The Rain Haters Thread!!! (Weather Updates/Complaining) - Page 245 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #3661
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rain Haters Thread!!! (Weather Updates/Complaining)

Catholic vs Orthodox. It's the Great Schism once again. Almost 1000 years later.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #3662
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
The US Open scheduling is ridiculous under ideal conditions. With these issues with the rain, hopefully the bottom half, Novak, is not made to play 4 days in a row.

Of course the lucky clown got a walkover and will be fine, as usual. Like Wimbledon 2007. Federer is awesome.
I'm glad you brought that up, because that's a great example of the "weak era" Federer was playing. Just look at his draw:

R1 - Gabashvili
R2 - Del Potro
R3 - Safin
R4 - Haas
QF - Ferrero
SF - Gasquet
F - Nadal

Any mug could have got through them.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #3663
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
I'm glad you brought that up, because that's a great example of the "weak era" Federer was playing. Just look at his draw:

R1 - Gabashvili
R2 - Del Potro
R3 - Safin
R4 - Haas
QF - Ferrero
SF - Gasquet
F - Nadal

When u look at that draw,u see a lot of good players but on the other hand,at that time Federer surely loved that situation.Del Potro was a rookie on grass,Safin was in a slump,got a walkover over Haas,Ferrero in quarters wasn`t that tough and Gasquet was tired after the 5 setter over Roddick.
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #3664
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

R1 - Gabashvili
R2 - Del Potro
R3 - Safin
R4 - Haas
QF - Ferrero
SF - Gasquet
F - Nadal

I don't get it, are you saying that draw was weak or strong?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #3665
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriraz View Post
When u look at that draw,u see a lot of good players but on the other hand,at that time Federer surely loved that situation.Del Potro was a rookie on grass,Safin was in a slump,got a walkover over Haas,Ferrero in quarters wasn`t that tough and Gasquet was tired after the 5 setter over Roddick.
If you actually looked at your TV during Wimbledon 2007, you'd know that you're spouting BS.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #3666
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If you actually looked at your TV during Wimbledon 2007, you'd know that you're spouting BS.
If Nole got Gasquet, Gabashvili and a walkover in his draw, you would be posting "draw from hell" all over the board
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #3667
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
If Nole got Gasquet, Gabashvili and a walkover in his draw, you would be posting "draw from hell" all over the board
Gasquet plays a lot better on grass. Gabashvili is a normal opponent. The courts also play ideal for Pushovic right now. And don't start telling me he hasn't had free points since Montreal because that's simply not true.

Quote:
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #3668
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

So, er, what's happening with the weather?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #3669
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #3670
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriraz View Post
I don't care about the variables; there are variables in every slam (it's a Champion's job to overcome them). I'm merely pointing out the relative strength of the field on paper. Compare that with any of Nole's (or Federer's, I'm not saying his are any harder - but that the field as a whole isn't stronger) draws from the Slams this year. If anything, this era is weaker than the previous one, IMO.

Last edited by ServeVolley : 09-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #3671
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Yes, back on topic...

Rain. And then some rain. And then some more rain. Heaviest between 12pm-3pm (EDT) by the looks of it, and then showers intermittently for the rest of the day.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #3672
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, back on topic...

Rain. And then some rain. And then some more rain. Heaviest between 12pm-3pm (EDT) by the looks of it, and then showers intermittently for the rest of the day.
Thanks for the reply about the topic at hand. So not much hope of play today, good to know then.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #3673
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck the weather.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #3674
country flag Lurking

Lurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond reputeLurking has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/usny0996

Don't think we'll be having a 5th straight Monday final
Lurking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #3675
country flag Looner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/usny0996

Don't think we'll be having a 5th straight Monday final
If there's a big delay, the players can push for a Monday final.

Quote: