organization at least trying to predict the quality of the matches. I mean, Fed is going to make mincemeat for dinner out of Spadea. The way he said today on CBS that he remembers the last time they played and how Spadea bageled him and how he wants revenge, he's going to be out for blood tomorrow Whereas, Carlos is a former #1 himself, playing the US #1 and I think at least on paper, the match should be a lot more exciting and a lot closer, a lot more fiery. I'm just thinking out loud about this, obviously we don't know what happened, but i mean, it makes sense....
That does make sense - and franky after the Sharapova beatdown a few days ago maybe they want to avoid another smackdown at night on AA. It is just that Roger frankly sounded a little wistful during his on-court it touched my cold little heart.

I do hope that the James/Moya match is a good one. It does sound like Carlos was very impressive yesterday- so this could be a battle. (At least I hope so!)
Old 09-03-2006, 02:23 AM   #866
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
That does make sense - and franky after the Sharapova beatdown a few days ago maybe they want to avoid another smackdown at night on AA. It is just that Roger frankly sounded a little wistful during his on-court it touched my cold little heart.
I'm sure he'll be at night some point
Quote:
I do hope that the James/Moya match is a good one. It does sound like Carlos was very impressive yesterday- so this could be a battle. (At least I hope so!)
I hope so too!!

Old 09-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #867
country flag Leonandy

Leonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond reputeLeonandy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland
U.S. Open Sunday Show Court Schedules
Sunday At The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center New York All Times EDT

Play begins at 11 a.m. Arthur Ashe Stadium Day Session
Andre Agassi, United States, vs. Benjamin Becker, Germany

Andy Roddick (9), United States, vs. Fernando Verdasco (22), Spain

Serena Williams, United States, vs. Ana Ivanovic (16), Serbia

Louis Armstrong Stadium Day Session
David Nalbandian (4), Argentina, vs. Marat Safin, Russia

Wesley Moodie, South Africa, vs. Rafael Nadal (2), Spain
oh,no.does it mean that they will show agassi's game instead of nalbandian vs. safin which is expected by many fans...
Roger Federer
>>>"Using Song Names To Answer these questions"Game<<<
Leonandy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:31 AM   #868
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

It's odd to see Federer demoted to a second court (the first time it's happened in one of the hardcourt Slams since 2003, I believe), but with Blake and Moya being the alternative I think it's a fair decision. In addition to the match-up they've probably also considered that Spadea isn't the kind of well-known American star who'll get the crowd fired up like Agassi or Blake, it could be rather lacking in atmosphere. I still don't think it'll be a breeze mind you, bearing in mind the quality of Vinny's returns and his general stickability in rallies.

Now a potential Federer-Gaudio meeting in the last 16.... I'm drooling at the prospect of those two setting Arthur Ashe stadium alight in the night session with their energetic personalities. I'd love to see it actually, a match-up with real style. It could just as easily be Gicquel, though, bearing in mind it would be a major breakthrough for Gaudio to get this far in a non-clay Slam.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:33 AM   #869
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
I still don't think it'll be a breeze mind you, bearing in mind the quality of Vinny's returns and his general stickability in rallies.
Have you looked at Vinny's results lately?

Old 09-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #870
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDeb
Have you looked at Vinny's results lately?
Tennis is about match-ups, not individual players' previous form.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote